Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-06-2011, 06:55 PM  
MRB

Sacramento, California
I don't think this "occupy wall street" or the "99%" thing is going to change much if anything in the long haul. I feel sorry for a few of these poor so-n-so's too, but thats the way life is.

Old 10-06-2011, 07:58 PM  

Kent, Ohio
We'll see.

I said nearly the same thing about the Tea Party a couple years back; they're still here.

The Tea Party may have started out as a grass roots organization, but they were quickly astroturfed, and proved themselves very effective at missing the mark. Being linked to Sarah Palin, Michelle Bachmann, and the debt ceiling crisis soured their political capital with everyone but the right-most wingnuts. OWS doesn't seem like it has yet congealed into a main-stream mass, but it seems to be picking up steam.

Right now, there's no way to tell if they're a flash in the pan, or the American equivalent of the Arab Spring. I'd make references to the Boston Tea Party, but that image has been pretty tarnished over the past couple years.

Old 10-07-2011, 12:42 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR

Quote:
The Tea Party may have started out as a grass roots organization, but they were quickly astroturfed, and proved themselves very effective at missing the mark. Being linked to Sarah Palin, Michelle Bachmann, and the debt ceiling crisis soured their political capital with everyone but the right-most wingnuts.
and I thought it was all about them showing off their signs.
99%-conjob.jpg 

99%-932.jpg 

99%-4063235120_1d7afa32a8_z.jpg 

99%-moranj.jpg 

99%-front_color-blackwhite.jpg 

99%-gabm.jpg 

99%-img_0020.jpg 

99%-morandoomedflight0hv.jpg 

99%-idiot-moran.jpg 

Old 10-07-2011, 01:24 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
99%-collagegabm.jpg 

99%-speakenglish.jpg 

99%-adam_schefter9d.jpg 

99%-steelers.jpg 

99%-gabm-elvis.jpg 

99%-obamabestsignever.jpg 

99%-asignnando.jpg 

99%-slide_1400_20106_large.jpg 

99%-stupid-jobs.jpg 

99%-onenationundermoranf.jpg 

Old 10-07-2011, 01:40 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
99%-my_brain_hurts.jpg 

99%-ribbon-magnet-sticker-get-brain-morans.jpg 

99%-get_a_brain__morans_by_agentcorrina-d423vgw.png 

99%-foxnews.jpg 

99%-america_reading_is_for_faggots2.jpg 

99%-homescholers01.jpg 

99%-pearlphoto.jpg 

99%-no-amnety.jpg 

Old 10-07-2011, 02:16 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
99%-mortage-childs-future.jpg 

99%-looses.jpg 

99%-374.jpg 

99%-moderation-death.jpg 

99%-moranneighborhood8uz.jpg 

99%-sodomy-teabagging.jpg 

99%-sarah-palin-nightmare.jpg 

99%-borrow-slave.jpg 

99%-grabbag-570edit.jpg 

Old 10-07-2011, 02:29 PM  

Nashville, TN
Quote:
Originally Posted by rivalarrival View Post
They're NOT asking the 1% to take care of them. They're demanding that the 1% pay their own way too, instead of continuing to build their wealth through the exploitation of the 99%.
Almost 50 % of the citizens pay no income tax. How are the "rich" not paying their own way?
Old 10-07-2011, 02:37 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldognewtrick View Post
Almost 50 % of the citizens pay no income tax. How are the "rich" not paying their own way?
Only because they live in poverty already. The wealthy are undertaxed and 8 years of Bush left them on Easy Street. Time they paid their fair share.
Old 10-07-2011, 02:46 PM  

Nashville, TN
Quote:
Originally Posted by blucher View Post
Only because they live in poverty already. The wealthy are undertaxed and 8 years of Bush left them on Easy Street. Time they paid their fair share.
You had 2 years of control of both houses and the White House and couldn't do diddly poopoo to get the Bush tax cuts repealed. Why all of a sudden is everyone freaking out on Wall Street? This didn't happen overnight. I still believe it's because the great ones' poll numbers are tanking. Why isn't someone protesting about the money 500 million given to the solar company that disappeared and was set to get...wait for it...another almost 500 million? Wall Street, what about Pennsylvania Ave?
Old 10-07-2011, 03:00 PM  

Bristol, Tennessee
Quote:
federal income taxes...... not income taxes.

and your solution is to tax the poor? why aren't we asking why the working poor aren't making enough to be taxed more? No' lets go after the people 50% of americans who control lest then 2% of the wealth......

Quote:
You had 2 years of control of both houses and the White House and couldn't do diddly poopoo to get the Bush tax cuts repealed. Why all of a sudden is everyone freaking out on Wall Street? This didn't happen overnight. I still believe it's because the great ones' poll numbers are tanking. Why isn't someone protesting about the money 500 million given to the solar company that disappeared and was set to get...wait for it...another almost 500 million? Wall Street, what about Pennsylvania Ave?
it's harder to get something done when money from lobbying doesn't buy the vote, 500 million in a bad loan (where it amounts to .5% of the loans given) is not news, especially compared to the trillions of debt the republicans got us into over the last 8 year term and then handed the economy to obama (which regardless of who got the presidential vote, it is near impossible to switch from a huge deficit to balanced budget (and even more insane to want a surplus) without killing the economy.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Bookmark this Page!

» Recent Threads