Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-13-2010, 01:19 PM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
Affirmative Action

Anyone else think that the term "racism" is just overused and abused by people nowadays? Or think that there's more racism from blacks to whites than there are from whites to blacks?

Even now, I bet you're thinking I'm racist for even posting this, but I'm not Just trying to get some insight on if I'm the only one thinking these things...

https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy
Old 12-13-2010, 04:13 PM  

Rochester, New York
Heck no, I don't think you're racist.

But Affirmative Action programs award reduced or free tuition and lower admission standards to schools for people of one ethnic background to the exclusion of people with other ethnic backgrounds. It is state-sponsored racism.

Old 12-14-2010, 12:52 AM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
I'm glad someone else sees my point of view! I have a feeling a lot of people don't want to post up in here because they feel they're being politically incorrect. So kudos to you, Brian!

Old 12-14-2010, 09:17 AM  
facepalm

Minot, ND
i agree with everything said in this thread.

i would also like to point out that racism towards white people is actually called reverse racism. no kidding i heard that garbage on cnn...
Old 12-14-2010, 10:32 AM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepcache View Post
i agree with everything said in this thread.

i would also like to point out that racism towards white people is actually called reverse racism. no kidding i heard that garbage on cnn...
CNN is wrong, by definition it's racism.

Not poking the bear, but America lives on it's middle class, which is dieing. The middle class is more or less dependent on a college education, which the cost are rising, and more and more people are not making it out with degrees.

If there was a program based on a poverty, as opposed to race, would you still have an issue with it?
Old 12-14-2010, 12:42 PM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
Definitely not! This is simply based on racism in its purist form.

Old 12-15-2010, 07:05 AM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake7 View Post
Definitely not! This is simply based on racism in its purist form.
Right on. I think there are some issue as our middle class is dieing, and it needs to be met with a solution.

I'm all for universal service, I think it would make more people appreciative, and give them a trade.
Old 12-15-2010, 11:40 AM  

Rochester, New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin View Post
If there was a program based on a poverty, as opposed to race, would you still have an issue with it?
Yes, I would have a problem with that. It would be yet another form of welfare. The shrinking middle class you talk about would be squeezed still further to fund another illegal program.
Old 12-15-2010, 04:11 PM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
I think he was just trying to point out if I had a problem with minorities getting funding, or just lower class getting funding in general.

Old 12-16-2010, 04:12 AM  

Rochester, New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake7 View Post
I think he was just trying to point out if I had a problem with minorities getting funding, or just lower class getting funding in general.
No, I followed OK. A program that was color-blind certainly wouldn't qualify as state-sponsored racism. But it would still be wrong, IMO.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads