Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Click Here to Login

Old 11-08-2011, 12:45 PM  
Traveler

AG Holder/Fast and Furious

I barely know anything about this 'mess'. One border guard killed and one in jail--and the selling of weapons to drug cartels.

The hearing is taking place right now and a commercial appears advising me to call and demand that the AG be removed. I will not do this.

The management of the stress of hearing about such matters--that would be a good topic for CNN and FOX et al.

Old 11-08-2011, 01:12 PM  
fustrated genius

Apparrently the administration, (or their people) sold weapons and what not to cartels to "track" them and one was used to murder a US border patrol officer while they were attempting to intercept a drug haul in So. Arizona.

Old 11-08-2011, 01:38 PM  

I would like to see the AG go for this and other reasons.
Old 11-09-2011, 01:36 PM  
Traveler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie_T View Post
I would like to see the AG go for this and other reasons.
I just cannot stay fully informed. 'Gray areas'--moral relativity?

I am still pondering the Gitmo trial--human rights/military ethics v protecting and defending US.

Attacking the USS Cole or destroying the Twin Towers, etc --to my feeble mind it seems that those who become involved in such things should know in advance that they are 'taking a risk' and that there will be consequences appropriate to the action.

I can't recall all that I have heard about the drug cartels Mexico/South America--it seems it is not really possible to 'attack' them in the traditional sense. Atrocities are being committed---drugs are being distributed throughout the US and world and I suppose the money goes to support terrorism?

One forum had a number of Texans and Arizonans--they had plenty to say about the border--I just can't remember.
Old 06-13-2012, 01:13 PM  

According to CBS News the House Oversight Committee will vote next week on whether to hold Attorney General Eric Holder in contempt of Congress. Seems that Holder failed to provide subpoenaed documents, could it be that "the most open and transparent administration" may just have something to hide. How much longer will it take to get the truth?

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Bookmark this Page!