Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-09-2010, 12:23 PM  
ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɯnɹoɟ

VA
Attacks by those who support Wikileaks

Here is the part that I totally dont get...

In a nutshell these same individuals who are hiding behind a computer screen and controlling hundreds (even thousands) of computers that are being used to conduct these attacks, are claiming they want 'Transparency'.

So my retort to these skiddies and otherwise (well respected) hackers - You first.

Isnt it ironic that these same individuals are using every tool under the sun to conceal their identity and what they are doing?

Old 12-09-2010, 04:59 PM  
facepalm

Minot, ND
i just clicked the 'like' button in my mind

Old 12-09-2010, 05:56 PM  
The Amish wolfman...

Terre Haute, Indiana
X2 ^

Are there any law enforcement agencies trying to get these guys?
Old 12-09-2010, 06:49 PM  
Poison Idea

At least someone is doing what's right. Wikileaks and Julian Assange aren't in the wrong here* and those calling for him to be prosecuted are absolute morons who don't understand the freedoms we're afforded by the First Amendment. The only people in this situation who need to face charges are the people leaking the information in the first place. If this was the USA Today, the NY Times, Time Magazine, or any other major national new outlet releasing this info there wouldn't be anywhere near as much outrage.

What I find more ironic is how many conservatives want this guy prosecuted when one of the biggest people calling for it is Dianne Feinstein.

*the wikileaks issue, not his charges in Sweden
Old 12-09-2010, 06:53 PM  
The Amish wolfman...

Terre Haute, Indiana
I don't want to argue with you, but the only thing i want the hackers nailed for is shutting down websites....

I'm not getting into the wikileaks mess.....
Old 12-09-2010, 06:59 PM  
Poison Idea

It's really not hacking, it's just tons and tons of people DDoS them til the sites crash.
Old 12-09-2010, 07:01 PM  
Poison Idea

Oh and not that I condone what they're doing, but I don't really care either. It's not really going to screw much up other than online transactions for the day.
Old 12-09-2010, 07:15 PM  
ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɯnɹoɟ

VA
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepcache View Post
i just clicked the 'like' button in my mind
I LOLed IRL
And gave you a in my mind
Old 12-10-2010, 09:50 AM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorcharge View Post
At least someone is doing what's right. Wikileaks and Julian Assange aren't in the wrong here* and those calling for him to be prosecuted are absolute morons who don't understand the freedoms we're afforded by the First Amendment. The only people in this situation who need to face charges are the people leaking the information in the first place. If this was the USA Today, the NY Times, Time Magazine, or any other major national new outlet releasing this info there wouldn't be anywhere near as much outrage.

What I find more ironic is how many conservatives want this guy prosecuted when one of the biggest people calling for it is Dianne Feinstein.

*the wikileaks issue, not his charges in Sweden
The crime was committed, they have that guy in the brig, Assange's is not committing a crime, that's the reason they have only charged him with unlawful sex.

That's right, he's in jail for not using condom while having sex with a CIA operative.

I think what Assange is doing is terrible, but the government response will far over shadow any wrong doing by Assange I'm afraid.

It will also establish precedence that will shut down sites like ours, based on the posting of illegal content, by members or otherwise.

So to be clear, leaking of State secrets, bad, handling of this by our government, bad.
Old 12-13-2010, 02:35 AM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
I'll enjoy this guy going down for anything, really. Just my two cents!

https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads