Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Click Here to Login

Old 12-14-2010, 04:02 PM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
Read above post #12.

As far as charges from the US, I'm not very familiar with the laws surrounding things like this, so I definitely don't have the knowledge to comment on that.

https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy
Old 12-14-2010, 06:59 PM  
Commodore

San Marcos, Texas
It's all grey but the whole thing does seem all quite odd.

Quote:
In the case of Ardin it is clear that she has thrown a party in Assange’s honour at her flat after the “crime” and tweeted to her followers that she is with the “the world’s coolest smartest people, it’s amazing!”. Go on the internet and see for yourself. That Ardin has sought unsuccessfully to delete these exculpatory tweets from the public record should be a matter of grave concern. That she has published on the internet a guide on how to get revenge on cheating boyfriends ever graver. The exact content of Wil?n’s mobile phone texts is not yet known but their bragging and exculpatory character has been confirmed by Swedish prosecutors. Niether Wil?n’s nor Ardin’s texts complain of rape.

But then neither Arden nor Wil?n complained to the police but rather “sought advice”, a technique in Sweden enabling citizens to avoid just punishment for making false complaints. They sought advice together, having collaborated and irrevocably tainted each other’s evidence beforehand. Their SMS texts to each other show a plan to contact the Swedish newspaper Expressen beforehand in order to maximise the damage to Assange. They belong to the same political group and attended a public lecture given by Assange and organised by them. You can see Wil?n on the YouTube video of the event even now.

Old 12-15-2010, 02:03 AM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
Well then, I stand corrected. I don't know these women's motives, of course. Maybe they are just scammers, maybe they're working for the US - I hope not, but it's always possible. I guess time will tell.

Old 12-15-2010, 02:37 AM  

North of Wausau, Wisconsin
Something is not right about the WHOLE thing. This article helps in why I say that. This is only 1 story but many are saying the same thing.

As Pamela Geller of AtlasShrugs.com points out, Obama ?ignored the whole WikiLeaks issue [but] he could only accomplish this with the tacit support and silence of the media. Once again the criminal media is providing aid and comfort to our enemies. It had to strike you as ironic that the New York Times would not publish the 13,000 Climategate emails because they were `private emails` but they had no problem with the treason of WikiLeaks.?

And as the Gawker website states: Holder said that a ?criminal investigation into Wikileaks founder Julian Assange is more than just `saber-rattling? and Justice Department officials are claiming he violated the Espionage Act. If that?s true, isn?t the New York Times guilty as well? If Holder really believes that the Espionage Act is a constitutional law that ought to be enforced?as opposed to a mere pretext for making Assange?s life as miserable as possible?then he?d better be prepared to go after the New York Times, Le Monde, Der Spiegel, and El Pais, all of which published the classified cables after being granted early access and were part of a clear conspiracy with Wikileaks to break the Espionage Act. So if it was a crime when Assange obtained the database, why wasn?t it a crime when the Times did??

More from the article.

Our government officials tell us that Assange?s act somehow poses a threat to our national security by undermining America?s foreign policy. One may as well ask: What foreign policy? The cables show something many have always known?that most so-called leaders and politicians are liars, schemers, crooks, egomaniacs, and incompetents.

?Ask yourself this: Who is the greater threat to America? Is it an Australian programmer or Barack Obama? Assange is merely a website operator. He has no backing or powers to inflict harm on this country. Obama, on the other hand, has been using the powers of his office to systematically destroy the American economy, the dollar, our standard of living, and our standing in the world. He has been stoking racial tensions. He has been taking private property of American citizens and giving it to his friends. He and his people have been destroying the values and fabric of American society faster than you can say `bam.? In reality, it is this regime that is a menace to America.

?But above all, let us not get fooled this time around. The ruling elites will try to play on our patriotic feelings in order to save their skins. Contrary to what you will hear from this administration and its acolytes, WikiLeaks? disclosures are not a threat to America. But they are an immense threat to the current regime, because they represent a colossal indictment of its incompetence and doltishness.?

Is Barack Obama In Bed—so to speak—With Julian Assange?
Old 12-15-2010, 07:13 AM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake7 View Post
Read above post #12.

As far as charges from the US, I'm not very familiar with the laws surrounding things like this, so I definitely don't have the knowledge to comment on that.
You don't take away someone's right to speech over alleged rape.

Quote:
Well then, I stand corrected. I don't know these women's motives, of course. Maybe they are just scammers, maybe they're working for the US - I hope not, but it's always possible. I guess time will tell.
It usually does. It will all be declassified long after our deaths.
Old 12-15-2010, 04:09 PM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
Songbird, unfortunately, your responses are so incredibly politically bias that I can't really take them seriously - sorry.

And Austin, at this point all that's going on is a man has been arrested over rape, and he just so happens that he's the Wikileaks guy. Yes, there's theories otherwise, but until anything is proven, that's how it stands. So is anyone who's arrested being denied their right to free speech?

There's tons of conspiracy theories floating around. The beauty of the judicial system is, thank God, the conspiracy theorists don't decide who's guilty and who's not.

Old 01-06-2011, 01:51 PM  

Austin
Anyone notice there's not a lot of talk about the top secret documents, but a ton of stuff about Assange's love life?

Yeah, we were duped, again, thanks media.
Old 01-06-2011, 02:07 PM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
I read several newspapers every day, and I think I read an article about a different cable every day. I don't have cable, though, so I can't speak for them.

Old 01-06-2011, 03:50 PM  

Austin
Quote:
I read several newspapers every day, and I think I read an article about a different cable every day. I don't have cable, though, so I can't speak for them.
I have cable, like I said in the other thread, and that's all I see. I don't watch it, I don't care any more, I need a flu or something to distract me as we plunge further into a hopeless depression.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Bookmark this Page!