Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Click Here to Login

Old 09-27-2011, 12:31 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
A Bad Place to Be a Woman

Rick Perry's Texas: A Bad Place to Be a Woman
Blog for Choice | Rick Perry's Texas: A Bad Place to Be a Woman

Quote:
We all know what Texas Gov. Rick Perry (R) thinks of a woman's right to make personal, private medical decisions--not much.

So, when the governor holds up Texas as a model for what America might look like under a Perry presidency, we're right to be alarmed.

NPR has a new story on the state of health care in the Lone Star State, and the numbers are pretty ugly--especially for women's health care:

More than a quarter of Texans lack health insurance--that's the highest rate in the nation.
For hundreds of thousands of Texan women, family-planning clinics are their only provider of cancer screenings, Pap smears, and other basic health care.
These same family-planning clinics are under siege from Gov. Perry and his anti-choice allies in the legislature.
This year, an estimated 300,000 women will lose access to family-planning services due to Gov. Perry's budget cuts.
More than $8 million that was cut from the family-planning budget will now be re-funneled to anti-choice "crisis pregnancy centers" (CPCs) that mislead and deceive women.
One anti-choice Texas legislator, Rep. Wayne Christian, said it was their goal to wage a war on birth control:

Well of course this is a war on birth control and abortions and everything, that's what family planning is supposed to be about. They're sitting here, referring women out to receive abortions. Those are the clinics, including Planned Parenthood, we were targeting.
Just consider this a special sneak preview of an America under President Perry's control.

Paid for by NARAL Pro-Choice America, NARAL Pro-Choice America, and not authorized by any candidate or candidate's committee.
A Bad Place to Be a Woman-hicks2.jpg 

Old 09-27-2011, 06:18 PM  

Nashville, TN
I don't know these seem to be doing OK

Old 09-28-2011, 08:02 AM  

Oh my, in Texas women are deceived by 4D ultrasound into thinking they are actually killing real babies with "family planning"?

Old 09-28-2011, 10:40 AM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie_T View Post
Oh my, in Texas women are deceived by 4D ultrasound into thinking they are actually killing real babies with "family planning"?
OMG! OMG! OMG! dead babies!!!!!!!!

Let's set up college funds for them so their 15 year old mothers don't have to work 3 jobs into their seventies. You gawd fearing types are huge on SAVE THE BABIES but not one nickel to house, clothe and educate these kids. Perhaps your gawd isn't interested in lives destroyed by poverty and hopelessness but mine is.

Do all embryos have such ugly scrunched up faces Eddie?
A Bad Place to Be a Woman-pho-10may21-226076.jpg 

Old 09-28-2011, 06:44 PM  

Nashville, TN
Man...how did we get from Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders to baby fetus's in just 1 post.
Old 09-28-2011, 10:40 PM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldognewtrick View Post
Man...how did we get from Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders to baby fetus's in just 1 post.
I confess I just did it to get blucher to show his love for babies, it helps people to get to know the real blucher. I don't have statistics but suspect that the democrats may be aborting future votes for their party.
Old 09-29-2011, 03:20 AM  

Nashville, TN
Quote:
I confess I just did it to get blucher to show his love for babies, it helps people to get to know the real blucher. I don't have statistics but suspect that the democrats may be aborting future votes for their party.
Oh..... guess it worked
Old 09-29-2011, 10:10 AM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
Quote:
I don't have statistics but suspect that the democrats may be aborting future votes for their party.
pretty sure they vote more along your lines of thought.
A Bad Place to Be a Woman-952.jpg 

A Bad Place to Be a Woman-2210.jpg 

A Bad Place to Be a Woman-burk-uzzle5.jpg 

A Bad Place to Be a Woman-1287884241343.jpg 

A Bad Place to Be a Woman-01-gun-nut.jpg 

A Bad Place to Be a Woman-1007.jpg 

A Bad Place to Be a Woman-30112_artsm.jpg 

A Bad Place to Be a Woman-anotherbatman.jpg 

A Bad Place to Be a Woman-copy-inbred.jpg 

A Bad Place to Be a Woman-dontcallmefatsm.jpg 

Old 09-29-2011, 10:13 AM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldognewtrick View Post
Oh..... guess it worked
Yes it did, in spades! It don't take much to rile blucher. Imagine if the tables were reversed what the media would so with . . .

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Bookmark this Page!