Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Click Here to Login

Old 10-20-2010, 08:16 AM  
southern conservative

Austin, Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whybu1 View Post
I will give you the Greek reference is a theory.

Married couple do go together; not on the "front lines" but with asemetric warfare anyplace could be the front line. More than once I have been in units with husband and wife combos. Lots of high school buddies join together and certainly do look out for each other; it is encouraged under the "buddy program" of enlistment. There are fathers and sons serving together as well. If my wife was in the foxhole next to me I would certainly be very motivated to keep her alive.

I am at Ft Sam with the Army Medical Dept Center and School.
Sorry, but you can not have a family members serving in the same platoon. And I wouldn't want to serve with any of my family or loved ones.

Old 11-02-2010, 05:06 PM  
Traveler

Knoxville, TN
Quote:
Originally Posted by duanewhatley View Post
Homosexuality is a sin. If a law is in place that bans gays in the military, then we should have law in place to ban all sin in military, such as glutiny, gambling, adultry, lust, etc.... well just totally wipped out the military! I dont agree with homosexuality but I dont see where it is constitutional to ban a group of people that choose this activity to not be allowed in the military.
Man, you are hateful.

Old 11-02-2010, 11:58 PM  
Mod Medic

Loxley, Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOV2 View Post
Man, you are hateful.
Please explain to me why I am hateful? Did I miss something?
Old 11-03-2010, 12:44 AM  
Traveler

Knoxville, TN
Quote:

Seriously?

I'm adding to the outright BS an lies that run rampet on this site.

Got your attention though.
Old 11-03-2010, 12:47 AM  
Traveler

Knoxville, TN
Quote:

I agree with you 100% on the sin portion of your post, but the 'constitutional' reasoning? rethink the destruction that will be caused the consider the intent of those who are imposing thier (gay) will upon others, particularly in the unique structure of the military.
Old 11-03-2010, 08:44 AM  
southern conservative

Austin, Texas
Please no personal attacks. Nothing ever gets done when you get personal. Most people will feel threads in places like this are useless, but I disagree. I think regular people that discuss these issues go to the polls with a different out look. The polls are where we the regular people have our words heard. We talk things out hear, get the opinions and ideas from the other side. Maybe we are missing something. Maybe, just maybe it might open your mind to a different view.

The problem with gays in the military is most of the people that will vote or decide what will happen have never and will never give their life for their country. They don't have the nerves to stand up and take a bullet for their fellow man. Yet they think they should have a right to decide for all the men and women who do. I say we let the people that have served and are serving decide. Now I know that wont happen. But I know that allowing gays to serve openly in the military WILL put them in harms way. It takes a special kind of person to be able to kill another person. I'm not talking about the kid that wants to go to college so they join for 2 or 4 years. I'm talking about the people that join for life. They have been in 4 or 5 wars or conflects, they've killed so many people in battles. These people tend to be very hard core and this will be the person that will feel is crossed.

You might thing these people need to be dealt with, but we need them. Unless we go to a draft, or like other countries make all people server, we need these over the top killers. With out them we would not be Americans, some one would have taken us over a long time ago.
Old 11-03-2010, 02:04 PM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
Now that all the crazy is gone, I'd love to hear some respectful discussions about this now

https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Bookmark this Page!