Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-07-2010, 04:04 PM  
Poison Idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepcache View Post
there is NOTHING in this country that is a privilege. nothing.
How do you figure? Pretty much every "right" not listed in the Constitution is a privilege.

Old 12-07-2010, 04:15 PM  
facepalm

Minot, ND
a privilege granted by who? i have the right to do whatever i want. that doesnt mean i wont have to face the concequences...

Old 12-07-2010, 04:19 PM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
Your parents lost $1k worth of fencing 5 times?! Where do they live? I need to not move there.

https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy
Old 12-08-2010, 07:01 AM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepcache View Post
a privilege granted by who? i have the right to do whatever i want. that doesnt mean i wont have to face the concequences...
The Government. They no longer fear their people, so then they do what they want. Wire taps for instance, a clear violation of our constitutional rights being directly offended, but we have no choice. We don't have the right to not be unlawfully searched, or detained for that matter.

Consequences are a joke. There is a man with prior DUI convictions who killed man running around the streets wasting tax payer money, and it's happening all over the US.

Rights, that have in the past been earned, are now given to us in the name of security.

Awesome...
Old 12-08-2010, 04:22 PM  
facepalm

Minot, ND
its al in how you precieve it. if you LET them Give you rights, they will run with that opportunitiy.
Old 12-08-2010, 08:47 PM  

Austin,

I myself am wiretap certified. It is a long process with heavy tests just to be able to sit in the wire room. Regarding wiretapping private phone lines, it is met with the strictest criteria, many factors, and signed by a judge....
Old 12-09-2010, 07:32 AM  

Stafford, Virginia
Where does it say you have the right to own a car and drive it on PUBLIC ROADS? No where you have to meet the requirments set forth by the government to use the public roads. That means taking a test that shows you can operate a moter vehicle.

Driving is a priviliage cut and dry.
Old 12-09-2010, 09:04 AM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by havasu View Post
Austin,

I myself am wiretap certified. It is a long process with heavy tests just to be able to sit in the wire room. Regarding wiretapping private phone lines, it is met with the strictest criteria, many factors, and signed by a judge....
It used to be, now they don't have to. Thank you Patriot Act 2. You no longer need a Judge. It was deemed to take to long in the war on terrorism.
Old 12-09-2010, 09:17 AM  

That was the National Security information I deleted after the original posting.
Old 12-09-2010, 12:23 PM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
Really? The Marine Corps trained me to do it in about a day and a half - thank you Marine Corps!

https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads