Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Click Here to Login

Old 09-13-2011, 01:05 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
Quote:
BTW: to the old one up in cold Geezer. smoke in the lungs is harmful to your health legal or nonlegal kind.
Not smoking lasted 2 months but I still work at it. I think 2 rare tokes at bedtime weeks or months apart won't harm me much compared to my neighbor's wood smoke.

A hefty weed tax would be such a blessing to this economy but instead we wage a drug war never intended to be won. I can't wait for Romney to put the country on Mormon moral standards.
Drugtest prior to recieving unemployment benefits-cant-mormon.jpg 

Old 09-13-2011, 01:17 PM  

Greenville, SC
Quote:
Originally Posted by blucher View Post
A hefty weed tax would be such a blessing to this economy but instead we wage a drug war never intended to be won.
Now this I would be on board with. (Assuming that employers would cease testing for it)

Now, back to topic!

Old 09-13-2011, 01:20 PM  
ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɯnɹoɟ

VA
Quote:
Originally Posted by YelloJeep View Post
Again, if employers didn't drug test, I would not be for testing unemployment recipients because it wouldn't make sense. If the government is going to be in the business of paying someones way then they should hold the recipients responsible. Under the current system of employers drug testing, it is irresponsible for people to be doing drugs when a drug screening is part of pre employment tests!
But then again is it because 'they have just always done it' logic applies here?

I dont always agree that employers should even drug test unless they are going to test for EVERYTHING. What I do on my time when I am not on the clock is not your business. Of course there are some exceptions here, but I am against most drug testing as a prereq for employment.

Why dont you do a psychological profile on them instead? This would give you MUCH more insight into the person. How about a cholesterol test? I mean, the employer is helping to pay your INSURANCE PREMIUM.

I would think that a person with many health related issues would be a bigger liability to a company than a pothead or weekend alcoholic or coke binger would be any day of the week.
Old 09-13-2011, 01:31 PM  

Greenville, SC
I do agree with most of what has been said concerning drug legalization (mostly pot), and employers shouldn't test etc.. I believe that pot poses much less of a threat than alcohol. BUT, that doesn't address the issue of drug testing unemployment recipients.
Old 09-13-2011, 01:32 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
Quote:
Now this I would be on board with. (Assuming that employers would cease testing for it)
An employer concerned about an impaired (by anything) employee should be allowed to test their employee. I never drank while working and the idea of smoking something that makes me sleepy during or before work is insane considering my workaholic tendencies.

I've never heard of a hangover being tested for but a few of mine at least slowed my performance. Either way what people do away from their job is not an employer's business. On the job is just the opposite.

Your topic is petty, probably racist in intent and consistent with your ongoing concerns about others. Take your own inventory.

All flavors are covered here, even chocolate.

South Leads Nation in Obesity
http://www.barelyhangingon.com/offbe...on-in-obesity/

Quote:
Well if the south is going to rise again they are going to have to get off their asses and get a little excersise in first. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has just concluded the Southern States are again tipping the scales as the fatest people in the United States. They think it might have to do with fact that a lot of southerns enjoy a high fat diet. You think?

Top 10 Obese States

These are the 10 states with the highest levels of adult
obesity, according to a 2007 survey by the Centers for Disease
Control and Prevention.
1. Mississippi, 32.0 percent
2. Alabama, 30.3
3. Tennessee, 30.1
4. Louisiana, 29.8
5. West Virginia, 29.5
6. Arkansas, 28.7
7. South Carolina, 28.4
8. Georgia, 28.2
9. Oklahoma, 28.1
10. Texas, 28.1
Source: Associated Press
http://www.cnn.com/2008/HEALTH/diet.....ap/index.html
Drugtest prior to recieving unemployment benefits-fat_redneck.jpg 

Old 09-13-2011, 01:47 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
Quote:
I do agree with most of what has been said concerning drug legalization (mostly pot), and employers shouldn't test etc.. I believe that pot poses much less of a threat than alcohol. BUT, that doesn't address the issue of drug testing unemployment recipients.
Actually it does because they're testing what you do away from the job rather than during work.
Old 09-13-2011, 01:50 PM  
fustrated genius

Quote:

I've never heard of a hangover being tested for but a few of mine at least slowed my performance. Either way what people do away from their job is not an employer's business. On the job is just the opposite.

I know a person who was tested while hung over and suspended for it. The only thing that saved him was the fact he had abstained from drinking 8 hrs prior to duty. The suspension and probation DID stick but he wasn't terminated. Employers should test and need to.
Old 09-13-2011, 02:04 PM  

Greenville, SC
Quote:
Actually it does because they're testing what you do away from the job rather than during work.
I am talking about pre employment, and random testing. I am not talking about testing due to suspected impairment while on the job.

And I take offense that you think I am consumed with what others are doing. I am concerned with what my taxdollars are doing. As long as someone is sponging off the system, yes I am concerned with what they are doing with taxdollars. If they are completely self sustaining I honestly couldn't care less what they are doing as long as it doesn't effect me.

And again, your obsession with stereotyping the south. Frankly, you are all over the place with that.

Oh, and my topic being "petty"? and possibly racist? What the heck are you talking about!?! If you think the topic is petty then why don't you go on continuing worrying about how much money OTHER people make, or what planes they buy, or boats, cars, whatever and go to another topic thread?
Honestly, I have no idea how you could suspect this is a racist topic....

Old 09-13-2011, 02:22 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
[QUOTE]Oh, and my topic being "petty"? and possibly racist? What the heck are you talking about!?! If you think the topic is petty then why don't you go on continuing worrying about how much money OTHER people make, or what planes they buy, or boats, cars, whatever and go to another topic thread?
Honestly, I have no idea how you could suspect this is a racist topic..../QUOTE]

Racists in SC? What a surprise...........

Gotta love the no smoking sign on the Nazi store.
Drugtest prior to recieving unemployment benefits-white-supremacists-hold-christmas-celebration-laurens-south-carolina.jpg 

Drugtest prior to recieving unemployment benefits-laurens-south-carolina1.jpg 

Drugtest prior to recieving unemployment benefits-white-supremacists-hold-christmas-celebration-rk87mkpkpd3l.jpg 

Drugtest prior to recieving unemployment benefits-white-supremacists-hold-christmas-celebration-cq_hrxfbw2cl.jpg 

Drugtest prior to recieving unemployment benefits-white-supremacists-hold-christmas-celebration-kbg8ywepuu0l.jpg 

Old 09-13-2011, 02:23 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiHood View Post
I know a person who was tested while hung over and suspended for it. The only thing that saved him was the fact he had abstained from drinking 8 hrs prior to duty. The suspension and probation DID stick but he wasn't terminated. Employers should test and need to.
People like cops & pilots are understandably held to a different standard. Boston may not count.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Bookmark this Page!