Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Click Here to Login

Old 11-08-2011, 11:07 AM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
Friends and family call her 'honest'

Friends and family of Herman Cain accuser Sharon Bialek call her 'honest' - NY Daily News

Say she's not out for money, despite hiring celebrity attorney Gloria Allred
BY ALISON GENDAR
NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

Quote:
WASHINGTON ? Sharon Bialek is a straight-shooting single mom, the men in her life say.

?She is very honest. She would not make anything up,? her father, Chester Bialek, 85, told the Daily News.

Bialek, a 50-year-old Chicagoan, only came forward with her tale of being groped by Herman Cain because she felt it was her duty ? not some publicity or political stunt.

?She?s a conservative, just like me. To be honest, this dazzled me. I had no idea she was even in New York,? he said.

?She would not lie.?

Bialek?s fianc?, Mark Harwood, told WBBM radio she has a ?good heart.?

?My heart of heart says the reason she?s come forward is to be the voice of these other ladies [and to\] vindicate herself a little bit,? said Harwood, who has been with Bialek for four years ? and her fianc? for the past year.

Bialek?s celebrity lawyer Gloria Allred, said Bialek has been a full-time homemaker for the pasttwo years, doting on her 13-year-old son.

Bialek met Cain through her former job with the National Restaurant Association?s education foundation, and sought his help in July 1997 after losing her position.

Bialek said all she got for her networking efforts was an unwanted sexual advance, and instead settled into a five-year stint in the marketing department for WGN Radio, followed by three years at CBS Radio.

Before landing at the National Restaurant Association?s education foundation, Bialek hosted a cooking show for nearly a decade, and worked for Revlon as an account manager and in corporate development for the Easter Seals Society.
?You want a job right?? : Herman Cain

Meanwhile, in the back of a crowded room somewhere, Michele Bachmann fruitlessly yells "Anderson!" at the American people.
Sexual Harassment stories - Jezebel
Friends and family call her 'honest'-bialek_copy_768x576.jpg 

Friends and family call her 'honest'-getty_110711_sharonbialek.jpg 

Friends and family call her 'honest'-herman-cain-accuser-sharo-007.jpg 

Friends and family call her 'honest'-image.jpg 

Friends and family call her 'honest'-sharon-bialek-picture_531x292.jpg 

Friends and family call her 'honest'-sl_bialeck_1107.jpg 

Friends and family call her 'honest'-rush-limbaugh-slurps-over-buy-lick-cain-accuser.jpg 

Friends and family call her 'honest'-7wo.jpg 

Old 11-08-2011, 11:42 AM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
Buy-A-Lick

And then there were 5.

Limbaugh: Gloria Allred Clarified Pronunciation Of Cain Accuser's Name: It's "Buy-A-Lick, As In [Slurping Sound] Buy-A-Lick"
November 07, 2011 2:55 pm ET
From the November 7 edition of Premiere Radio Networks' The Rush Limbaugh Show:

Quote:
Want proof that Sharon Bialek put forth a convincing presentation today in a Manhattan press conference? Want proof that her allegation that Herman Cain tried to extract sexual favors in return for assisting Bialek?s job search is going to be hard to puncture? Want proof that efforts to instantly tar Bialek aren?t getting too far?

Well, behold the fact that Rush Limbaugh has taken to mocking Bialek for the pronunciation of her last name. His riff on the subject is obscene in a way that would have delighted my friends in seventh-grade homeroom.
Romney calls Bialek charges 'particularly disturbing'
Romney calls Bialek charges 'particularly disturbing' - Alexander Burns - POLITICO.com

Quote:
Now There Are Five Herman Cain Accusers
It's been less than 24 hours since Sharon Bialek revealed details about her alleged, unwanted, aggressively sexual Herman Cain experience in 1997, and yet we already have someone new to meet. A warm welcome to Donna Donella, Cain accuser No. 5!
Donella, a 40-year-old former U.S. AID worker from Arlington, Virginia, tells the Washington Examiner that, at a seminar back in 2002, Cain asked her to connect him with a "lovely young lady" who had asked a question during his speech. When Donella declined, Cain allegedly responded, "Then you and I can have dinner." Flexibility and the ability to plan for contingencies are qualities essential to success, not only in business, but also in president-ing (and extracurricular dating).

According to the Examiner, Donella's colleagues "suggested a group outing," so that's how the evening unfolded:

She said she didn't witness any "inappropriate sexual behavior" at the group dinner. But she claimed he asked the waiter for two $400 bottles of wine, and then stiffed the rest of the group when it came time to pay.

The most shocking part of Donella's story is that the party had dined at Godfather's. Yeah, you probably didn't know about their high-end wine selection, because they don't advertise it very much. Unfortunately for the group, Cain had stopped being CEO long before the fated meal, so he couldn't put the bill on his tab.

Can't wait to hear what Rush Limbaugh does with "Donella." At least it's slurp-proof.

[Washington Examiner, Politico, image via AP. Nod to commenter TubeTruckr!]

Republished from Gawker — Today's gossip is tomorrow's news

Quote:
Fifth woman raises questions about Cain's behavior

By Susan Ferrechio, Washington Examiner Chief Congressional Correspondent

A former employee of the United States Agency for International Development says Republican presidential candidate Herman Cain asked her to help arrange a dinner date for him with a female audience member following a speech he delivered nine years ago.

Donna Donella, 40, of Arlington, said the USAID paid Cain to deliver a speech to businessmen and women in Egypt in 2002, during which an Egyptian businesswoman in her 30s asked Cain a question.

"And after the seminar was over," Donella told The Washington Examiner, "Cain came over to me and a colleague and said, 'Could you put me in touch with that lovely young lady who asked the question, so I can give her a more thorough answer over dinner?'"

Donella, who no longer works for USAID, said they were suspicious of Cain's motives and declined to set up the date. Cain responded, "Then you and I can have dinner." That's when two female colleagues intervened and suggested they all go to dinner together, Donella said.

Cain exhibited no inappropriate sexual behavior during the dinner, though he did order two $400 bottles of wine and stuck the women with the bill, she said.
Fifth Woman Raises Questions About Cain's Behavior - Herman Cain - Fox Nation

Old 11-08-2011, 02:55 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
Herman Cain Accuser Identified as Karen Kraushaar

Herman Cain Accuser Identified - ABC News

Quote:
By RANDY KREIDER
Nov. 8, 2011
One of the women who received a cash settlement after accusing Herman Cain of sexual harassment has been identified as federal government civil servant Karen Kraushaar, now a spokesperson for the Inspector General at the Internal Revenue Service.

Her attorney, Joel Bennett, said, "I cannot deny that," after her identity was reported by the website "The Daily." Last week, Bennett said his client had reported a "series" of incidents involving Cain when she worked in the communications department of the National Restaurant Association, where Cain served as CEO from 1996 to 1999. Bennett said his client "preferred" not to be identified but did not want to try to "control the media."

On Friday, Bennett said during a press conference that "Mr. Cain knows the specifics" of the harassment complaint that she had filed against him in 1999. "It had very specific incidents in it. If he chooses not to remember or to not acknowledge those, that's his issue." The NRA had waived the confidentiality agreement that barred her from discussing the complaint, but she elected not to go public.

Bennett said he did not want to characterize "what was physical and what was verbal," but that Cain's behavior "qualified as sexual harassment in our opinion."

Politico reported that Kraushaar received a $45,000 payment from the trade group as part of a settlement that also included a promise of confidentiality. Politico did not identify her by name.
Quote:
(Reuters) - Forty percent of Republicans view presidential candidate Herman Cain less favorably after watching a video in which a woman accuses him of groping her in a car, according to Reuters/Ipsos poll results released on Tuesday.

Thirty-nine percent said they believe that the assertions by Sharon Bialek, which Cain has flatly denied, are true.

Bialek said on Monday that Cain made a crude sexual advance toward her in 1997 when he headed the National Restaurant Association.

The findings are from an online survey of 462 Republican registered voters on November 7 and 8. Survey respondents were shown a video of Bialek making her allegations.

Cain, a former pizza company executive, has led many opinion polls in the race to become the Republican nominee to face President Barack Obama, a Democrat, in next year's election.
Latest accusations hurt Cain with Republicans: Reuters/Ipsos | Reuters
Friends and family call her 'honest'-abc_karen_kraushaar_tk_111108_wg.jpg 

Old 11-08-2011, 03:17 PM  
fustrated genius

And she would never never never NEVER tell even a little fib, not even for money . . . .EVER!! Honest!!
Old 11-08-2011, 03:39 PM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiHood
And she would never never never NEVER tell even a little fib, not even for money . . . .EVER!! Honest!!
Hah isn't it awesome how all the crazies come out of the woodwork at just the right time? A losing democrap is a desperate democrap :-)

https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy
Old 11-08-2011, 04:03 PM  
Traveler

the first of the commentators don't think today's effort was successful

James Carvel was blunt--'he wasn't going to be the GOP nominee before this' and a few other remarks.

Donna Breazeale---CNN--was more critical.

i am tired of hearing about 'sex'.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Bookmark this Page!