Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Click Here to Login

Old 11-08-2012, 04:00 PM  

As for shady politics Chicago is the model and that's where Obama and his crowd hailed from. I worked in Chicago when the original Daly was mayor and the police sought "tips". I would hate to be obliged to support Obama's actions for another four years.

However, with about 8 billion dollars spent on campaigns, a year of those awful commercials from both sides and more promises to be broken where are we? Essentially the same situation in Washington as we had. Maybe it's time for a new paradigm for campaigning so at least we don't have the one year in four of suffering. On the plus side both my representative and his opponent had few commercials and were quite gentlemanly.

Old 11-08-2012, 05:47 PM  
AK 47 toting Liberal!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rivalarrival View Post
Rainbow, fellow Obama supporter here. What constitutes "sensible gun control" in your mind?
I don't mind guns, hell I have 3 AK 47s and an AR 15, as well as numerous handguns and a Remington 870 police shotgun. SURPRISE!!!! I'm more concerned with some of the idiots that bear them. I just wanted to piss of the Right wing Taliban fools on this forum. I do however feel that some gun control is in order. What exactly? I'll leave that to the professionals but in essence, my attitude is fu** the NRA.

Old 11-08-2012, 07:03 PM  

Kent, Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbow View Post
I don't mind guns, hell I have 3 AK 47s and an AR 15, as well as numerous handguns and a Remington 870 police shotgun. SURPRISE!!!! I'm more concerned with some of the idiots that bear them. I just wanted to piss of the Right wing Taliban fools on this forum. I do however feel that some gun control is in order. What exactly? I'll leave that to the professionals but in essence, my attitude is fu** the NRA.
Ok, then, is the current system broken? If so, how so?

While I'm generally all for "pissing off the Right wing Taliban fools on this forum", I don't think that they're all that far to the right of "sensible" when it comes to gun control issues.

But I do agree with you on one thing: Fu** the NRA. The idiots in charge of that have been more concerned with feeding the growing extremist right and widening the partisan gap than with protecting and defending the interests of gun owners. They endorsed the only viable candidate in the race who had actually signed an AWB into law. What they should have done is withheld any presidential endorsement, or endorsed Gary Johnson.
Old 11-08-2012, 07:49 PM  

Stafford, Virginia
I will bow out of this because there is way too much methane in the air for me.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Bookmark this Page!