Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Click Here to Login

Old 02-23-2016, 10:41 PM  

Hellbenders

Endangered species were mentioned in another thread as a possible reason the USFS might restrict an area of National Forest. I see it coming as I heard this on my local news tonight and the Hellbender(as kids we called them water dogs) is headed toward that status.
Quote:
ASHEVILLE, N.C. -- Biologists with the National Forest Service are asking folks in Western North Carolina to help save the Hellbender Salamander.
They're the largest salamanders in the United States, and they live in cold mountain streams in this part of North Carolina and Eastern Tennessee.
Now, they're considered a species of special concern, not yet endangered.
Experts at the WNC Nature Center say humans can harm them just by venturing into cold streams and overturning large river rocks.
"Be very, very careful about picking up some rocks that are on the bottom because that could be a habitat," Debi Davidson, Animal Technician at WNC Nature Center, said. "That could be a home for our Hellbenders, and once they're disturbed, it's very hard for them to exist in a place where they don't have a home,"
Hellbenders are important to our area because they're an indicator species, showing the water they live in is some of the healthiest.
I can see it now trout fishing normally requiring wading will be prohibited as the fishermen might accidentally move a rock.

Old 02-24-2016, 10:58 PM  
Traveler

Well, you could just fish the hell out of everything until it's gone. We've done it with a lot of other species. I like it how some folks think it's all about them.

Old 02-24-2016, 11:01 PM  
Traveler

Well, you could just use dynamite and blow the creek up, and kill all the fish while you were at it! The white man was pretty good at that sort of thing early on in our countries history. Hell, they're pretty good at it still apparently. I really get a kick out of some people how they think they know more than an actual scientist or ecologist. What is about people with degrees in things that others only have an opinion, and most likely it's ignorant as well.
Old 02-25-2016, 09:31 AM  

Degrees merely mean one has passed a curriculum brainwashing them to have a certain viewpoint and world view. The government has spent a lot of our dollars trying to maintain a balance of nature when nature has never been balanced.
Old 02-25-2016, 11:35 PM  
Traveler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie_T View Post
Degrees merely mean one has passed a curriculum brainwashing them to have a certain viewpoint and world view. The government has spent a lot of our dollars trying to maintain a balance of nature when nature has never been balanced.
Well.......... Ignorance is a brainwashing and a certain viewpoint.......... and there is that quote about there being no cure for stupid, but I prefer "Don't believe everything you think" because it fits! It's your thread to languish in Eddie. I'm going to go out and reorganize my drill bit index.
Hellbenders-tumblr_lij6gqfrgo1qbtpl5o1_500__full.jpg 

Old 02-26-2016, 09:10 AM  

Good post, it fits you well!
Old 02-26-2016, 11:17 AM  
Traveler

And it went right on by ya.

ZING!

Now I see how fox news exists.
Old 02-26-2016, 05:17 PM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicinabottle View Post
And it went right on by ya.

ZING!

Now I see how fox news exists.
Isn't FOX cable news? I don't do cable news, I don't do cable. Does the government provide you with cable?
Old 02-26-2016, 05:57 PM  
Traveler

Yes! How'd you know? Obama actually arranged for a single subscription cable to be run 14 miles out to my house and I'm the only person on that cable. Reserved for me since I'm on welfare, food stamps and every other "free" government program out there including a voucher for my free cable on the taxpayers. That's you! I actually work for a living Eddie. Remember? Alzheimers....... Geez.
Old 02-26-2016, 07:19 PM  

I'm not lazy, I just prefer not to work.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Bookmark this Page!