Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Click Here to Login

Old 07-04-2011, 08:06 PM  

Stafford, Virginia
Seat belt laws and helmet laws have only made this country worse.

It is by idiots not wearing them and wreaking cars and bike both that help keep the gene pool a tad bit cleaner.

Old 07-05-2011, 07:57 AM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmurdoc34 View Post
Seat belt laws and helmet laws have only made this country worse.

It is by idiots not wearing them and wreaking cars and bike both that help keep the gene pool a tad bit cleaner.
A strange nation we have, one that legalizes slaughter of the unborn while protecting motorcyclists. I guess one has to follow the money trail.

Old 07-05-2011, 11:01 AM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
Quote:
While certainly great for the gene pool modern medicine has already thrown us a curve. They're keeping folks who were turnips at birth alive into old age. You wouldn't believe the costs associated with turnip geriatrics.
Helmet laws for motorcycle riders-victorian-scrap-turnip-man.jpg 

Old 07-06-2011, 07:17 AM  
Dimensional Flux

Groinsboro, Tarheel
Quote:
YellowJeep: 3. I ride ATV's in the woods and do not wear a helmet.
Of all places TO WEAR A HELMET, you choose to not.
Are Trees and Rocks soft??
Quote:
HiHood: I used to think seat belts were restrictive too. Until I started wearing them. I had an incident were I was convinced before seat belt laws went into effect that they do more good than harm. Now I feel uncomfortable without one and will even retrofit my Willys with them too.
I've read about and heard from MANY PEOPLE that have retrofitted their 60s and earlier vehicles with seatbelts where some People have installed 5 point belts and some people have added Rollbars.

Some vehicles were not designed with seatbelts until the 60s and those owners have the choice whether to install them since by design of vehicle, no owner is forced to acquiesce/be subjugated to/by any seatbelt law.

I believe for those that Ride Motorcycles, it is THEIR CHOICE to or not wear Helmets.

It is truly stupid to require seatbelt use in cars but have arbitrary laws regarding Helmet use on Motorcycles.
It's either FOR ALL or FOR NONE.

--I STEADFASTLY REFUSE to wear helmets and padding when riding Bicycles, Skateboards, Roller Skates, Ice Skates--We didn't have that crap until the 80s and WE survived--
Old 07-06-2011, 08:13 AM  

Greenville, SC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blank_doubt View Post
Of all places TO WEAR A HELMET, you choose to not.
Are Trees and Rocks soft??.......

It is truly stupid to require seatbelt use in cars but have arbitrary laws regarding Helmet use on Motorcycles.
It's either FOR ALL or FOR NONE.

--I STEADFASTLY REFUSE to wear helmets and padding when riding Bicycles, Skateboards, Roller Skates, Ice Skates--We didn't have that crap until the 80s and WE survived--
I know, that is why I made it a "disclosure" statement. I wasn't trying to tell anyone they should or shouldn't do anything. I was merely pointing out how stupid I think it is that there are requirements for one and not the other in some places (which you seem to agree in the second statement above).
Perhaps I should. However, (here is the excuse.) Most of the riding I do involves slower speeds through mud or hill climbing. With this type of riding, my biggest concern is a broken arm or leg from the thing rolling over on top of me or something. I know, it would be bad for it to roll over onto my head, but I guess I take it as a risk. I did buy a helmet, and used it once. The thing was so HOT on my head and the chin strap was terribly uncomfortable. As far as seatbelts, I always wear them because I don't trust the other guys on the road.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Bookmark this Page!