Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-13-2012, 05:55 PM  
Administrator

Missouri
Gas consumption in the US is down about 10%. But Chinese consumption is skyrocketing.

Old 03-13-2012, 06:54 PM  

Houston, Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepgurl775
I don't think it's simply a seller's market, the bigger picture, is well...bigger.
I agree completely. It is more complicated than it appears. My point is create options for yourself. There have been those who have stated that people should take responsibility for their actions. I agree. This is one place to take responsibility. If you don't like what you pay for gas don't buy it. Create options. If you pay for it don't complain. You made the choice.

Old 03-14-2012, 01:11 AM  

Reno, Nevada
The other day, I squeezed 6 limes rather than use the lime juice in a bottle. The lime juice would have been easier, but I chose to do the squeezein myself.

Personal accountability is almost extinct.
Old 03-15-2012, 07:07 PM  

Bristol, Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideways View Post
I agree completely. It is more complicated than it appears. My point is create options for yourself. There have been those who have stated that people should take responsibility for their actions. I agree. This is one place to take responsibility. If you don't like what you pay for gas don't buy it. Create options. If you pay for it don't complain. You made the choice.
yep, find it absurd when people that really don't need a truck have a huge pickup truck and then complain about gas prices...... makes no sense to me, I drive a fuel efficient but cheap vehicle and gas prices are an annoyance but hardly break the bank and I drive a good number of miles, but getting 36+ mpg helps a lot.
Old 03-16-2012, 07:49 AM  
Administrator

Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJeepXJ View Post
yep, find it absurd when people that really don't need a truck have a huge pickup truck and then complain about gas prices...... makes no sense to me, I drive a fuel efficient but cheap vehicle and gas prices are an annoyance but hardly break the bank and I drive a good number of miles, but getting 36+ mpg helps a lot.
I see that here. I live in a mainly rural area but most of the 4x4 gas hogs, never leave the city limits.
Old 03-16-2012, 08:04 AM  

Houston, Texas
I can see that there is situations where a larger vehicle is a necessity such as an independent contractor that needs a large PU to move heavy equipment. But, what is the purpose of an Escalade? Some claim is protection from accidents. With what? Another Escalade? Or that Toyota Yaris next to you that you can't see? Who's at risk?
Old 03-16-2012, 11:12 AM  
Administrator

Missouri
I have a large gas hog for work, it's necessary, but drive a car that gets 33 mpg as a daily driver.
Old 03-24-2012, 02:51 PM  
Administrator

Missouri
Increased drilling for oil in America does not necessarily mean lower prices of fuel at the pumps. An analysis of 36 years of gasoline prices and U.S. domestic oil production shows no statistical correlation between the amount of oil produced and the pump price. U.S. oil production is up 15% since February, 2009 and fuel prices since then rose from $2.07-a-gallon to $3.58. The nation's producing oil at the same level it did nine years ago when fuel prices were just $2.10-a-gallon. The analysis used Federal Energy Department numbers for regular unleaded gas prices adjusted for inflation to 2012 dollars, oil production and oil demand
Old 03-25-2012, 09:21 AM  

Houston, Texas
We know where the real problem is.
High gas price hypocrites-cg4f561732c79ed_custom.jpeg 

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.