Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Click Here to Login

Old 08-10-2011, 03:33 PM  
Traveler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britney View Post
not you.

He is NOT my President.

i have a sticker on my truck that reads as follows:

I get a LOT of flack for it. I dont give people crap for having jesus stickers on their cars...

Bush... oh Bush. I don't even know where to start with that bumbling idiot.
Well I have no reason to believe Bush was in on it. I'd sure hope not. For what all it's worth, I never liked Bushes hitler tactics, his stupidity or his GD religious pushovers, but when he was in, I never made a negative comment on a forum one. Only when, within minutes of Obama winning the election and the confetti was still hovering above the floor, that the fanatic lunitics were blamming him for everything wrong with the planet including their failed marriages, blaitent homosexuality, drinking problems and hemoroids, and were screaming pissed at Obama, that I started making striking contrasts..

Old 08-11-2011, 07:10 AM  
Supporting Member

Aylett (Richmond Area), VA
Pledge of allegiance by Military.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by rivalarrival View Post
In his role as commander in chief of the US military, it would be completely inappropriate and technically against US law for him to lead American troops in the pledge of allegiance. Per US law (which I cited earlier), members of the US military are prohibited from reciting the pledge while in uniform. Personally, I consider myself bound by that oath at all times, and I too, refuse to recite the pledge of allegiance, even after having left the service.

It is NOT disrespectful to refuse to recite a pledge of allegiance to the flag and the republic, especially when one has already sworn an oath to support and defend the constitution. The two are NOT identical, and they are not completely compatible.
http://www.armystudyguide.com/content/army_board_study_guide_topics/customs_and_courtesies/pledge-of-allegiance-to-t.shtml

Quote:
Pledge of Allegiance to the flag

Guidance from AR 600-25, Salutes, Honors and Visits of Courtesy

Posted : Monday, January 02, 2006

Soldiers may recite the Pledge of Allegiance as noted below in accordance

with Section 4, Title 4, United States Code (4 USC 4):

1.During military ceremonies, soldiers will not recite the Pledge of Allegiance.
2.At official functions, social events, and sporting events, soldiers should:

1.When in uniform, outdoors, stand at attention, remain silent, face the flag, and render the hand salute.
2.When in uniform, indoors, stand at attention, remain silent, and face the flag.
3.When in civilian attire, stand at attention, face the flag with the right hand over the heart and recite the Pledge of Allegiance.
Headgear should be removed with the right hand and held over the left shoulder, the hand being over the heart.

The Pledge of Allegiance:

I pledge allegiance

to the flag

of the United States of America

and to the Republic

for which it stands,

one nation,

under God,

indivisible,

with liberty

and justice for all.

Old 08-11-2011, 07:14 AM  
Supporting Member

http://www.armystudyguide.com/content/army_board_study_guide_topics/customs_and_courtesies/bugler-playing-taps-in-mp3.shtml

Bugler playing Taps in MP3 format

Taps download, Taps lyrics and the History of Taps

Posted : Friday, January 06, 2006

This is a high quality sound clip of a bugler playing taps in MP3 format. Click here to download

http://www.armystudyguide.com/downloads/Taps.mp3

Taps Lyrics:
Day is done,
gone the sun,
from the lakes
from the hills
from the sky,
all is well,
safely, rest,
God is near.

Fading light,
Dims the sight,
And a star gems the sky
Gleaming bright,
From afar,
Drawing, near,
Falls the night.

Thanks and praise,
For our days,
Neath the sun
Neath the stars
Neath the sky,
As we go,
This, we, know,
God is near.

History of Taps:
The 24-note bugle call known as "taps" is thought to be a revision of a French bugle signal, called "tattoo," that notified soldiers to cease an evening's drinking and return to their barracks or garrisons. It was sounded one hour before the bugle call that brought the military day to an end by ordering the extinguishing of fires and lights. The last five measures of the tattoo resemble the modern day "Taps."

The word "taps" is an alteration of the obsolete word "taptoo," derived from the Dutch "taptoe." Taptoe was the command -- "Tap toe!" -- to shut ("toe to") the "tap" of a keg.

The revision that gave us present-day taps was made during America 's Civil War by Union Gen. Daniel Adams Butterfield, heading a brigade camped at Harrison Landing, Va., near Richmond. Up to that time, the U.S. Army's infantry call to end the day was the French final call, "L'Extinction des feux." Gen. Butterfield decided the "lights out" music was too formal to signal the day's end. One day in July 1862, he recalled the tattoo music and hummed a version of it to an aide, who wrote it down in music. Butterfield then asked the brigade bugler, Oliver W. Norton, to play the notes and, after listening, lengthened and shortened them while keeping his original melody.

He ordered Norton to play this new call at the end of each day thereafter, instead of the regulation call. The music was heard and appreciated by other brigades, who asked for copies and adopted this bugle call. It was even adopted by Confederate buglers. This music was made the official Army bugle call after the war, but not given the name "taps" until 1874.

The first time taps was played at a military funeral may also have been in Virginia soon after Butterfield composed it. Union Capt. John Tidball, head of an artillery battery, ordered it played for the burial of a cannoneer killed in action. Not wanting to reveal the battery's position in the woods to the enemy nearby, Tidball substituted taps for the traditional three rifle volleys fired over the grave. Taps was played at the funeral of Confederate Gen. Stonewall Jackson 10 months after it was composed. Army infantry regulations by 1891 required taps to be played at military funeral ceremonies. Taps now is played by the military at burial and memorial services and is still used to signal "lights out" at day's end.
Old 08-11-2011, 10:05 AM  

Kent, Ohio
Quote:
Soldiers may recite the Pledge of Allegiance as noted below in accordance

with Section 4, Title 4, United States Code (4 USC 4):

1.During military ceremonies, soldiers will not recite the Pledge of Allegiance.
2.At official functions, social events, and sporting events, soldiers should:

1.When in uniform, outdoors, stand at attention, remain silent, face the flag, and render the hand salute.
2.When in uniform, indoors, stand at attention, remain silent, and face the flag.
3.When in civilian attire, stand at attention, face the flag with the right hand over the heart and recite the Pledge of Allegiance.
Headgear should be removed with the right hand and held over the left shoulder, the hand being over the heart.
I cited that section, as well as the Army, Air Force, Navy, and Marine regulations that incorporate that section.
Quote:
Doesn't bother me in the slightest.

My true faith and allegiance is to the support and defense of the Constitution. The president swore an oath to support and defend the constitution. The constitution creates the republic. Congress, the Presidency, and the Courts are all parts of that republic.

My allegiance is not necessarily to the republic. Congress and the Office of the Presidency can, and have, created and enacted laws that violate the constitution. I feel that a pledge of allegiance to the flag and the republic has the potential to conflict with my oath to support and defend the constitution.

I believe it is for this reason that Military personnel are not permitted to recite the pledge while in uniform. (4 U.S.C. ? 4, AR 600-25, AFI 34-1201, NTP 13(B), MCO P10520.3B)

Frankly, I find the entire idea of a pledge of allegiance rather disturbing, especially one that is codified in law. A pledge has no meaning where it is compulsory. Granted, the law does not actually proscribe conduct, and no penalty or punishment is specified in the flag code. Instead, this code is considered "declaratory and advisory".

I positively despise the Jehovah's Witnesses for their position that death is preferable to blood transfusion. But, their stance on the pledge is in line with my own. A pledge should be taken freely, without reservation. It is more respectful for a person to refrain from making such a pledge than to ritualistically recite a string of words without contemplating their meaning.
Old 08-11-2011, 10:18 AM  
What page are you on?

in a van... down by the river, Texas
Are we discussing feelings? no. It is clear that you do not care who pledges allegiance if at all.
Old 08-11-2011, 10:51 AM  

Kent, Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Britney View Post
Are we discussing feelings? no.
Umm... The title of this thread is "How Does This Make you Feel?". Soo... I have to say that you're wrong.
Quote:
It is clear that you do not care who pledges allegiance if at all.
I care more about the purpose of a pledge. I have very little respect for the patriotism of someone who habitually recites a string of words. I have very little respect for the patriotism of someone who is impressed by the habitual recitation of a string of words.

Teaching a child to recite these words when he lacks the ability to even fully understand them is closer to brainwashing than it is to patriotism.

My allegiance is to the Constitution. My pledge is to support and defend the Constitution from all enemies, foreign and domestic.
Old 08-11-2011, 11:00 AM  
What page are you on?

in a van... down by the river, Texas
Quote:
Umm... The title of this thread is "How Does This Make you Feel?". Soo... I have to say that you're wrong.

I care more about the purpose of a pledge. I have very little respect for the patriotism of someone who habitually recites a string of words. I have very little respect for the patriotism of someone who is impressed by the habitual recitation of a string of words.

Teaching a child to recite these words when he lacks the ability to even fully understand them is closer to brainwashing than it is to patriotism.

My allegiance is to the Constitution. My pledge is to support and defend the Constitution from all enemies, foreign and domestic.
I meant YOU are not talking feelings. You're talking semantics. It is clear that you do not give a hoot.
Old 08-31-2011, 07:49 AM  
Supporting Member

From an e-mail being circulated.............

Quote:
The problem with public housing is that the residents are not the owners.
The people that live in the house did not earn the house, but were loaned
the property from the true owners, the taxpayers.
Because of this, the residents do not have the "pride of ownership" that
comes with the hard work necessary. In fact, the opposite happens and
the residents resent their benefactors because the very house is a
constant reminder that they themselves did not earn the right to live in
the house. They do not appreciate the value of the property and see
no need to maintain or respect it in any way. The result is the same
whether you are talking about a studio apartment or a magnificent
mansion full of priceless antiques. If the people who live there do not
feel they earned the privilege, they will make this known through their actions.
The picture below illustrates the point:

The Resolute Desk was built from the timbers of the HMS Resolute and
was a gift from Queen Victoria to President Rutherford B. Hayes.
It is considered a national treasure and icon of the presidency.

Mr. Obama, you are not in a hut in Kenya, or public housing in Chicago.
With all due respect, get your f***ing feet off our desk!

-- God Bless the U.S.A.
How Does This Make you Feel?-image_jpeg.jpg 

How Does This Make you Feel?-image-_jpeg.jpg 

Old 09-01-2011, 08:47 AM  
Supporting Member

From another e-mail............

Quote:

You don’t have to agree with everything that you read, but you really do need to read everything!!

If you think, this won't affect me, I'll just sit here on my duff like the Americans have been doing for
the past 50 years, it'll be OK. You are sadly mistaken.
These people DO NOT play by the rules, they are blood thirsty villains!

This is from a person in Fresno , CA . This is happening all over the US .
THIS IS SOMETHING EVERYONE NEEDS TO KNOW!!!

We now live about 30 miles from Fresno . We are up in the Sierras and Fresno is the first big town we
encounter when we leave the mountains. We shop there often. I received this from my ex-homicide partner
who is still active in law enforcement circles in the Fresno area.

Excuse the language, but don't excuse the facts. Don 't give up your guns, and buy necessary ammunition
if you can find it. Be cautious and alert. Be ready if, God forbid, we need to protect our families and loved ones.

If you weren't at Rotary meeting on Friday, you missed the only decent speaker we've had in more than a year.
LTC John Cotter is the 144th Fighter Wing's anti terrorism officer. John had a two-part presentation.
First part was describing his job as the units anti terrorism officer. Pretty standard stuff.

The second part was information that will curl your hair. A Part-time air guardsman works as a checker at local Von's.
Two women in full burkas buy every pre-paid cell phone in the store. Clerk/airman gets to thinking about it.
Goes to Cotter and reports incident. Cotter asks store for surveillance video.
It's scary enough that he contacts Fresno FBI.

FBI investigates and determines these women have been doing this all over the Valley. Cell phones shipped through
Canada to Iraq/Afghanistan where they become triggers for roadside bombs.

The Shell station at Peach and Shaw. Every time a local GI goes there in fatigues they are asked specific questions.
What is your unit? When are you deploying? How many aircraft are you taking?

The F-16s out of Fresno fly CAP for west coast. As such they are the first line of defense so they have the US ’s
most sophisticated air-to-air missiles.
Foreign governments would like to get their hands on those missiles or at least learn how to build them.
Also how many we have, etc? Two spy groups are working on it, one based at Fashion Fair Mall (the F-16s take-off pattern)
and one based at Sierra Vista Mall (the F-16s landing pattern).

Cotter said the rag heads (But we don't profile) are always probing the base. Two dorks in a pickup show up at the front gate wanting to deliver a package marked Air National Guard, Fresno . No postage, no UPS, no FedEx, no DHL, no nothing. Just a probe.

I asked Cotter why we haven't seen anything about this in The Bee, on KMJ, on local TV news. He said they're not interested. Since Friday I've learned of two other things. My brother-in-law, Frank, (management at Avaya) had a Muslim tech who took a leave-of-absence for 6 weeks in Afghanistan . After the 6 weeks were up he called from New York requesting an extension. Frank (who does profile) said, you're fired, and called the Fresno FBI who were very interested. Don 't know the outcome.

A Muslim who owns a liquor store in my former hometown of Kingsburg was constantly bugging customers to buy guns for him. Finally one of the guys I grew up with called the FBI.

We are a country at war and the enemy is among us. I don't care what Janet Napolitano says, it's a fight to the death and we should be prepared as possible. Brother-in-law Frank has a theory and I think it may be closer to the truth than Homeland Security wants to admit. See note below in red There are a certain number (probably a large number) of Muslims among us who are awaiting the trigger date and will begin randomly killing as many of us as they can, sort of a Fort Hood on steroids. I know I'm getting prepared to shoot back.

Two items of interest: Sheriff Margaret Mims wants to grant concealed carry permits to all who are qualified. Columnist Jim Boren, among the most bleeding of the bleeding heart liberals, says it's time for Fresno residents to arm themselves. LOAD up, you can bet this is happening in places other than Fresno ....
David Rayburn
I was asked to send this to everyone in my address book. Some of those I'm sending it to WILL NOT forward it! To those I say,
Get your head out of the sand and look around with an open mind or before you know it we will no longer be living in the land
of the free and the brave!"
We are under attack from a hidden enemy that is everywhere. They are a cancer that WILL attack us and KILL as many as they can to further the Islamic doctrine of Sharia law. They behead, cut off limbs, stone people to death and worse. Beware, there IS a holy war coming. The signs are everywhere if you care to look and listen.

What do we expect from Homeland Security not wanting to admit anything since they are being run by devout Muslims in charge of Homeland Security Posts?

Well, boys and girls, today the fox is guarding the hen house. The wolves will be herding the sheep!

Obama appointed two devout Muslims to homeland security posts.

Obama and Janet Napolitano appointed Arif Alikhan, a devout Muslim, as Assistant Secretary for Policy Development. DHS Secretary Janet Napolitano swore-in Kareem Shora, a devout Muslim, who was born in Damascus, Syria, as ADC National Executive Director as a member of the Homeland Security Advisory Council (HSAC).

NOTE: Has anyone ever heard a new government official being identified as a 'devout Catholic," a "devout Jew" or a "devout Protestant"...?
Just wondering.?

Devout Muslims being appointed to critical Homeland Security positions? Doesn't this make you feel safer already?? That should make our home land much safer, huh!?

Wasn't it "devout Muslim men" who flew planes into U.S. buildings 9 1/2 years ago? Wasn't it a "devout Muslim man" who killed 13 at Fort Hood ?

Please forward this important information to any who gives a hoot about the future of our Country.
AS THEY SAID IN WWII “LOOSE LIPS SINK SHIPS
Old 09-02-2011, 07:04 AM  
Supporting Member

ABC News Discourages the Wearing of American Flag Pins by Reporters-True!

ABC on-air policy about wearing American flags-Truth!

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Bookmark this Page!