Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-29-2010, 03:44 PM  
JCJ
RENT-a-MOD

Webster, New York
Hey Brian, I think your sarcasm meter need a little adjustment..

I have no beef with Christianity and I am a right wing capitalist extremist, all the way..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
Don't mistake the Christian religion for the freakin' lousy behavior of the Church over the centuries.

Also, you might consider cutting Christianity a little slack...it HAS reconciled itself with other religions in the last couple hundred years, after all.

Islam has yet to do that.

And if you think shari'a sounds good, you probably haven't read the koran too closely. Or do you think capitalism is an abomination, too?

Old 09-29-2010, 03:50 PM  

Rochester, New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCJ View Post
Hey Brian, I think your sarcasm meter need a little adjustment..

I have no beef with Christianity and I am a right wing capitalist extremist, all the way..
Alright, I cordially invite you to kick me in the arse sometime to knock some sense into me...had a bad day at work. Sorry, bud.

My comments should have been directed at others.

Old 09-29-2010, 03:51 PM  
JCJ
RENT-a-MOD

Webster, New York
No worries man,,
Old 10-02-2010, 05:36 PM  
Tea Party Liberal

Mesa, Az
The cold reality these days is that extremist Islam is indeed a threat-----------Osama bin Laden being Exhibit A.

As for Sharia law being imposed here in the USA; not likely since hostility is growing against Islam overall. Too; more and more moderate Muslims are starting to speak out against Sharia since they would be at risk as well from the Islamist pigs.
Old 10-29-2010, 10:01 PM  

Parrottsville, Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funetical View Post
We are not founded on Christian principles, we are founded on common sense principles, that Christianity has preached.

The majority of the founding fathers were not Christian, the best example being the man who wrote the Constitution, Thomas Jefferson.

Jefferson Bible - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Only fools go to Wiki.....

History has been rewritten for you to be spoon fed, here try this one-

http://www.revolutionary-war-and-bey...-quotes-1.html

George Washinton
Most Glorious God, in Jesus Christ, my merciful and loving Father; I acknowledge and confess my guilt in the weak and imperfect performance of the duties of this day. I have called on Thee for pardon and forgiveness of my sins, but so coldly and carelessly that my prayers are become my sin, and they stand in need of pardon. I have sinned against heaven and before Thee in thought, word, and deed. I have contemned Thy majesty and holy laws. I have likewise sinned by omitting what I ought to have done and committing what I ought not. I have rebelled against the light, despising Thy mercies and judgment, and broken my vows and promise. I have neglected the better things. My iniquities are multiplied and my sins are very great. I confess them, O Lord, with shame and sorrow, detestation and loathing and desire to be vile in my own eyes as I have rendered myself vile in Thine. I humbly beseech Thee to be merciful to me in the free pardon of my sins for the sake of Thy dear Son and only Savior Jesus Christ who came to call not the righteous, but sinners to repentance. Thou gavest Thy Son to die for me. Make me to know what is acceptable in Thy sight, and therein to delight, open the eyes of my understanding, and help me thoroughly to examine myself concerning my knowledge, faith, and repentance, increase my faith, and direct me to the true object, Jesus Christ the Way, the Truth, and the Life." - Authentic handwritten manuscript book, April 23, 1752

Scott
Old 10-29-2010, 10:07 PM  

Parrottsville, Tennessee
Quote:
Saying they were Christian at that time is like saying the breathed.

The fundamentals of Christianity are the basics for living your life in accordance with others, no special tribute should be given to them. Your quotes represent three people, one of which was as generalized as possible. They could have wrote God into everything, the didn't.

Why is that?

You need a whole lot of educatin....

The fact is you have been lied to for most if not all of your life, take a little time to get that straigtened out. It must really suck to find out that what you think you know....you don't.

Scott
Old 10-30-2010, 04:34 AM  

Rochester, New York
While re-acquainting myself with this, I just noticed:

Quote:
We are not founded on Christian principles, we are founded on common sense principles, that Christianity has preached.

The majority of the founding fathers were not Christian, the best example being the man who wrote the Constitution, Thomas Jefferson.
You might want to check your history. Jefferson was in Paris when the Constitution was written; he did not attend the Constitutional Convention. James Madison is credited as being the Constitution's primary author.
Old 11-01-2010, 09:48 AM  

Austin
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsmurphy View Post
You need a whole lot of educatin....

The fact is you have been lied to for most if not all of your life, take a little time to get that straigtened out. It must really suck to find out that what you think you know....you don't.

Scott
Oh you got me straitened out, good call.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
While re-acquainting myself with this, I just noticed:

You might want to check your history. Jefferson was in Paris when the Constitution was written; he did not attend the Constitutional Convention. James Madison is credited as being the Constitution's primary author.
Yeah I caught that, I meant the Declaration... mistakes were made.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.