Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-26-2010, 10:58 PM  
Carolina Jeep Girl

Charlotte, North Carolina
If your daughter is smoking she is having sex.

Ok, so I have recently been reading Neal Boortz's, "Somebody's Gotta Say It". (Yes I know he a pretty extreme libertarian. Mind you I don't agree with everything he says, but I do find some of his stuff worth thinking about.) I was reading his chapter on smoking and sex and I found it interesting.

From his book explaining why:

Quote:
The sociologists would have an easy time explaining this one: Any girl who shows a willingness, or even eagerness, to engage in one type of risky behavior is all the more likely to broaden her horizons into other risky behaviors--like sex
I kind of agree with that.

Quote:
But no male in high school needs a sociologist to explain it. He already knows
Girls who smoke are a sure thing
Now I don't smoke, and I haven't given it up (yet lol), but I am just one person.

Now for y'all at CP. What do you think? Agree or disagree? If male, did you think that way about girls who smoke? Did it turn out to be true? What do you think girls?

Old 12-27-2010, 12:12 AM  
Commodore

San Marcos, Texas
I would agree with that when it comes to teenagers. Becomes irrelevant pretty fast though, I would even say later in High School.

Old 12-27-2010, 03:02 PM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
If she smokes she pokes is the only good advice my father ever gave me.

I would say there's correlation.

I was allowed to smoke in my youth, it had no taboo. Does that mean I was more apt to engage in risky behavior? I quit smoking 3 years ago, I still do stupid risky things for no real reason.

I think it has to do less with endangerment, and more with denying authority, which, I think you ladies are taught different, I know my sister was taught different.

I was taught to be safe, she was taught to not have sex.

I have a Daughter, if she starts smoking, I'ma end her. I didn't quit when she was born just to end up with her smoking.

As for the sex... I have a few years to get my game plan down, but I think it should be fine, I have no real worries about it.

I kind of went on there.
Old 12-28-2010, 11:33 PM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin View Post
As for the sex... I have a few years to get my game plan down, but I think it should be fine, I have no real worries about it.
Good luck with that! Girls at 15-16 morph into one of those neck twisting, green vomit types. It's the early years where you try to instill good behavior because when they hit "those" years, there is no talking, just alot of praying!
Old 12-29-2010, 08:26 AM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by havasu View Post
Good luck with that! Girls at 15-16 morph into one of those neck twisting, green vomit types. It's the early years where you try to instill good behavior because when they hit "those" years, there is no talking, just alot of praying!
I have a sister 7 years younger than me, I have had to witness it. It's terrible, no doubt about it, but I think if I don't convey a sense of fear or dread, she might be more open to learning from me, don't know though, first time around. I don't think you know your kids till they are raised.

Don't know we will see.

How old was your Daughter when she started dating?
Old 12-29-2010, 08:37 AM  

Both were about 16, but both didn't get serious until 18....at least this is what I want to believe.
Old 12-29-2010, 08:48 AM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
Quote:
Both were about 16, but both didn't get serious until 18....at least this is what I want to believe.
I want my Daughter dating before she's alone with a boy in a car.

That's when I think I'll get worried.
Old 12-29-2010, 08:53 AM  

It will happen. Think about your past or my past. I could do it while passing in a hallway next to her parents, on the way to the store, in the backyard, etc. Trust and hope, along with safe sex lectures, is your only saving grace!
Old 12-29-2010, 10:36 AM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
Quote:
It will happen. Think about your past or my past. I could do it while passing in a hallway next to her parents, on the way to the store, in the backyard, etc. Trust and hope, along with safe sex lectures, is your only saving grace!
I forgot about the backyard. Good call.

I'm going to, I'm sure it will work out, it did for everyone else right?
Old 12-31-2010, 02:52 PM  
just a little lower..

Titusville, Pennsylvania
Oh, Jesus, Mary and Joseph....

You can/will drive yourself looney trying to figure out kids....

Set a great example, cross your fingers, pray or what ever else soothes your nerves....then toss the dice.

My daughter has given me the least amount of grief....thankfully!

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.