Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-11-2015, 09:39 PM  

JOE vs. JOSE

You have two families: "Joe Legal"and "Jose Illegal". Both families have two parents, two children, and live in California ..

Joe Legal works in construction, has a Social Security Number and makes $25.00 per hour with taxes deducted.

Jose Illegal also works in construction, has NO Social Security Number, and gets paid $15.00 cash "under the table".

Ready? Now pay attention....

Joe Legal: $25.00 per hour x 40 hours = $1000.00 per week, or $52,000.00 per year. Now take 30% away for state and federal tax;Joe Legal now has $31,231.00.

Jose Illegal: $15.00 per hour x 40 hours = $600.00 per week, or $31,200.0 0 per year. Jose Illegalpays no taxes. Jose Illegal now has $31,200.00.

Joe Legal pays medical and dental insurance with limited coverage for his family at $600.00 per month, or $7,200.00 per year. Joe Legal now has $24,031.00.

Jose Illegal has full medical and dental coverage through the state and local clinics and emergency hospitals at a cost of $0.00 per year. Jose Illegal still has $31,200.00.

Joe Legal makes too much money and is not eligible for food stamps or welfare. Joe Legal pays $500.00 per month for food, or $6,000.00 per year. Joe Legal now has $18,031.00.

Jose Illegal has no documented income and is eligible for food stamps, WIC and welfare. Jose Illegal still has $31,200.00.

Joe Legal pays rent of $1,200.00 per month, or $14,400.00 per year.Joe Legal now has 9,631 ..00.

Jose Illegal receives a $500.00 per month Federal Rent Subsidy. Jose Illegal pays out that $500.00 per month, or $6,000.00 per year. Jose Illegal still has $ 31,200.00.

Joe Legal pays $200.00 per month, or $2,400.00 for car insurance. Some of that is uninsured motorist insurance. Joe Legal now has $7,231.00.

Jose Illegal says, "We don't need no stinkin' insurance!" and still has $31,200.00.

Joe Legal has to make his $7,231.00 stretch to pay utilities, gasoline, etc..

Jose Illegal has to make his $31,200.00 stretch to pay utilities, gasoline, and what he sends out of the country every month..

Joe Legal now works overtime on Saturdays or gets a part time job after work.

Jose Illegal has nights and weekends off to enjoy with his family.

Joe Legal's and Jose Illegal'schildren both attend the same elementary school.

Joe Legal pays for his children's lunches, while

Jose Illegal's children get a government sponsored lunch.

Jose Illegal's children have an after school ESL program.

Joe Legal's children go home.

Now, when they reach college age,

Joe Legal's kids may not get into a State School and may not qualify for scholarships, grants or other tuition help, even though Joe has been paying for State Schools through his taxes, while

Jose Illegal's kids "go to the head of the class" because they are a minority.

Joe Legal and Jose Illegal both enjoy the same police and fire services, but Joe paid for them andJose did not pay.

Do you get it, now?

Old 01-17-2015, 11:03 PM  
Traveler

No, I do not get it. First of all, this has all the hallmarks of a racist thread. Come up to my area and there are a lot of white folks working for cash under the table. People such as myself, and I'm not someone named Jose!!! This subject kinda pisses me off for a number of reasons. One, if you're going to get pissed off at someone, get pissed off at the white, typically republican business owner who chooses to cheat the system, and his employee, by paying cash under the table. From an ethical standpoint, this is no different than the employer who moves his operations to China. It's in a sense, a form of economic terrorism. These are the people you need to blame, not someone named Jose....... I could go on and on, but the truth is that the only reason I stopped by, was because I had nothing else better to do, but hey....... something just came up so I'm out of here.

Old 01-18-2015, 08:19 AM  

Good to hear from you MIAB! I sooo miss your political views, but what I miss more was your daily tirade blaming Bush. Damn that man, it was once his fault, and darnit, seven years later and it is STILL his problem.
Old 01-18-2015, 05:15 PM  
Traveler

Quote:
Originally Posted by havasu View Post
Good to hear from you MIAB! I sooo miss your political views, but what I miss more was your daily tirade blaming Bush. Damn that man, it was once his fault, and darnit, seven years later and it is STILL his problem.
You do realize that I haven't been complaining about Bush because things are doing a whole lot better seven years later! Gas prices under $2.00 down from almost $4 a gallon, stock market above 15,000, up from the 6,000 it was seven years ago, jobless rate at, what is it now 5.6%? down from almost 10% under Bush and people like myself now have Obama care and on and on! Lot's of positive accomplishments. But hey! At least Bush got Osama....... Oh wait... That was Obama too! Obama has certainly turned things around. Lots more to do, but Obama has really been a champion. I'm kind of hoping Mitt wins the next round. That would be funny huh?
Old 01-18-2015, 05:42 PM  

Oh yeah, recalling Obama's "in just six days speech";

By the way I saw no racism with Jose, those guys just happen to actually come from south of the border.
Old 01-18-2015, 06:27 PM  
Traveler

Eddie T! you still here? I was beginning to think Mark was all alone here Didn't watch it, limited data here, but I can only imagine that it's probably similar to the mission accomplished fiasco by bush.

Just listening to that guy again, brings back memories of Michelle Bachman, Sara Palin and the rest of the comedy troupe!

Gosh, you guys need some new recruitments here. I could send some of my friends from rev left over here but I imagine before long, that little hitler 7 will be along..... so I'm out of here. I'll check back in 3 years (or more) You all can find me over at citydata
Old 01-18-2015, 06:40 PM  

[QUOTE=Musicinabottle;150258....Didn't watch it, limited data here,[/QUOTE]

Come on now. Surely you must have a few dozen of them free Obamaphones and free Obamainternet?
Old 01-19-2015, 09:57 PM  
Traveler

Oh yeah, kinda like Bush's "Mission Accomplished" banner aboard the aircraft carrier, incident. Did I mention Obama care? I get absolutely the best medical care and it costs me less than $15 a month. The republicans sure as hell never provided me, or anyone else for that matter, access to healthcare, apart from themselves anyways. Nope, say all you want to about Obama, but this man has helped me and my family far more than the "corporate, big money loving" president just before Obama. Also, I'm pleased that the issue of minimum wage is finally being addressed. States like Washington are starting to pay people something that resembles a living wage, and Obama striving to provide illegal immigrants a path to being legitimate workers is awesome too!
Old 01-20-2015, 11:07 AM  

I suppose there will always be some who love to live at the expense of others.

As for minimum wage I find this interesting http://www.carolinajournal.com/daily....html?id=10844

I recall a friend who when asked about the minimum wage answered, "See that man running that trencher over on the school ground, if not for minimum wage I would have a crew digging that ditch."
Old 01-20-2015, 01:58 PM  
Administrator

Missouri
That stuff has been claimed for years, but never proven.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads