Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-11-2012, 12:08 PM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rivalarrival View Post
Irrelevant. I can print up a birth certificate that "looks" more official than either yours or Obama's. What I can't do is convince the state of Hawaii to vouch for the authenticity of that certificate, which they do for Obama. His birth certificate could be carved into a coconut so long as Hawaii says it's valid.
The state of NC said my wife's delayed birth certificate was valid but Social security made us prove it.

Old 02-11-2012, 02:47 PM  

Kent, Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie_T
The state of NC said my wife's delayed birth certificate was valid but Social security made us prove it.
The state of Ohio said my ex-wife's birth certificate was valid, and social security accepted it without question. KY said my birth certificate was valid, and social security accepted it without question. My two anecdotal arguments beat your single anecdotal argument! Haha, sucker, I win!

Seriously, though, did the social security office eventually accept your wife's birth certificate? Did they come back 9 times in various courts of law to claim it wasn't valid? Did they appeal those decisions at length in front of every court up the chain?

Old 02-11-2012, 02:59 PM  

Quote:
Seriously, though, did the social security office eventually accept your wife's birth certificate? Did they come back 9 times in various courts of law to claim it wasn't valid? Did they appeal those decisions at length in front of every court up the chain?
No they never accepted it by itself, I had to provide additional supporting data. I could have taken them to court but but was easier (and cheaper) to jump through their hoops. My point is that Obama slid by much easier.
Old 02-11-2012, 04:48 PM  

Kent, Ohio
Quote:
No they never accepted it by itself, I had to provide additional supporting data. I could have taken them to court but but was easier (and cheaper) to jump through their hoops. My point is that Obama slid by much easier.

So, you're saying that they did accept the paperwork, they didn't sue you - and lose - at least 9 times, forcing you to defend yourself each time... But Obama had it easier than you did?

I'm going to need waders. It's getting DEEP up in here.
Old 02-12-2012, 10:17 AM  

Quote:
So, you're saying that they did accept the paperwork, they didn't sue you - and lose - at least 9 times, forcing you to defend yourself each time... But Obama had it easier than you did?

I'm going to need waders. It's getting DEEP up in here.
Obama had to spend a lot of money rather than simply providing proof. Watch for certain judges to get future appointments or favors if Obama gets re-elected.
Old 02-12-2012, 01:59 PM  

Kent, Ohio
Quote:
Obama had to spend a lot of money rather than simply providing proof. Watch for certain judges to get future appointments or favors if Obama gets re-elected.
Uh... He got on the ballet just with his birth certificate. Birthers then challenged that, then he had to defend himself in a court of law. He has provided far more proof than your wife had to provide - I've seen newspaper clippings and hospital records of his birth in addition to his short and long form birth certificates.

He had to spend a lot of money because birthers refuse to follow the law, which makes clear that the offspring of an american citizen is an american citizen by birth. What do you need now, his mother's proof of citizenship and dna records confirming they are related?

If you or I were sued 9 times by the same people for the same reasons that had been previously adjudicated in our favor, we would press a harassment suit to force them to be financially liable for their actions. These people know that he won't do that out of political considerations.
Old 02-12-2012, 02:18 PM  
Administrator

Missouri
I don't understand all this anyway. According to case law precedent, you can be born anywhere and be a naural citizen as long as one parent was an American citizen. His mother was an American citizen. If you were going on where they are born, McCain couldn't have run, he was born in Panama.
Old 02-13-2012, 09:32 AM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by samfloor View Post
I don't understand all this anyway. According to case law precedent, you can be born anywhere and be a naural citizen as long as one parent was an American citizen. His mother was an American citizen. If you were going on where they are born, McCain couldn't have run, he was born in Panama.
I suspect Obama supporters have capitalized on our lack of understanding.
Old 02-13-2012, 09:55 AM  
Administrator

Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie_T View Post
I suspect Obama supporters have capitalized on our lack of understanding.
That makes no sense. No one disputes that his mother was a citizen.
Old 02-13-2012, 10:21 AM  

We have different sets of rules for different sets of people. Obama needn't worry now (too much water under the bridge), though he did spend mucho bucks on this one so there must have been some worry in time past. I won't clutter the bandwidth with a full post but one view is expressed here: http://www.israpundit.com/archives/35636

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.