Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Click Here to Login

Old 08-13-2011, 01:07 PM  
Traveler

Quote:
Originally Posted by blucher View Post
we should call London and explain Corporations are People too.
London wants 'Help' from the US. They plan to review what US cities have done in similar situations. They should probably go straight to Donald Trump---if anyone can provide the corporate philosophy it would be him.

Old 08-13-2011, 11:50 PM  

Bristol, Tennessee
whoa there blucher, I think that image may cross the line for this part of the forums.....

Old 08-14-2011, 04:03 AM  
Traveler

I am at a loss and probably just as well.

~~~
So---Michelle Bachman emerges as the front runner. I don't quite understand. I do understand Gingrich in last place. Romney was closer to the bottom of the list than I thought. Ron Paul and Pawlety? closer to the top.

They were excited that Perry got write in votes and placed higher than Romney.

I heard a bit of Herman Cain's speech--he's local and I've heard him before --I like him. I have no inclination to support Michelle Bachman. There was some discussion this week on a Time cover--'Queen of Rage'. It was supposed to be an unflattering picture--she didn't look that angry or that bad to me. If this is going to be the 'angle'--that has been done before. Hillary was said to be evil incarnate and Sarah Palin---who really doesn't need to jump into the fray--waste of time to go there again.

On Monday--Hannity will explain everything and then we will know all we need to know.

Herman Cain---he is now my candidate. No chance--I suppose. Probably the best man for the job.
Old 08-14-2011, 04:49 AM  
Traveler

mmmhmm--Romney is the frontrunner and didn't participate in the poll.

Bachman is a native of Iowa. Evangelical supporters---antiabortion/anti gay marriage. Tea Party.

I don't think so.

Ron Paul --#2 in the poll actually clarified that he has support and a viable candidacy.
Pawlenty at #3 is not that certain. I suppose everybody else can leave now?
Old 08-14-2011, 09:37 AM  

On Face the Nation it was alluded to that Gov. Perry had a good record in Texas, but they suggested that he may not have enough experience for the international scene. Pardon me, but did they ever, ever make such an observation about then Senator (in name) Obama?
Old 08-14-2011, 10:51 AM  
Traveler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie_T View Post
On Face the Nation it was alluded to that Gov. Perry had a good record in Texas, but they suggested that he may not have enough experience for the international scene. Pardon me, but did they ever, ever make such an observation about then Senator (in name) Obama?
Then it will be Romney, Paul and Perry?

And for VP--someone said Gen Alan West of FL.

I will try to listen. Romney works for me.

The idea of Michele Blachman is like nails on a chalkboard. She must have less experience at the international level than anyone and should stop right now. There are other reasons, too. I don't know how we could really change how we interact with the global community. It is pretty clear to me that the US' role has changed because the world has changed. I will be interested to learn what other ideas may exist.

I heard that Perry was shrewder than Bush--not that concerned with policy. From the harrowing days of the Bush years in the Hannity forums---that sort of thing stimulates angst among members of the GOP. Some members of the GOP, i should say. Most of them seemed to long for Reagan, and he will not be running again.
Old 08-14-2011, 11:29 AM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
Quote:
not too mention several other avenues that would create issues if corporations were really "people"
Let's toss BP in the clinker for murdering their rig crew in the Gulf.
Old 08-15-2011, 08:23 AM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by addymiller View Post
The idea of Michele Blachman is like nails on a chalkboard. She must have less experience at the international level than anyone and should stop right now. There are other reasons, too. I don't know how we could really change how we interact with the global community. It is pretty clear to me that the US' role has changed because the world has changed. I will be interested to learn what other ideas may exist.
Whatever you think of Michele, surely you don't think she has less experience than Obama when he came on the scene!
Old 08-15-2011, 05:34 PM  
Traveler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie_T View Post
Whatever you think of Michele, surely you don't think she has less experience than Obama when he came on the scene!
I won't be supporting Bachmann. Doubtful that I could support Perry.

As of this time I am not certain what Romney proposes but I suspect that is more in line with what I can support.

I cannot take the sort of political discussion that has permeated the last decade. I voted 2x for Bush and was surprised to learn that there was so much that I didn't know. Still so much that I do not know and I don't think many other people are truly qualified to instruct others.

I will listen and then make a decision.
Old 08-15-2011, 11:17 PM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by addymiller View Post
I won't be supporting Bachmann. Doubtful that I could support Perry.

As of this time I am not certain what Romney proposes but I suspect that is more in line with what I can support.

I cannot take the sort of political discussion that has permeated the last decade. I voted 2x for Bush and was surprised to learn that there was so much that I didn't know. Still so much that I do not know and I don't think many other people are truly qualified to instruct others.

I will listen and then make a decision.
I didn't mean to imply that I support Bachmann at this point, just that she doesn't have less experience than Obama when he came on the scene.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Bookmark this Page!