Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Click Here to Login

Old 09-22-2011, 07:06 PM  

Bristol, Tennessee
let's call this now, who is responsible and till when?

This question is geared more towards the republicans in the room, but anyone is welcome to respond of course :-)

The election is coming up next year, let's pose the situation that a republican does manage to take the presidency, so how long after he becomes president is it reasonable to blame on Obama, when does it become the new presidents fault? 1 day, 1 month? 6 months? 1 year? 4 years?

Old 09-22-2011, 07:57 PM  
fustrated genius

then the idiot will say, "Obama did it"

seriously, what I would like the hear from a pres is "events and or so & so, left us with this mess, THIS is whatr I intend to do starting right NOW" and then lay out a plan to cure the problem. either side, and I have never been defending republicans, but rather, criticising the democrats, to ME, they are the same.

Old 09-22-2011, 08:03 PM  

Greenville, SC
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiHood View Post
......... they are the same.
This. Almost the same anyway...

--Milton Friedman (1912-2006)
Old 09-23-2011, 09:09 AM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
I rarely participate here, but if the past political climate is any indication, first time something happens they have to deal with that is less than desirable.
Old 09-23-2011, 11:21 AM  

Whitefish, Montana
I dunno. The cons were blaming 'Bama for the economy even before he took office. They are still blaming Clinton and Carter for a variety of issues.

Yet they freak out if someone blames Bush for actions he did and decisions the Decider made which directly affect the current economy and national debt.

The dems are no better. I agree with Hihood, dems vs. reps, they are just different sides of the same coin.
Old 09-23-2011, 09:56 PM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
I'd very much a president who just was a man and took responsibility for things, instead of pointing fingers. So, you'll never hear me blame Obama for a thing, once repub's take the presidency.

In the Marine Corps, you're responsible for everyone subordinate to you, no matter what. No excuses. If you try to point fingers or say 'But the guy before me did it!', it's bad leadership, and is a great way to choose who you want to follow into battle and who's dead weight.

https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy
Old 09-24-2011, 09:01 AM  

Bristol, Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake7 View Post
I'd very much a president who just was a man and took responsibility for things, instead of pointing fingers. So, you'll never hear me blame Obama for a thing, once repub's take the presidency.

In the Marine Corps, you're responsible for everyone subordinate to you, no matter what. No excuses. If you try to point fingers or say 'But the guy before me did it!', it's bad leadership, and is a great way to choose who you want to follow into battle and who's dead weight.
the problem is that the house and senate are not subordinates to Obama at all, so the comparison doesn't really work as he can't instruct them on what to do. This is not a 4 year dictatorship.
Old 09-24-2011, 10:05 AM  
mohel

Keizer, OR

Quote:
Yet they freak out if someone blames Bush for actions he did and decisions the Decider made which directly affect the current economy and national debt.
This blame crap seems to be the GOP platform.

Clinton handed Bush a surplus

Bush gave the surplus to BIG OIL

Bush relaxed fiscal restraints on business resulting in a bad mortgage market. These two things were the major reasons for our current recession.

Obama followed the Bush use of Tarp and stimulus that are the textbook solutions to try to reverse a recession.

There is no textbook certainty of a sure cure and it's impossible to reverse this slide in an obstructionist Congress. Even the Republicans are losing votes to Teabuggery.

The US today has two parties and an infestation of illiterate sign painters.
let's call this now, who is responsible and till when?-bachmann-cartoon-zm.jpg 

Old 09-24-2011, 11:54 AM  
fustrated genius

Obama's press guyb there at the white house the other day was saying it's not all his, (Obama's) fault, they had oil spills, and earthquakes and this & that and YES they did have all that. Bush TOO, anybody remember 9-11? anybody remember Katrina? Both parties are whiners and cry babies blaming anything and anybody they can. But the BOTTOM line is this, here we are, they are the BIG MAN now, WTF they gonna do about it? No one wnants to say that.
Old 09-24-2011, 12:36 PM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
Tis the era of the woman, my friend. Men are no longer men.

https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Bookmark this Page!