Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-23-2011, 01:48 PM  

Nashville, TN
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRB View Post
Exactly. And I don't consider getting pepper sprayed violent. Actually it's kind of funny. Had it done to me to see what it was like. Shaty but doable. The modern day media will grab anything and make it seem more intense or terriable than it really is. Having your "blunt skull" caved in with a night stick, being beaten by someones bare hands, being knifed, or being shot is somewhat more violent. The protesters in the 1960's had alot of more head knocking,water cannons, rough handling in general going on, and some even died being shot at Kent State. I too was raised in the 1960's and knew folks that protested the war, LBJ, and Nixon. Todays protesters are lightweight compaired back to then.
And in the 60's we protested a war that wasn't winnable given the terms of engagement. I watched it nightly cause I was draft age. I didn't get drafted or enlist. Why? The conflict had no purpose. Afghanistan, Iraq...different circumstances, different causes. I'd volunteer in a heart beat if they wanted this tired old body today.

These idiots we see protesting have no clue why they are protesting or what their goals are. I have no problem with them getting sprayed, as MRB said beats getting you head caved in with a night stick.

And, Thank-You for all of our men and women who serve and have served in the military, defending our country. You have my respect and gratitude.

Old 11-23-2011, 02:31 PM  

Houston, Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldognewtrick View Post
These idiots we see protesting have no clue why they are protesting or what their goals are. I have no problem with them getting sprayed, as MRB said beats getting you head caved in with a night stick.

And, Thank-You for all of our men and women who serve and have served in the military, defending our country. You have my respect and gratitude.
Well, I just don't agree on a couple of points but I speak directly on the one above. My response simply is this; the same thing was being said about Viet Nam protesters at the time.
And you're welcome.

Old 11-23-2011, 03:11 PM  

Houston, Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by havasu View Post
Retired cops = Joe Citizens
Joe Citizen? Just how unbiased and objective is Joe Citizen when he's a retired cop?

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.