Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-28-2011, 11:16 PM  

Mars Global Warming?

I don't read National Geographic due to its evolutionary agenda so I missed this back in 2007. Also it got no media coverage which is no surprise. But it appears that Mars is experiencing global warming and there's little Al Gore can do to cash in on it. This is from: GOP Presidential Debate: Climate Change And A Planet In Peril | ThinkFY.com
Quote:
Scientists Believe The Sun?s Solar Output Can Explain Climate Change. Habibullo Abdussamatov, head of space research at St. Petersburg?s Pulkovo Astronomical Observatory in Russia ?believes that changes in the sun?s heat output can account for almost all the climate changes we see . . .? (Kate Ravilious, ?Mars Melt Hints At Solar, Not Human, Cause For Warming, Scientist Says,? National Geographic, 2/28/07)

Mars Too Is Experiencing Global Warming, Suggesting ?That Our Planet?s Recent Climate Changes Have A Natural?And Not A Human-Induced?Cause. . .? (Kate Ravilious, ?Mars Melt Hints At Solar, Not Human, Cause For Warming, Scientist Says,? National Geographic, 2/28/07)

The National Aeronautics And Space Administration?s (NASA) Own Data From 2005 Revealed Global Warming On Mars. ?In 2005 data from NASA?s Mars Global Surveyor and Odyssey missions revealed that the carbon dioxide ?ice caps? near Mars?s south pole had been diminishing for three summers in a row.? (Kate Ravilious, ?Mars Melt Hints At Solar, Not Human, Cause For Warming, Scientist Says,? National Geographic, 2/28/07)

?Scientists From NASA Say That Mars Has Warmed By About 0.5C Since The 1970s.? (Jonathan Leake, ?Climate Change Hits Mars,? The Sunday Times [United Kingdom], 4/29/07)

?This Is Similar To The Warming Experienced On Earth Over Approximately The Same Period.? (Jonathan Leake, ?Climate Change Hits Mars,? The Sunday Times [United Kingdom], 4/29/07)

?Since There Is No Known Life On Mars It Suggests Rapid Changes In Planetary Climates Could Be Natural Phenomena.? (Jonathan Leake, ?Climate Change Hits Mars,? The Sunday Times [United Kingdom], 4/29/07
My only real point is that the debate is not closed as some would hope.

Old 12-29-2011, 12:57 PM  

Bristol, Tennessee
so you are arguing that there are naturally occurring defenses that earth has to balance out what we do then? If you are arguing that we have done nothing to change the environment....

Old 12-29-2011, 02:01 PM  
fustrated genius

Globel warming would melt the caps, yes? melting the caps would add cold water to the oceans changing the weather pattern and many say will cause another ice age.

The solar storms are happening and are suppose to set a mini-ice age into play. It already is affecting my cell phone reception and my internet pretty bad.

So, are we warming up like many are saying or freezing up like others are saying?

I don't think anybody has a clue, scientists change their tune every other week, it seems.

Everything affects the ecology, and we need to realy pay attention to our polution and fumes, etc., but Al Gore is a flake for certain.
Old 12-29-2011, 02:29 PM  

Nashville, TN
It's not global warming...it's now climate change, that way they can justify the response to each situation. I drove by Al's house this morning and I saw him loading up his space ship getting ready to lift off to Mars so he can sell some energy credits to the Martians and deliver the INTERNET to the masses on the red planet. Thanks Al!
Old 01-08-2012, 12:22 AM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJeepXJ View Post
so you are arguing that there are naturally occurring defenses that earth has to balance out what we do then? If you are arguing that we have done nothing to change the environment....
There is zero evidence definitively tying man's actions to global warming. Read that again. ZERO. There's theories, but not one can be physically proven. In fact, in the late 70's, people actually thought that the world was getting colder - look it up! It was literally called "Global cooling!"

People are sheep, and believe anything they see on the TV. In another 20 years it'll be some different hippie trend.

https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy
Old 01-08-2012, 09:37 AM  

Bristol, Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake7 View Post
There is zero evidence definitively tying man's actions to global warming. Read that again. ZERO. There's theories, but not one can be physically proven. In fact, in the late 70's, people actually thought that the world was getting colder - look it up! It was literally called "Global cooling!"

People are sheep, and believe anything they see on the TV. In another 20 years it'll be some different hippie trend.
you should know I would expect a higher level of proof then that---
Empirical evidence that humans are causing global warming
oh and there is plenty of evidence, the problem is there is not, cannot be and never will be a smoking gun that says 100% for sure that humans are having an effect, the nature of it by design leads it to this (unless you can create two identical worlds and populate one and not the other you will never achieve perfect proof) so we have to really on what the evidence suggests is true.
Old 01-08-2012, 03:39 PM  
MRB

Sacramento, California
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiHood View Post
Globel warming would melt the caps, yes? melting the caps would add cold water to the oceans changing the weather pattern and many say will cause another ice age.

The solar storms are happening and are suppose to set a mini-ice age into play. It already is affecting my cell phone reception and my internet pretty bad.

So, are we warming up like many are saying or freezing up like others are saying?

I don't think anybody has a clue, scientists change their tune every other week, it seems.

Everything affects the ecology, and we need to realy pay attention to our polution and fumes, etc., but Al Gore is a flake for certain.
If contentinetal ice caps melt off enough, then they say the oceans deep cycle currents will stall out. This will cause another ice age to happen.
Geological evidence shows that it has done so before. So you could say that we may warm up just to freeze. And yeah, Al Gore is just another crooked, has been politician trying to capitalize on something we can't change.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.