Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Click Here to Login

Old 07-16-2013, 08:34 AM  
Administrator

Missouri
Media

You won't recognize me. My name was Antonio Santiago and I was the 13-month old child who was shot at point blank range by two teens who were attempting to rob my mother, who was also shot. A Grand Jury of my mommy's peers from Brunswick GA determined the teens who murdered me will not face the death penalty, because they are underage. Too bad I was given a death sentence for being innocent and defenseless, but I was underage too.

My family made the mistake of being half white in a 73% non-white neighborhood, but my murder was not ruled a Hate Crime. (This is only relevant because the make-up of the Sanford FL community, which was misrepresented as being 78% White, was called in to question by the major media outlets. The actual demographics are 50% white, 30% Black in Sanford, not quite what was represented by the media.) Nor did President Obama take so much as a single moment to acknowledge my murder.

I am one of the youngest murder victims in our great Nation's history, but the media doesn't care to cover the story of my tragic demise, President Obama has no children who could possibly look like me - so he doesn't care and the media doesn't care because my story is not interesting enough to bring them ratings so they can sell commercial time slots.

There is not a white equivalent of Al Sharpton because if there was he would be declared racist, so there is no one rushing to Brunswick GA to demand justice for me. There is no White Panther party to put a bounty on the lives of those who murdered me. I have no voice, I have no representation and unlike those who shot me in the face while I sat innocently in my stroller - I no longer have my life.
(Again, the specifics regarding the esteemed Reverend's involvement, as well as that of the Black Panthers and our Nation's leader are what propelled the State of Florida v. George Zimmerman case into the national spotlight.)

So while you are seeking justice for Treyvon, please remember to seek justice for me too. Tell your friends about me, tell you families, get tee shirts with my face on them and make the world pay attention, just like you did for Treyvon.

Thank you.

Old 07-16-2013, 08:36 AM  
Administrator

Missouri
No publicity like Trayvon Martin.
Media-946242_433052793475460_817841928_n.jpg 

Old 09-06-2013, 12:50 PM  

The media has an anti-gun agenda and seemingly is keeping the Trayvon issue alive in attempt to take down the "castle" or "stand your ground" laws that several states have. Obama made a mistake addressing the issue as his implication was racism.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Bookmark this Page!