Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Closed Thread
Old 10-09-2012, 07:53 PM  

Kent, Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by leadarrows View Post
Screw the head bobbers.... then hang them. We could not disagree more about this. I would rather die then bow to anyone. I have always known if a cop ever orders me to my knees I will be shot because that will never happen.
Son, that's just silly. You just told me you're willing to die for a symbol. Not the idea that symbol represents, but the symbol itself. That's simply absurd.

Old 10-09-2012, 10:03 PM  
Ric

Denver, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJeepXJ View Post
if they choose to, but you don't just randomly go by their middle name, I have seen nothing to indicate the Obama has ever just used the middle as if it was his primary name, have you? if not it is weird.
I will call him as I see fit, and will never put his title before his name, as IMHO, he has NOT earned the title. He will always be a hussein to me, if you want to support him, thats your right.

Old 10-10-2012, 07:36 AM  

Kent, Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by leadarrows View Post
My rights and my freedom are not a symbol but trying to explain it to you would obviously be a waste of time.
Your rights and freedoms aren't in question. The symbolism I'm talking about is your belief that bending your knee to obey a law enforcement officer is somehow infringing your rights. You told us that you would choose death rather than tolerate someone infringing on that symbol.

Quote:
I like violence...I know it never proves who is right ....but it does shut the mouths of fools ...at least for a while in my experience.
You're seriously going to argue about American values and then tell us that you use violence to shut people up?

I don't want you to shut up. Please, speak your mind. Give a kid enough rope and he'll hang himself.
Old 10-10-2012, 07:40 AM  
American

Quote:
Originally Posted by rivalarrival View Post
Your rights and freedoms aren't in question. The symbolism I'm talking about is your belief that bending your knee to obey a law enforcement officer is somehow infringing your rights. You told us that you would choose death rather than tolerate someone infringing on that symbol.

You're seriously going to argue about American values and then tell us that you use violence to shut people up?

I don't want you to shut up. Please, speak your mind. Give a kid enough rope and he'll hang himself.
American values...you mean the ones where we killed the Indians and stole their land?

Their is nothing symbolic about bowing or bending of the knee to another man...it is out right submission.
Old 10-10-2012, 07:45 AM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
This thread has been closed. If you can't debate politely please do not debate at all.

Closed Thread

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads