Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-24-2011, 09:04 AM  
Traveler

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJeepXJ View Post
think that is a little unfair, much of that increase was begun under bush and Obama counted the war expenditures where bush did not, so the money was already spent just not completely on the books, what policies did obama do to actually increase the deficits is what is important to look at, and I think when you do you might be surprised.

the biggest benefit to republicans was obama winning, all the spending needed to rescue the economy (including spending done by bush and the republicans) could then be blamed on Obama

How Trillion-Dollar Deficits Were Created - Interactive Graphic - NYTimes.com
I know a little old, but what programs that add to the debt (which excludes healthcare reform as it actually reduces it) has obama created? and how does it compare to the debt amount?
I know. Was just quoting wiki.

Old 06-24-2011, 09:06 AM  
AK 47 toting Liberal!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiHood View Post
and here we go again . . . the Bushicans blame the Obamacrats and the Obamacrats blame the Bushicans and nothing happens but an arguement.
So then you're looking for Opinions? I'd start out with cutting back on the military for awhile. That'd make a dent! They're certainly responsible for a couple cards themselves!

Old 06-24-2011, 10:55 AM  

HiHood has his cap on straight, it's politicians of both stripes that got us into this. However they were not alone, a gullible public voted for the crook that would bring the most money home. However the money the government spends is first taken from the private sector and the government (like Vegas) takes its cut off the top. The government is inefficient so its cut is too high and it can't avoid fraud. In order to keep buying votes the government started borrowing money so it now spends 1.667 times its revenue.

When I point out Obama's ineptness people automatically assume I am a Fox News republican, however I am not a republican and don't have any cable news. I am just smarter than the average debt laden voter looking for a government benefit to stay afloat.
Old 06-24-2011, 12:32 PM  
AK 47 toting Liberal!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie_T View Post
People automatically assume I am a Fox News republican, however I am not a republican..........
Well Eddie, you sure fooled the hell out of me all this time!
Old 06-24-2011, 01:12 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
This is a simple case of GREED.

The surplus Clinton handed Bush should have gone to the deteriorating infrastructure in this country. Bridges, highways, canals and other key facilities are falling apart from age.

Instead it fattened the wallets of BIG OIL and gave us a RECESSION.

In Oregon they ran some surpluses but the Republicans insisted it be returned instead of saved for a rainy day. They passed the "kicker law" and every cent goes back but now Oregon too is broke and the rainy day fund isn't there to get us through.
Old 06-24-2011, 01:20 PM  
fustrated genius

Quote:
Originally Posted by blucher View Post
This is a simple case of GREED.

The surplus Clinton handed Bush should have gone to the deteriorating infrastructure in this country. Bridges, highways, canals and other key facilities are falling apart from age.

Instead it fattened the wallets of BIG OIL and gave us a RECESSION.

In Oregon they ran some surpluses but the Republicans insisted it be returned instead of saved for a rainy day. They passed the "kicker law" and every cent goes back but now Oregon too is broke and the rainy day fund isn't there to get us through.
clintincrat/obamacrat vs bushicans . . .z'all yer fault/ t'ain't neither/tis so/t'ain't neither/tis so
Old 06-24-2011, 01:22 PM  
AK 47 toting Liberal!

Well, we need someone like you to run for prez!
Old 06-24-2011, 01:34 PM  
fustrated genius

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbow View Post
Well, we need someone like you to run for prez!
if you're referring to me. . .it don't pay enough
Old 06-24-2011, 04:01 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
debt parity

Quote:
clintincrat/obamacrat vs bushicans . . .z'all yer fault/ t'ain't neither/tis so/t'ain't neither/tis so
tis so!
Old 06-24-2011, 04:04 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
Quote:
if you're referring to me. . .it don't pay enough
I'd pay them but the people with pitchforks are scary.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.