Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Click Here to Login

Old 11-23-2010, 09:52 AM  

Time to inject a bit of humor!
No One Like's 4th Amendment Violated But We Have Too-flying.jpg 

Old 11-23-2010, 12:20 PM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
hah - you're always good for that, havasu!

https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy
Old 11-23-2010, 12:53 PM  

North of Wausau, Wisconsin
Cute Cartoon---Thank-you for posting it.

The question: "is it worth it".

We are a very advanced country and we use many things to spy on our own people. This being "policitally correct" junk that is happening is a open door to crisis.

Isreal has a system that has worked and our elected officials are aware of it. Profiling for one, would be ideal and using ex-military who are already trained would be more productive and more reassuring for Americans. I would gladly look you in the eye and tell you about why and where I'm going to fly to. You can run my name thru everything and find I'm a patriot and love my country. (Sad to say that is becoming a bad word)

As it stands now I will never fly again which I believe is the goal, put the airlines, another private business in crisis and destroy or take over(bailout)

If you research, you find that creating a false flag, continuely keeps pushing us further, intentionally, for more government control.

Treating us like criminals and refuse to protect our borders tells it like it is.

It's really a sad state of affairs that is going on.

/
Old 11-23-2010, 06:14 PM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
I do agree with Israel's system of profiling, and they have a little few-minute interview with each passenger as they enter the airport. It's a perfect way to find people.

However, as far as actual physical security, Israel's pretty bad. They just had one of their major international airports downgraded to security level 2. Level 2 is the type of airport security that you can commonly find in third world countries.

I wish we weren't so politically correct so that we could actually do that. Apparently in this country we can't even ask for someone's immigration papers - God help us.

Old 11-23-2010, 10:39 PM  
Carolina Jeep Girl

Charlotte, North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake7 View Post
I do agree with Israel's system of profiling, and they have a little few-minute interview with each passenger as they enter the airport. It's a perfect way to find people.

However, as far as actual physical security, Israel's pretty bad. They just had one of their major international airports downgraded to security level 2. Level 2 is the type of airport security that you can commonly find in third world countries.

I wish we weren't so politically correct so that we could actually do that. Apparently in this country we can't even ask for someone's immigration papers - God help us.
Which is BS because the gov't can ask for our SSN any time they want
Old 11-30-2010, 12:20 PM  

Stafford, Virginia
I have done nothing to warrant a search of my person. There for scanning my body or searching my bags is illegal. Too many people don't know their rights.

We should never ever have to give up any right to be secure. Sorry the day you start thinking like that is the day we become the new USSR. I can't believe an American would even propose that. That comment makes me sick to my stomach.

Lets look at the 4th Amendment quickly.

Quote:
The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.
THE RIGHT of the people to be SECURE in their PERSON. That means you can't search my body without cause. Me walking into an airport to fly to Denver is not sufficient cause for a search of my person. Really how hard is that to understand? Just like they do not have a right to seize anything from my person weather I am flying or not.

How would you like it if your mowing the grass and 10 police cars show up search you and your home for no other reason other than you were mowing your grass.

I as an AMERICAN should be able to do as I please until it encroaches on some one else?s right and freedoms. I have done nothing wrong to warrant a search. I suffer through this LIBERAL BS every year taking my kids to and picking my kids up from an airport. I sure as hell don't want some punk TSA agent looking at my nude daughter plus taking nude photos of a child is against the law is it not? I don't want them touching my kids either. The guberment has ZERO RIGHT to perform this invasion of privacy.
Old 12-01-2010, 10:17 PM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
So you think that we should just do away with all security at airports - is that what you're saying?

Old 12-02-2010, 03:05 AM  

Rochester, New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake7 View Post
So you think that we should just do away with all security at airports - is that what you're saying?
Why would you ask this? You just acknowledged Israel's methods are effective without being intrusive. Not wanting to have our rights trampled, be irradiated, have one's naked body examined by strangers, or endure a search that constitutes sexual abuse is not the same as advocating doing away with all security at airports.
Old 12-02-2010, 07:34 PM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
To be answered, of course. He said it's unlawful to search or basically even check him for anything dangerous, without a clear cause. Going down that line of reasoning, NO searching or questioning is legal, so we should just do away with them, right?.

Or are you saying that SOME methods of searching/getting into your business is okay, but other ones are not? You have to create black and white - people just can't handle areas of grey.

Old 12-03-2010, 06:28 AM  
American

Ok everyone I guess it is up to me to come up with a solution to all the
controversy over full-body scanners and the groping at the airports.
All we need to do is develop a booth that you can step into that will not X-ray you, but will detonate any explosive device you may have hidden on or
in your body. The explosion will be contained within the sealed booth.
This would be a win-win for everyone. There would be none of this crap about racial profiling and the device would eliminate long and expensive trials.

I can see it now: you're in the airport terminal and you hear a muffled explosion. Shortly thereafter an announcement comes over the PA system,

"Attention, standby passengers! We now have a seat available on flight number..."

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Bookmark this Page!