Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Click Here to Login

Old 12-03-2010, 04:49 PM  

Rochester, New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake7 View Post
To be answered, of course. He said it's unlawful to search or basically even check him for anything dangerous, without a clear cause.
Yes, that's right.

Quote:
Going down that line of reasoning, NO searching or questioning is legal, so we should just do away with them, right?.
No. It matters who's doing the questioning. If its the Federal government, then it's a clear infringement of 4A.

But if it's private airline security officials, they can ask all sorts of questions and search you, etc. So if one airline wants to fondle your nasties in the name of security, but another airline employs the psychological methods used in Israel, I'm betting the second airline will be more popular AND more secure.

Quote:
Or are you saying that SOME methods of searching/getting into your business is okay, but other ones are not? You have to create black and white - people just can't handle areas of grey.
The black-and-white is there. The Bill of Rights protects individuals from the Federal government. So get federal employees OUT of our airports and let's get the job done right.

Old 12-04-2010, 02:58 AM  
facepalm

Minot, ND
what were all of you saying right after 9/11?

personally i dont think we should have a federal govt agency conducting these searches. i think the airlines should be doing them. you don't consent to a search at the will of the airline, you figure out some other way to get to your destination. period.

Old 12-04-2010, 07:15 AM  
Poison Idea

This guy is pretty ok with it.

Man arrested after ejaculating during TSA pat-down : Dead Serious News
Old 12-04-2010, 10:35 AM  
The Amish wolfman...

Terre Haute, Indiana

Old 12-04-2010, 12:27 PM  
facepalm

Minot, ND
how is that a fail? i would chock that up to a win....
Old 12-04-2010, 06:47 PM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
Hahahaha that's great.

The official procedure only involves the front of the hand moving up the thigh, causing the back of the hand to graze the "sensitive areas." I love it when people call it groping - I can't even believe it's become this big of a deal. Our country loves complaining.

https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy
Old 12-04-2010, 11:45 PM  
Carolina Jeep Girl

Charlotte, North Carolina
You guys know that isn't a serious article right?. Look at the names of individuals in said article and where it was from. haha.
Old 01-08-2011, 10:23 AM  

Bristol, Tennessee
Quote:
So you guys think it's not worth it to give up some privacy to save lives?
So why don't we just allow police to search homes whenever they want, you have no issue with that right? you have to agree if police at least once a year had surprise visits to everyone's home to check for drugs/criminal activity/illegal weapons/ unsafe living condition we would be safer right? wo which side of the line does that fall for you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahdactyl View Post
You guys know that isn't a serious article right?. Look at the names of individuals in said article and where it was from. haha.
come on with their other articles such as:
"Passengers turn to cannibalism after 7 hour tarmac delay"
you are really telling us it is fake?
Old 01-08-2011, 11:18 AM  

Not to stray off topic too much, but I have no problem having police come into my house at any time to search for anything they are looking for. I'd even offer them a nice cup of coffee while I am waiting!
Old 01-08-2011, 04:36 PM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
While I'd gladly let police come into my home and search (even weekly, if that kept the detriments to society at bay).

However, I think that's a far jump from a patdown almost identical to what they've done for years now - and the only way for you to get a patdown is to refuse another method of search.

I think we're whining just a bittttt too much.

https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Bookmark this Page!