Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Click Here to Login

Old 11-21-2010, 02:08 PM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
Obamacare

Well,you know what that means.

I figured this topic would be good for some discussion/argument, and even a few conspiracy theories.

So what do you guys think of Obamacare, and do you think, with the GOP in power in the Congress and so many states against it, that it'll actually come into fruition?

https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy
Old 11-21-2010, 02:16 PM  
Traveler

Knoxville, TN
113 corporations have already received federal waivers.....it was NEVER about HC, it is NOT about HC.

No, it will die, as it should.

Old 11-21-2010, 03:08 PM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
Where'd you get that info about corporations receiving federal waivers?

And if it's not about healthcare, then what do you think it's about? It sure costs a heck of a lot to not be about healthcare.

https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy
Old 11-21-2010, 07:20 PM  
Traveler

Knoxville, TN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake7 View Post
Where'd you get that info about corporations receiving federal waivers?

And if it's not about healthcare, then what do you think it's about? It sure costs a heck of a lot to not be about healthcare.

It's a framework by which to control and regulate business and individual actions.

I'll have to find the story on the 113.
Old 11-21-2010, 07:27 PM  
Commodore

San Marcos, Texas
I post a thread with a link that goes over every single clause.

Would love to hear what clauses people dislike.

I hear a lot of "I hate Obamacare, it's going to XYZ" but when I ask what clauses they disagree with I get blank stares.

http://www.cityprofile.com/forum/nat...care-act-4421/
Old 11-21-2010, 07:29 PM  
Traveler

Knoxville, TN
McDonald's, 29 other firms get health care coverage waivers - USATODAY.com

This story is more than a month old....same thing though....as of Friday the number had risen to 113....most ALL the large unions got a waiver, UAW and teachers union etc....

It's nothing more than a scam....bigger than SS, IMO. The individual mandate will kill it though...even this SCOTUS will not agree and rule against it, if not...well....we will be toast by then anyway. If this is not stopped the Fed will have learned that they can and WILL force you, by law, to do anything they want to you, anything.
Old 11-21-2010, 07:32 PM  
Traveler

Knoxville, TN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
I post a thread with a link that goes over every single clause.

Would love to hear what clauses people dislike.

I hear a lot of "I hate Obamacare, it's going to XYZ" but when I ask what clauses they disagree with I get blank stares.

http://www.cityprofile.com/forum/nat...care-act-4421/
I wish I could get you to understand, it does not matter what you like or don't like about it.

The law enslaves you, you must understand that!
Old 11-21-2010, 07:53 PM  
Commodore

San Marcos, Texas
So what is your alternative then Legislation in a Capitalistic society where a necessity to survival that everyone shares is too expensive and the sector that make it available engages in business practices that make it again non affordable or use arbitrary litigation to absolve itself from their consumers using what they paid for since those sick customers don't have the resource or time to engage in the legal process.

If you for whatever reason argue against any Government interference in business what are your thoughts in detail about the case brought against Rockefeller who controlled this entire Nation with it's predatory business practices. Would it be proper to be enslaved by a couple of shareholders then a Democratically controlled Government?
Old 11-21-2010, 08:31 PM  
Tea Party Liberal

Mesa, Az
Obamacare: I'm torn on that subject. On the one hand; I'm not impressed with Big Government whereas on the other, when we get older, health coverage goes out of sight money wise. Once you are past age 50----------you are screwed.
Old 11-21-2010, 08:33 PM  
Traveler

Knoxville, TN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
So what is your alternative then Legislation in a Capitalistic society where a necessity to survival that everyone shares is too expensive and the sector that make it available engages in business practices that make it again non affordable or use arbitrary litigation to absolve itself from their consumers using what they paid for since those sick customers don't have the resource or time to engage in the legal process.

If you for whatever reason argue against any Government interference in business what are your thoughts in detail about the case brought against Rockefeller who controlled this entire Nation with it's predatory business practices. Would it be proper to be enslaved by a couple of shareholders then a Democratically controlled Government?
Keith, it's a moot point now....this was soooo a year ago....lots of info out there, I just don't want to read it again.

As for the arguement that consumers cannot buy what they want? there is two side to 'regulation' and you must also know that the gov regulates away your choices. Does not being able to buy accross state lines ring a bell? it's that type of thing.

I'm going to take it a step further....

Don't be insulted....

You have NO right to health care (insurance to be correct), none. If you afford it, fine, if not, you have no right to force someone else to subsidize it for you, and that's really what this law does.

You have no right to my money, Keith, none.

And I will tell you that I have not had heath insurance (it is insurance and not HC, BTW) since 1997 simply because I cannot afford it and I find it to be MUCH FREAKIN cheaper to pay cash as I go and for 14 years me and my family have done just fine.

I state that so you don't think that I'm on the top looking down, in fact, if you what the "thuth" on any subject you will always find from the bottom looking up.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Bookmark this Page!