Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-01-2016, 10:42 PM  
Traveler

It's really funny. I'm going to let my hair down..... I like Hillary, Bernie and Trump. I believe you're absolutely correct about Bernie. I think the wealthy should pay proportionately more as they did in the 1950s under Eisenhower, perhaps not quite that stiff, but you get my point. Nonetheless, as you stated, the wealthy would sidestep their duties as they have since Reagan. Hillary Bernie and Trump would delight me should one of them win. Trump, because I believe he could make America great again, even if he's a bit of a blow hard. Either candidate would please me though, so how could I go wrong?

I agree with you on the freeloaders. It pisses me off too. It all comes down to the parents starting with the baby boomers! Kids are getting lazier and lazier. I was fortunate to have grown up in the house and acreage that I posses now. Yup! 50 years here! Milking cows and goats, hauling in firewood for those cold Idaho Winter Nights and days. No electricity until I was 17. Hauled water till I was 15. Outhouse until I was 19. Started working at 15 years old when I dropped out of school. I'm a settler. I have the arthritis to prove it!!!!! Last person you'd ever expect to be a liberal huh? Oh yes, I have 2 assault rifles in the closet too! There's my story.

Old 02-02-2016, 11:54 AM  

Here's what my government did to me with its war on drugs as implemented into the healthcare system. Drugs are still on the street while the war on drugs has greatly impacted patients who need them, especially the elderly and the less than fully ambulatory. My wife is caught between two offices operating under the same hospital owned doctors umbrella. She is being treated by the outpatient Comprehensive Wound Healing Center, however she was informed there that pain meds would have to be prescribed by her primary care physician. Although her primary care physician is also part of the same hospital medical system he is an internist and has never physically observed her wound. She needs a pain prescription refill and has been told that she needs to make an appointment with the primary care physician to get the prescription. Therein lies the problem, if one is in pain how are they to deal with it until yet another appointment is scheduled and met. One suggestion was to go to the ER or Urgent Care if the appointment was too far out. How is one who is elderly, in pain and has difficulty in getting ready for appointments to make these trips to the primary care doctor, Urgent Care or the ER just to get script? In addition to the physical burden does this not also burden the healthcare system both in time and expense? If she goes to the internist solely for the script it will be a significant and painful burden to her essentially taking another day out of our lives just to jump through a government imposed healthcare hoop. The bottom line is that the government is incapable of anything that doesn't punish the innocent. I agree with samfloor on his Mustang Ranch comment (I wonder how obummercare has impacted that profession).

Old 02-02-2016, 08:53 PM  
Traveler

A good portion of that is the fact that people abuse prescription drugs. Doctors are really skeptical about giving them out. My spouse is on a few drugs like Oxy and hydrocodone. The doctors treat you like they're on a witch hunt. There needs to be regulations in place no doubt. A few minutes watching television and it don't take too long to realize that your brain is being bombarded by pharmicuetical ads constantly. The commercials urge you to talk to your doctor. Many drugs really are dangerous. They can kill people. I think the industry is all to eager to make money or personal safety concerns.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads