Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-28-2011, 11:51 AM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorcharge View Post
Goes to further my point about them being the same.
She's got the same qualifications as Obama and lies just the same yet for some reason half the people who despise him love her. She doesn't have a single thought of her own, all she can do is throw out catchy phrases and terms to hook stupid people. Kinda like Obama and his hope and change nonsense.

Did you just quote my silence? I'm confused.

I think a lot of her prowess comes from anti-Obama'ism - just people looking for something different to express their frustrations. Kind of like how Obama got elected on anti-Bush'ism. The Dem's could've put up a German llama and he would've won!

https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy
Old 01-28-2011, 12:27 PM  
Community Active

Florence, OR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
I really like and respect Mrs. Palin. She's smart, capable and attractive which is my idea of a trifecta in a woman. Whether or not she'd be a good president at this time is another matter. I don't think I'd wish public office on her. What's coming down the pike isn't something any sane person wants to deal with, and I'd hate to see her blamed for the fallout of decades of stupidity from predecessors.

But hey, gman, if you want to not think about Palin for a month, knock yourself out. I'll be certain not to post the name "PALIN" in any of my posts for a whole month.
Sarah would make a great President! She is a fiscal conservative, understands that the government can't tax and spend America into prosperity, and most importantly she isn't afraid to pull a trigger on a caribou or bear!

She is everything the guy in office now isn't, and we can see how far hope and change has taken us!

Old 01-28-2011, 12:40 PM  
Nobody

California
It is interesting the view that many people have of Palin, which is mainly from a biased media. I love the claim that she has no experience, yet instead of just being a Senator for a short period of time, she was a Mayor and and Governor.

I think that the main problem is that she is more outspoken than most and harder to control and neither side likes that.
Old 01-28-2011, 12:42 PM  
Poison Idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake7 View Post
Did you just quote my silence? I'm confused.

I think a lot of her prowess comes from anti-Obama'ism - just people looking for something different to express their frustrations. Kind of like how Obama got elected on anti-Bush'ism. The Dem's could've put up a German llama and he would've won!
No, I just didn't want to make my post massive so I trimmed the quote.

That's all it comes from and it's pathetic considering Bush, her and Obama are all pretty similarly stupid. She's fine as a commentator, host, ect, but she has no business holding any elected office. Her only political experience is a failed Governorship where she spent half her time out of state and all she managed to do while in office was embezzle federal money and quit. She's a soccer mom with no education, no experience, and no brain. Sure she looks good and can run her mouth, but that's about it.
Old 01-28-2011, 01:53 PM  

Rochester, New York
Quote:
That's all it comes from and it's pathetic considering Bush, her and Obama are all pretty similarly stupid. She's fine as a commentator, host, ect, but she has no business holding any elected office.
That's your take and that's fine. Others have differing opinions. Since there are no established qualifications around intellect or experience to hold office, she's certainly eligible.

Quote:
Her only political experience is a failed Governorship where she spent half her time out of state and all she managed to do while in office was embezzle federal money and quit.
Actually, the embezzlement issue allegedly happened when she was mayor of Wasilla. It dealt with her home being made of similar materials as a stadium she had built, and it is presumed the same contractor was used. Given that the contractor, Spenard Building Supplies, is the largest such contractor in the area, it doesn't surprise me if she used them. Whether or not she did steal money is still an unanswered question; no one has offered up any proof that she did.

Quote:
She's a soccer mom with no education,
She earned her bachelor's degree in Communications & Journalism at the University of Idaho in 1986. Where did you get your degree?

Quote:
no experience,
As small and insignificant as they might seem, working your way up from the City Council to Governor isn't nothing. Relative to being the CEO of a large successful company, that's probably nowhere in the same league. But relative to Obama, that's a great deal.

Quote:
and no brain.
Are ad hominem attacks really necessary?

Quote:
Sure she looks good and can run her mouth, but that's about it.
She can also put food on the table without going anywhere near a grocery store.
Old 01-28-2011, 02:14 PM  

Liberty Il, ILINOIS
I like Palin, and would, will vote for her!
i do wonder about the people that call her dumb, and in the same breath call Pelousie smart.
Old 01-28-2011, 06:29 PM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
Brian, I love your research - it saves me so much time! Good stuff, I had no idea most of that info about her.

Old 01-29-2011, 09:25 AM  

Bristol, Tennessee
Sarah palin also attended 5 colleges to get that degree

Communications and journalism, well that sure beats obama finishing law school at Harvard

sportscaster, mayor and short term governor sure beats Obama just being a civil rights attorney and a senator.....
Old 01-29-2011, 04:48 PM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
Man, if we start requiring all of our presidents to come from Ivy League schools, I'm afraid we're going to keep going down the road we're going now. If Obama went to Harvard, I vote we ban Harvard graduates from pursuing public office.

Old 01-29-2011, 08:29 PM  

macomb, Illinois
At least she can produce a birth certificate, and college transcripts along with a passport!!

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.