Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Click Here to Login

Old 11-25-2011, 09:13 AM  
ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɯnɹoɟ

VA
Protesters vs. Competitive Shoppers

Woman pepper-sprayed adults, kids at Wal-Mart sale, police say - latimes.com

Quote:
Authorities are searching for a woman accused of pepper-spraying other shoppers Thursday night at the Wal-Mart in Porter Ranch so that she could grab more discounted merchandise.

Twenty customers, including children, were hurt in the 10:10 p.m. incident, officials said. Shoppers complained of minor skin and eye irritation and sore throats.

"This was customer-versus-customer 'shopping rage,'" said Los Angeles Police Lt. Abel Parga.

The woman used the spray in more than one area of the Wal-Mart "to gain preferred access to a variety of locations in the store," said Los Angeles Fire Capt. James Carson.

"She was competitive shopping," he said.

Black Friday's sales began at the Wal-Mart at 10 p.m. and featured door-buster sales on toys, including $5 Bratz dolls, $10 Wii video games and $29 tricycles.
Protesters complaining about getting pepper sprayed are met with comments like "It's a food product" and told to stop complaining but shoppers who get pepper sprayed are regarded as " hurt" and given swift medical and police attention. Further illustrating corporate and government hypocrisy and double standards.

I so need to show this to my wife when she gets home. Then again, I need to don this beforehand -

Old 11-25-2011, 11:47 AM  

Kent, Ohio
Amazon.com FTW. **** walmart.

I spent my black-friday morning at a local sporting goods store with two brothers. Strangely, nobody was using pepper spray on the crowd of hunters, CCW carriers, LEOs, and gun nuts.

We walked out with an 1187, Henry lever action, Mosin Nagant, and plenty of ammo for all of the above.

Old 11-25-2011, 12:40 PM  
fustrated genius

I spent my black friday morning walking out in the desert with my dog. FOOWY on them clown and idiot "bargan" shoppers. I'ld rather wait til the store's not so crowded or order it on line.
Old 11-26-2011, 02:11 AM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
I've seen this comparison. The occupy protesters have done quite a bit of damage across the country, though. Therefore, I have a hard time feeling bad for them.

However, I think the pepper spray incident that we've all seen a video of was very wrong.

https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy
Old 11-26-2011, 09:02 AM  
ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɯnɹoɟ

VA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake7 View Post
I've seen this comparison. The occupy protesters have done quite a bit of damage across the country, though. Therefore, I have a hard time feeling bad for them.

However, I think the pepper spray incident that we've all seen a video of was very wrong.
I agree Jake, and I also agree that this is a bit of a stretch of a comparison between the two, but there are similarities and 'oppression' of sorts amongst the frustrated.

The Occupy folks have caused plenty of damage, but then again the people they are protesting against have caused a bit more damage - but theirs doesnt leave any 'discernible marks' like those 'less fortunate' (If you would)

(EDIT) And please dont think I feel sorry for ALL of the occupy people - you do stupid **** - you go to jail. Dont torture me in the process please
Old 11-26-2011, 02:13 PM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
Ha ha :-) I understand what you're saying, and appreciate your maturity in the discussion. I guess I'm just used to some people around here being a lot less amicable about things.

https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy
Old 11-26-2011, 04:32 PM  

Nashville, TN
I think there is a big difference between getting pepper sprayed when a uniformed officer tells me to vacate an area and having some dimwhit pepper spray in, even a Wal-Mart. It's expectation. I don't reasonably expect some looney shopper to use unreasonable force to provide them with a shopping advantage.

And Rival, you picked up some sweet items for stocking stuffers today. I'd love to have a Mosin Nagant.
Old 11-26-2011, 05:52 PM  

Kent, Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaporLung View Post
I agree Jake, and I also agree that this is a bit of a stretch of a comparison between the two, but there are similarities and 'oppression' of sorts amongst the frustrated.

The Occupy folks have caused plenty of damage, but then again the people they are protesting against have caused a bit more damage - but theirs doesnt leave any 'discernible marks' like those 'less fortunate' (If you would)

(EDIT) And please dont think I feel sorry for ALL of the occupy people - you do stupid **** - you go to jail. Dont torture me in the process please
Having the police baton and pepper spray protesters is akin to viciously beating someone for having the nerve to bleed on your car after you swerve onto the sidewalk to hit them.
Old 11-26-2011, 05:57 PM  

Kent, Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldognewtrick View Post
I think there is a big difference between getting pepper sprayed when a uniformed officer tells me to vacate an area and having some dimwhit pepper spray in, even a Wal-Mart. It's expectation. I don't reasonably expect some looney shopper to use unreasonable force to provide them with a shopping advantage.

And Rival, you picked up some sweet items for stocking stuffers today. I'd love to have a Mosin Nagant.
Now I just need a few hundred yards to shoot it! (The best range I have is across an abandoned gravel pit; I've only got a little more than 100 yards to work with)
Old 11-26-2011, 06:00 PM  
Mr. Happy

Montreal, Quebec
We managed to clear out the stupid tent city in one of our historic city squares without resorting to drastic measures.

It was starting to become an eyesore without a clear or even lucid message.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Bookmark this Page!