Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-15-2012, 05:04 PM  
American

Old 08-15-2012, 05:13 PM  
American

Quote:
Originally Posted by rivalarrival View Post
I've never known Havasu to ban anyone for having and sharing an opinion. I've known a number of egotistical pricks in my lifetime - Havasu is certainly not among them. I've never seen him use or abuse his authority as a moderator to support his own positions.

I disagree with Havasu on MANY points. We hold significantly different political and philosophical positions. We've come down on opposite sides of several fairly contentious positions. I think we disagree on much more than we agree, and I've never gotten the impression that he treats people unfairly because they hold different opinions. Havasu has done nothing to deserve the abuse you've dished out.

Havasu has proven himself to be an intelligent, honorable, and respectful individual, and I'll have words with anyone who says otherwise.

If you want to argue that homosexuality is mental dysfunction, go ahead and make your case, and we can argue it.

You want to argue that Havasu is an abusive ******* and I'm just one of his stooges, go ahead and make your case. But until you present even a tiny sliver of evidence to support it, you're only acting out of malice.

leadarrows, you owe Havasu an apology, and you need to reform your behavior.
Apparently you need to work on your reading comprehension.

"" Havasu " to me....Regarding mental illnesses, one only has to look in the mirror to see such an acute case. " " I would say he started it with me...don't you think? ...Or do you.
Normal people feel like puking when they get zhit on there junk...gays do it on purpose. Pointing that out dose not mean I have a mental illness. Defending it may. A bi sexual male screwed a monkey got the first known case of aids...screwed some people and killed millions...so far. It will be a cold day in hell before I will apologize to anyone who defends that behavior. If I was wrong that he would ban me for calling him a fool...about that then I may have been wrong...that's it.

There is your sliver.

I am sick of people defending the gay lifestyle. They don't deserve to be abused any more then any other sick or handicapped person I would be the first and have defended them from physical harm. I do not hate them but just because they needed some help back when they were being mistreated ....not unlike when workers needed the unions...they have carried this whole thing too far just like the unions. Some people just don't know when good is good enough.

It's one thing for them to have the right to live in peace...quite another to parade their sickness in the streets. And marriage... oh good grief.

Hell I would even say a heterosexual had mental issues if they formed there entire identity around sex.

I pointed out the simple fact that gays have a sexually disoriented mental condition and your buddy said I have the mental issue...so I naturally concluded he has bought into this notion of being gay is not unhealthy and even normal...anyone who thinks that is a fool. Most mods ban you for calling them any unflattering anything, in my 12 years on dozens of these forums that's the way it's always played.

I did possibly jump to a conclusion about that...but that is all. Again if you do not want me to call you a fool....don't say foolish things to me...I do not...will not suffer fools gracefully. Way too much of that is going on in this country and it needs to come to an end. I for one am drawing my line in the sand...enough.

By the way I spent 5 years in the scouts and would not have cared for a gay leader...you do end up alone with them sometimes...and if they wanted too they could make the time...saying they could not is naive.

My mom was a Girl Scout leader for 3 years as well. My parents were teachers. My dad retired as a collage dean. I walked in on my high-school football coach screwing a female classmate on his desk. I speak form personal experience.. not conjecture. I did not sit at home watching life go by on TV...my opinions and conclusions about people and life come from years of mixing in. You have no idea.
I learned many things the hard way...listen...don't listen...I don't care...but I speak the truth....the truth can be uncomfortable to some....I can't help that.

Old 08-15-2012, 05:34 PM  

leadarrows,

You have the right to your opinion, and so do I. I am 100% heterosexual, but I am also strong enough to understand that I, nor you have the ability to change anyone's opinions. We all suffer from some type of mental illness (hence the mirror statement said earlier) and I for one realize that it makes no sense standing on a soapbox in an open forum denouncing others who have different views that I have. This is why R/A and I get along so well. There is nothing I can say or do to change his political views, and he can say nothing to change my political views. We just agree to disagree.

I'm still stumped why you mentioned walking in on the teacher and the student. Did that cause you this hatred towards everyone not like you?
Old 08-15-2012, 07:23 PM  
American

Is it hate if it's true?

I have always been part of the silent majority....we are a live and let live kind of people.... mostly...you know what that is getting us? Pushed aside and run over.

Political correctness has run amok. It is beginning to stick in my craw some.

Mentioned the predator as one of my bona-fides that I have personal experience to form my opinions on. A predator can take advantage of situations...it was said, scout leaders don't have opportunity because of rules....schools have rules....didn't stop coach...I should have told on him...see begged me not too. I regret listening to her. Who knows how many others suffered because I was silent...

People think I am a hard azz...well I am...and I don't let myself off the hook either.

You are week to give up and assume you can not make a difference...I know I can...I know I will....or die trying....I am good with that. It beats giving up.
Old 08-15-2012, 07:41 PM  
American

If it makes you feel any better my opinions/words towards you are directed at what you post...I of course know nothing about you as a person and hold nothing against someone I have never met. Our discourse as far as I am concerned is with what we type and under our member names...getting more personal then that on a forum would be insane.

You could ask me how to fix a broken widget in a different thread and I would gladly help if I could with no thought to this thread whatsoever.
That's how this works...if someone cannot do it that way I would suggest avoiding social networks to them.
Old 08-15-2012, 10:01 PM  

I will agree with you about the silent majority. As I get older, I just try not to get worked up over things out of my control, but that is a topic for another thread.
Old 08-16-2012, 05:04 AM  

Greenville, SC
Alright guys....

--Milton Friedman (1912-2006)
Old 08-16-2012, 09:56 PM  

Kent, Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by havasu
I will agree with you about the silent majority. As I get older, I just try not to get worked up over things out of my control, but that is a topic for another thread.
Here's yet another thing we disagree on.

While I do see a strong majority of heterosexuality, I don't see a majority of anti-homosexuality. Maybe a decade ago, but not today. But I digress.

Leadarrows, blaming all homosexuals for the actions of one bisexual individual allegedly fornicating with an ape and spreading aids is about as senseless as blaming all heterosexuals for the same act. (He was bisexual, right? Why give his heterosexual conduct a pass?)

By all means, point at the bestiality. But do we hold all heterosexuals accountable when a man diddles a young girl? Of course not. We blame the man. Why would we blame anyone else? But when it comes to homosexuality, we point the blame for all wickedness on all members of the class, even those monogamous members who have done nothing to anyone other than their consenting partner? No. That's a load of horse crap.
Old 08-17-2012, 04:37 AM  

Greenville, SC
Quote:
Originally Posted by rivalarrival View Post
While I do see a strong majority of heterosexuality, I don't see a majority of anti-homosexuality. Maybe a decade ago, but not today. But I digress.
This, is because it has been presented as normal by the media and political correctness. It is treated to be at the same level as race and religion. It simply is not. These are not "civil rights" issues.
I imagine this is a fundamental disagreement.

--Milton Friedman (1912-2006)
Old 08-17-2012, 11:53 AM  

Kent, Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by YelloJeep View Post
This, is because it has been presented as normal by the media and political correctness. It is treated to be at the same level as race and religion. It simply is not. These are not "civil rights" issues.
I imagine this is a fundamental disagreement.
What compelling interest does the public have in regulating the interactions between consenting adults? On any issue other than sexuality, the conservative answer is "None". The public has no interest in the private affairs of individuals. Is there any difference when we start talking about sexual relations? Why?

We tolerate certain public displays of affection. We tolerate hugging and handholding and certain kissing. We tolerate the spouse of a returning soldier running across the airport terminal, jumping on her husband or boyfriend, and engaging in a deep, passionate kiss. We do this, even though our more puritanical brethren find such conduct wildly offensive.

As far as marriage and civil rights, "This is the way we've always done it" does not imply that this way is actually fair or justified under our constitution. It just means it's the way it's always been done. Today, in several states, heterosexual couples receive numerous privileges that are not afforded to single people, non-married couples, and homosexual spouses. Why? Why does this specific class of people deserve this set of privileges, to the exclusion of all others?

We have a fundamental, inalienable, individual right to pursue happiness. For the public to interfere with that right, they need a clear, compelling reason that is justified within the powers granted by the constitution, and not prohibited by the restrictions ("Bill of Rights") of that constitution.

What interest does the public have in granting certain privileges to married heterosexual individuals that it does not offer to others? To make things fair, we could remove all the privileges in question, or we could extend them in a manner justified by the powers of the constitution and not restricted by that same constitution.

On another note, here's three photos:

Let's remember that the last four people in these photos are in committed relationships, and all four have consented to the interactions depicted. What is it about these four people that is so offensive?

If you read the backstory on the first photo, you'll discover that the sailor was accosting a number of women while walking down this street. He'd grab and forcefully kiss ladies he didn't know and had never met. For me, the "most offensive" photo in this panel is actually the famous VJ-day photo, as it depicts what would - and should - be considered a minor assault today.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.