Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Click Here to Login

Old 08-28-2011, 06:54 AM  

Rasmsc

A novel idea for the nanny-staters, given that many in rural areas have to drive considerable distances to procure groceries how about establishment of a Rural Area Super Market Subsidization Commission. It could provide grants to build supermarkets in remote areas much like the the Murtha Airport provides transportation. Truly a "chicken in every pot" concept. Also, think of the energy costs that could be averted.

Old 08-28-2011, 09:23 AM  

Tie this in with a selective area "Cash for Clunkers" along with increase welfare payments and you would have a great idea. Debt limits can always be raised, so money is no problem, provided you all vote for the person who provided these benefits!

Old 08-28-2011, 10:24 AM  

Bristol, Tennessee
yes let's just list things typically associated with democrats... what about the bush expansion of prescription drug payments which was just a blank check to big pharma or what about all the expenses to have a military ready to fight a cold war at any point? farm subsidies? oil subsidies?

let's also pretend the past republican president didn't raise the debt limit 7 times and force obama to have no real choice at all about raising it the first time.

I assume this in response to the internet in rural areas issue which there is already a thread.... Internet is about knowledge, any place that does not have access will be left behind and considering that we do not have competition in most places for internet access the government does have to step in, in many places we have allowed corporations to become monopolies. How about instead of criticising the democrats approach to the problem HOW ABOUT REPUBLICANS ACTUALLY COME UP WITH A SERIOUS PLAN OF THEIR OWN. break the monopolies and allow real competition.

just like healthcare, they bitched and moaned about anything the democrats did but didn't put forth anything that made any real attempt at solving the problem, the best they came forward with was a plan that would save insurers a lot of money but provide no protections and therefore solve none of the problems that obamacare does.

government is there to be a solution, republicans need to come forth with solutions to move forward, and not just stand there saying "no" and stay in the past. don't like democrat ideas, then bring something reasonable and fair to consumers to the table instead of such one sided bills that just screw the customer.

for example (The banking industry is balking at having to clearly describe fees to the customer and the republican politicians are stating that such plain and easy to read bills would be a bad thing for the industry, there is a problem with the industry, not the bill but in republicans mind businesses should be able to use the full definition of capitalism and screw over customers with the fine print.
Old 08-28-2011, 11:31 AM  

One of my most coveted quotes came from a great man. A democrat at that.

And so, my fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you; ask what you can do for your country.
John F. Kennedy

President Obama needs to realize that some of us are just tired of giving to those who don't want to better their lives, and just want to become leeches of society.
Old 08-28-2011, 11:49 AM  

Bristol, Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by havasu View Post
One of my most coveted quotes came from a great man. A democrat at that.

And so, my fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you; ask what you can do for your country.
John F. Kennedy

President Obama needs to realize that some of us are just tired of giving to those who don't want to better their lives, and just want to become leeches of society.
how dare they want such things as health coverage, seriously, we should let people with pre-existing conditions die like the dogs they are.....

considering obamacare is the ONLY thing obama has accomplished I assume that is what you are talking about. what the people should do for their country, yes moving the tax rate on the rich from 28% to 34% would just be asking too much.... better to get it from the working class.... and remove medicare and social security from the working class, after all once you are too old to work you just become a leach on society, much better to let them die bankrupt and homeless, that is unless we are going to revert to a society that demands people have lots of kids to guarantee the kids can provide for them.

I know you will bring up some junk about personal responsibility and while true, NO ONE can prepare for everything, especially with all the loopholes republicans give big business, think your insurance covers you or your home or your investment is safe, just a corporate decision whether it really is or not.

Since the republican attacks have been against people who are unemployed/ on medicare/ on social security and very little elsewhere I HAVE to assume these are the leeches you are talking about.
Old 08-28-2011, 01:17 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
Quote:
Since the republican attacks have been against people who are unemployed/ on medicare/ on social security and very little elsewhere I HAVE to assume these are the leeches you are talking about.
I can't believe people defending the ones dedicated to raping their savings and damaging our country. Do you think Cheney or Rove even have hearts let alone give a crap about Baptist fundy religious views?

Your country is broke because you elected a pawn of Big Corporate Interests and you never saw through him. His unregulated approach to governance was the signal to Banks that they had license to sell worthless paper for mortgages. The OIL WAR in Iraq was never about lower prices at pumps but strictly about higher profits in BIG OIL pockets.
Rasmsc-pied-piper-leading-pack-rats.jpg 

Old 08-28-2011, 01:38 PM  

Bristol, Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by blucher View Post
I can't believe people defending the ones dedicated to raping their savings and damaging our country. Do you think Cheney or Rove even have hearts let alone give a crap about Baptist fundy religious views?

Your country is broke because you elected a pawn of Big Corporate Interests and you never saw through him. His unregulated approach to governance was the signal to Banks that they had license to sell worthless paper for mortgages. The OIL WAR in Iraq was never about lower prices at pumps but strictly about higher profits in BIG OIL pockets.
plus the bank bailouts alone if they had not been bailed out and continued to fail it would have hit the rich harder in the end, now that we the american people had to take reductions in medicare in order to save the rich who haven't shared any suffering in this downturn. I agree, it is amazing how the american people continually turn back to the people trying to hold them down. I'm not saying the democrats are perfect by any means, but at least it seems like they often have the individual in mind in an attempt to help, the republicans just want another way to keep the individual down, such as keeping the status quot of employer based insurance or mandatory binding arbitration or unclear loan terms, it's all an attempt to keep people down.
Old 08-28-2011, 07:50 PM  

Oh, someone thinks this is all about democrats vs republicans, some of us believe both sides need to shape up and so far TEA Party influence seems to be the only new game in town.
Old 08-29-2011, 09:03 AM  

Today's leaches = tomorrow's voting supporters....nothing else.
Old 08-29-2011, 10:16 AM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
Quote:
some of us believe both sides need to shape up and so far TEA Party influence seems to be the only new game in town.
The Tea Party is a cast of thugs, clowns & bigots. It's leading candidates are buffoons no legitimate party would tolerate. A witch, a celebrity airhead and now Reagan reborn in Texas as the Creationist's last hope.

Presidents should be the best & the brightest, not junkyard dogs leading the reincarnation of the Know Nothing Party.

Rasmsc-american-know-nothing-party-cartoon-1854.jpg 

Rasmsc-topics5and617.jpg 

Rasmsc-m-2445.jpg 

Rasmsc-no-nothing-2012.jpg 

Rasmsc-whig.jpg 

Rasmsc-unclesamslodginghousecover2.jpg 

Rasmsc-party-no.jpg 

Rasmsc-tea-loonies.jpg 

Rasmsc-44.jpg 

Rasmsc-ynl2.jpg 

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Bookmark this Page!