Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Click Here to Login

Old 03-28-2016, 09:26 PM  
Traveler

Religious right at it again.

Are these people for real? Haven't they got better things to do? Ship these religious goons over to the middle east!

Atlanta (CNN) — Under increasing pressure from major corporations that do business in Georgia, Gov. Nathan Deal announced Monday he will veto a bill that critics say would have curtailed the rights of Georgia's LGBT community.

House Bill 757 would have given faith-based organizations in Georgia the option to deny services and jobs to gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender people. Supporters said the measure was meant to protect religious freedom, while opponents have described it as "anti-LGBT" and "appalling."

Speaking to reporters Monday morning, Deal, a Republican, said he didn't think the bill was necessary.

"I do not think we have to discriminate against anyone to protect the faith-based community in Georgia, of which I and my family have been a part of for all of our lives," he said.

He said he was not reacting to pressure from the faith-based community or responding to the business community, which warned Georgia could lose jobs if he signed the bill.

His decision, he said, was "about the character of our state and the character of our people. Georgia is a welcoming state. It is full of loving, kind and generous people. ... I intend to do my part to keep it that way. For that reason I will veto House Bill 757."

The move comes as controversy swirls over a swiftly passed law in North Carolina that members of the LGBT community view as anti-gay. A lawsuit was filed Monday against the state's governor, among others, calling for a judge to rule the law unconstitutional. A number of businesses that have interests in North Carolina also have denounced the law.

Old 03-29-2016, 10:11 AM  
Administrator

Missouri
"Christians" have always been biased, hateful people for the most part. They forget about "love thy neighbor" and "do unto others".

Old 03-29-2016, 10:48 AM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by samfloor View Post
"Christians" have always been biased, hateful people for the most part. They forget about "love thy neighbor" and "do unto others".
You should be reported to an administrator for making such a hateful comment.
Old 03-29-2016, 10:49 AM  
Administrator

Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie_T View Post
You should be reported to an administrator for making such a hateful comment.
Posting the truth is not hateful. Most of the bigots in the US hide behind Christianity.
Old 03-29-2016, 10:53 AM  

Quote:
Posting the truth is not hateful. Most of the bigots in the US hide behind Christianity.
Another one that should be reported to an administrator you are going off the deep end with this.
Old 03-29-2016, 11:08 AM  
Administrator

Missouri
Quote:
Another one that should be reported to an administrator you are going off the deep end with this.
I am an administrator. This is a debate thread. If you don't want to debate, leave.
Old 03-29-2016, 11:35 AM  

Quote:
I am an administrator. This is a debate thread. If you don't want to debate, leave.
Wow, yet another one! And you say you are an administrator and this is debate? It appears that your argument has become ad hominem. Have you tried breathing into a paper bag?
Old 03-29-2016, 11:41 AM  
Administrator

Missouri
Quote:
Wow, yet another one! And you say you are an administrator and this is debate? It appears that your argument has become ad hominem. Have you tried breathing into a paper bag?
Have you tried adding something pertinent to the discussion?
Old 03-29-2016, 11:46 AM  

As an administrator what do you consider pertinent?

I think I have a better feel for why you like to troll on the religion threads.
Old 03-29-2016, 11:55 AM  
Administrator

Missouri
I think everyone should be allowed to practice their religion freely and should let everyone else do the same.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Bookmark this Page!