Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-21-2013, 06:44 PM  
American

You really expect a reply to that crap. What the hells wrong with you?

Old 01-21-2013, 07:20 PM  

Kent, Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by leadarrows View Post
You really expect a reply to that crap. What the hells wrong with you?
I want you to explain to me how a human should be treated.

When I see a 2-month pregnant woman who needs to begin chemotherapy or radiation therapy immediately to save her own life, I have no ethical dilemma. There is only one life to be saved, the life of the mother. The fetus can't survive without the mother, the mother can't survive with the fetus, this fetus is not alive and will never be alive. The mother is alive. Her decision to continue living or die without treatment is the only one that matters.

Once the fetus can survive the death of the mother, it is alive, and becomes a member of society. At no point before that is it alive.

This is one of those rare occasions when the law, medical science, common sense, and the bible are all in agreement: A fetus is not a human at conception. All agree that the fetus is property. Medical science abstains and the bible disagrees with the rest on who that property belongs to, but it is property.

Old 01-21-2013, 09:22 PM  
American

A baby is alive as soon as it begins to develop at conception. It will be born alive unless it is killed or dies of natural causes.

You keep using extra ordinary circumstances in your examples while the reality is most Abortions are merely a means of shucking the responsibility of being irresponsible.
You don't care about the truth...you just want it to be the way you want it to be.

I don't think your capable of facing, knowing, the truth in this matter. I might as well quit wasting my time on you about this.

Our children are our responsibility but no one is someone else's property. That is something humans all agree....only the lowest of the low think one can own another.
Old 01-21-2013, 09:30 PM  

Kent, Ohio
Quote:
A baby is alive as soon as it begins to develop at conception. It will be born alive unless it is killed or dies of natural causes.
Death of the mother prior to viability of the fetus = death of the fetus. The fetus is not alive until it can survive the death of the mother.

Quote:
most Abortions are merely a means of shucking the responsibility of being irresponsible.
Ah, I see. So you want irresponsible people raising children. Common sense disagrees with you.

Quote:
You don't care about the truth...you just want it to be the way you want it to be.
The law, medical science, common sense, and even the bible support my position. Who is it who doesn't care about the truth and just wants it to be the way he wants it to be?

Quote:
I might as well quit wasting my time on you about this.
I think that would be wise.
Old 01-21-2013, 09:37 PM  
American

Quote:
Originally Posted by rivalarrival View Post
Death of the mother prior to viability of the fetus = death of the fetus. The fetus is not alive until it can survive the death of the mother. It may die as well but it was alive...this is nonsense your posting.

Ah, I see. So you want irresponsible people raising children. Common sense disagrees with you.
Yeah that is a tough one....and most abortions are liberals so it does have a down side I admit...but murder is still murder

The law, medical science, common sense, and even the bible support my position. Who is it who doesn't care about the truth and just wants it to be the way he wants it to be?

The law is corrupt...not all medical science agrees that is a lie...and common sense is not so common...you have it wrong for example.

I think that would be wise.
You are not qualified to say what is wise.
Old 01-21-2013, 09:42 PM  

Quote:
Quite a true statement, if the mother dies then the fetus would die also unless the mother is placed on life support however that is not an uncommon practice in this day and age. Science and medicine are on your side, I spoke with a neonatal pediatrician on the subject and he considers abortion under all circumstances to be the taking of human life.
Old 01-22-2013, 07:32 AM  

Kent, Ohio
Quote:
The law is corrupt...
Ah, yes. The law disagrees with you, therefore it must be corrupt. Couldn't be that your position is insignificant and all-around harmful to existent people in favor of non-existent people.

My advice to you is to concern yourself with actuality, not potentiality. The well-being of the woman walking into the abortion clinic is of greater concern to me than the clump of goo she has growing inside her; the ticking timebomb that would cause not the joy that the birth of a child should bring, but suffering and hardship.

Every child should feel she is wanted, that her parents chose to bring her into this world. No child should ever feel that her existence is a mistake; that she owes her existence not to her parents conscious decision, but to society's insistence that her parents be prohibited from correcting a grievous error. The world you would make for us is truly disgusting. The ugliness that is abortion pales in comparison to the sick, twisted immorality you would impose upon our society.
Old 01-22-2013, 09:45 AM  

Let's explore that "glob of goo":

Week 1 Doctors date gestation at the end of the menstrual cycle.

Week 2 Fertilization occurs and a 46 chromosome human begins life.

Week 3 The baby travels to the womb for implantation.

Week 4 The baby sends hormonal signals to the mother and placenta growth has begun.

Week 5 Heart begins to beat and organ systems have begun growth.

Week 6 Neural tubes close and brain formation begins, heartbeat is 80ppm.

Week 7 Nostrils, hands and feet are beginning to take shape.

Week 8 Fingers, ears and eyes are visible. Tate buds are forming and tooth buds are taking shape.

Week 9 Toes are visible.

Week 10 Eyelids close so eye can develop. Brain neuron development is 250,000 per minute and muscle movement is evident.

Week 11 The end of the embryonic stage and the baby is called a "fetus". which is Latin for young one.

Week 12 Fingernails are forming.

Week 13 Bones begin to harden in head, arms and legs.

Week 14 The baby is 3 1/2 inches long and sex would be evident if we had a clear view into the womb.

Week 15 Hair pattern is forming.

Week 16 Legs and arms are moving and sex can be determined by ultrasound.

Week 17 Fat begins to form.

Week 18 Baby is now 5 1/2 inches long and ears are developing nicely.

Week 19 A waxy substance (vernix) begins to cover the skin to protect it from the amniotic fluid.

Week 20 The mother may begin to feel tiny movements.

Week 21 The baby begins to swallow amniotic fluid exercising digestive system.

Week 22 Hair becomes visible and the body is covered with fine hairs to hold the vernix to the skin.

Week 23 Fingerprints could be taken and R.E.M. is present (dreaming?).

Week 24 The baby is 8 inches long and has sleeping and waking periods.

Week 25 The baby reacts to mother's voice (bonding?).

Week 26 Lungs are stronger and teeth buds are apparent.

Week 27 Every major system is established and functioning.

Week 28 Eyelids have opened and eyelashes are visible.

Week 29 Bones are all formed now.

Week 30 Eyes are wide open and he/she has a full head of hair.

Week 31 Brain controls breathing and baby has body temperature independent of mother.

Week 32 Body hair begins to fall off.

Week 33 Pupils can dilate responding to light.

Week 34 Fingernails fully grown and baby is about 18 inches long.

Week 35 The baby begins rapid weight gain, maybe as much as 8 oz per week.

Week 36 Baby is quite cramped but still moving around.

Week 37 Baby begins to establish head down position getting ready.

Week 38 Baby has full grasp capability with hands and is considered fully developed.

Week 39 Still growing and mommy is waiting anxiously.

Week 40 Finally birthday arrives and he/she was not one of the more than a million per year that were deprived of this moment.
Old 01-22-2013, 11:31 AM  

Kent, Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie_T View Post
Let's explore that "glob of goo":

Week 28 Fetus is likely to survive the death of the mother, Abortion no longer a valid option
Fixed that for you.
Old 01-22-2013, 11:54 AM  

Greenville, SC
Quote:
Originally Posted by rivalarrival View Post
Fixed that for you.
So two months after you may feel the child move abortion is deemed no longer a viable option?

That's just sick.

--Milton Friedman (1912-2006)

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.