Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Click Here to Login

Old 08-04-2011, 10:43 PM  

Ron Paul Comments on Obamacare Birth Control Announcement

Seems that Obama's minions pulled a coup on this one forcing insurance carriers to fund birth control apparently without co-pay. Pelosi hit the nail on the head when she said "We have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it"
Quote:
Ron Paul Comments on Obamacare Birth Control Announcement
August 04, 2011 | Business Wire, Inc.

Obamacare to force health insurance plans to cover birth control, morning after pill

LAKE JACKSON, Texas--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Today, 2012 Republican presidential candidate Congressman Ron Paul commented on an announcement this week by the Health and Human Services department that under the Obama administration?s new healthcare law, health insurance plans will be forced to provide coverage for birth control. See comments below.

?The Obama administration?s decision to mandate coverage of birth control and morning-after pills is payback to Planned Parenthood and big pharmaceutical companies for their support of Obamacare.

?This mandate violates the conscience of millions of pro-life Americans.

?In Congress, I have introduced H.R. 1099, the Taxpayer Freedom of Conscience Act, which removes all federal funding for domestic and international family planning.

?As President, I plan to defund Obamacare and all federal programs that use tax money taken from the American people to promote abortion.

?I pledge also to veto any bill with funding for Planned Parenthood or any other international family planning regimes.?

Authorized and paid for by Ron Paul 2012 PCC. Ron Paul 2012 Official Campaign WebsiteRon Paul 2012 Presidential Campaign Committee

Old 08-05-2011, 07:58 AM  

Bristol, Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie_T View Post
Seems that Obama's minions pulled a coup on this one forcing insurance carriers to fund birth control apparently without co-pay. Pelosi hit the nail on the head when she said "We have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it"
so there can't be abortion, can't fund contraceptives (how do those go against pro-life agendas) but here is the big question, since anti-abortion agendas increase crime rates we should ask all pro-life people to start paying up the extra societal cost that the rest of us must pay due to the increased costs on our government's justice system (not to mention the costs to citizens through crime) I say we start calculating this number and then bill the pro-life groups for this money (have them put their money where their mouth is). It's sad for sure, but babies that would be aborted aren't nearly as likely to become beneficial members of society, yes there are exceptions but statistically true.

I would rather have contraceptives used then abortions.... but hey, that's just me apparently....

Old 08-05-2011, 12:00 PM  

Kent, Ohio
Abortions can be done up to about 4-5 months into a pregnancy, and it takes about a month for everything to work right again after, so from an economic perspective, as long as 6 months of contraceptives are cheaper than an abortion, I'd agree that contraceptives are preferable. (Again, this is from a purely economic perspective.)

The average abortion runs about $400. Condoms can be had for around $0.15 each. She'd have to average greater than 14 times per day for abortion to be cheaper than condoms for birth control. (Although if someone is averaging 14 encounters per day for greater than 6 months, I'd say he/she has bigger issues than deciding on a method of birth control)

Depo-provera runs $70 to $150 + exam fees for 6 months, so call it anywhere from $70 to $300, and usually closer to the bottom of that range. IUDs run $500 to $1000, but last 5 to 10 years, so that's about $50 to $100 every 6 months. A 6-month supply of birth control pills runs about $90 to $300, and usually closer to the bottom of that range.

Given the regular doses of BS I get from my sexually frustrated friends, I think the world would be a better place if we encouraged people to bump uglies, and regularly.
Old 08-05-2011, 12:03 PM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rivalarrival View Post
Given the regular doses of BS I get from my sexually frustrated friends, I think the world would be a better place if we encouraged people to bump uglies, and regularly.
This is signature worthy. Since this isn't possible, how about a big kudo instead?!
Old 08-05-2011, 01:20 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJeepXJ View Post
so there can't be abortion, can't fund contraceptives (how do those go against pro-life agendas) but here is the big question, since anti-abortion agendas increase crime rates we should ask all pro-life people to start paying up the extra societal cost that the rest of us must pay due to the increased costs on our government's justice system (not to mention the costs to citizens through crime) I say we start calculating this number and then bill the pro-life groups for this money (have them put their money where their mouth is). It's sad for sure, but babies that would be aborted aren't nearly as likely to become beneficial members of society, yes there are exceptions but statistically true.

I would rather have contraceptives used then abortions.... but hey, that's just me apparently....
I think it's in the Right's interest to keep a large uneducated work force since kids born to unwed kids have little chance of a better future.

Pro Life just wants you alive. They care nothing about the miserable existence that awaits so many of these kids.
Old 08-05-2011, 05:00 PM  

Kent, Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by havasu View Post
This is signature worthy. Since this isn't possible, how about a big kudo instead?!
I'd rather have some pictures of dead presidents, but I'll take whatever I can get.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Bookmark this Page!