Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-14-2011, 03:38 PM  

I just saw this cartoon today, and thought I'd share it, even though it is not directly related to this topic. The caption basically said the ones at the bottom look up to nothing but a-holes, and the ones at the top seem to always crap on the poor ones at the bottom. Seems pretty true IMHO!
Scare Tactics or Transparency?-birdshit.jpg 

Old 07-14-2011, 05:14 PM  

Bristol, Tennessee
but yet republicans claim the democrats are just giving handouts to the poor, that seems more benefitical then the republicans fighting to take away any responsibility of corporations and freeing them from the basic principles of our judicial system......

yeah, the picture fits more for republicans as they spread fear about the people below them and then screw those people over as much as possible but few people realize how low they are and help the republicans that will turn around and screw them

Obama gave us a decent health care fix, republicans just presented a plan with even more ways people will be screwed on healthcare

Old 07-14-2011, 09:21 PM  

You are obviously looking at a different picture than what was posted. I see just as much poop under the democrappers in the picture that I posted!
Old 07-14-2011, 10:21 PM  

This is an oversimplification for RedJeepXJ but a Ponzi Scheme refers to an investment not to bridges, schools and infrastructure that are used every day.
Old 07-15-2011, 01:43 PM  

Bristol, Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie_T View Post
This is an oversimplification for RedJeepXJ but a Ponzi Scheme refers to an investment not to bridges, schools and infrastructure that are used every day.
Come on Eddie, seriously?

1.) a ponzi scheme is about a system where people at lower levels pay in for those at the upper levels that is unsustainable as eventually no more epople pay in

2.) you completely utterly missed the point (or as I suspect didn't bother to read it as you seem to ignore everything I say especially if I ask you a question)

3.) I am not going to repeat myself for the nth time go back and read my posts this time, and maybe respond to some of my questions posed to you about the agenda you are pushing, and come up with something better then "it's a ponzi scheme because it is" WHY IS IT, don't link to a ponzi scheme on wikipedia, I KNOW WHAT A PONZI SCHEME IS, the problem is that SS is not a ponzi scheme but an entitle and since it is taxed to fund it is no more of a ponzi scheme then any other government service that budgets for the future

dammit, I just repeated myself once again, but I suspect you won't answer/respond to this either
Old 07-15-2011, 02:10 PM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJeepXJ View Post

1.) a ponzi scheme is about a system where people at lower levels pay in for those at the upper levels that is unsustainable as eventually no more epople pay in

2.) you completely utterly missed the point (or as I suspect didn't bother to read it as you seem to ignore everything I say especially if I ask you a question)

3.) I am not going to repeat myself for the nth time go back and read my posts this time, and maybe respond to some of my questions posed to you about the agenda you are pushing, and come up with something better then "it's a ponzi scheme because it is" WHY IS IT, don't link to a ponzi scheme on wikipedia, I KNOW WHAT A PONZI SCHEME IS, the problem is that SS is not a ponzi scheme but an entitle and since it is taxed to fund it is no more of a ponzi scheme then any other government service that budgets for the future

dammit, I just repeated myself once again, but I suspect you won't answer/respond to this either
All I can say is to keep on inhaling!
Old 07-15-2011, 05:07 PM  

Bristol, Tennessee
Quote:
All I can say is to keep on inhaling!
because you certainly won't say anything to actually defend your position or respond to any question or argument directed towards you to answer, so yes an irrelevant response is nothing less then I expected from you. I have asked the same question from you at least three times, I think it is reasonable to assume you know I am right as you will not defend your position and are now reducing your posts to personal attacks.
Old 07-15-2011, 05:47 PM  

Quote:
The president says he cannot guarantee that social security checks will go out to seniors if the debt ceiling is not raised by the August deadline. Now let's evaluate his statement for truth. If social security is solvent in 2011 that means the Ponzi Scheme is still working, that is the income exceeds payments. So is the president insinuating something deeper than what he is saying or is he merely trying to scare seniors into support of raising the debt limit?
I'll just repeat myself!
Old 07-15-2011, 09:55 PM  

Bristol, Tennessee
Quote:
I'll just repeat myself!
repeating what you said already that in no way relates to my question and in no way states the issue does no good, all your quote does is just call it a ponzi scheme, AGAIN calling it a ponzi scheme does not make so, once again you ignore my question and repost nonsense

here is my post again, for you to ignore again, or reply with a post with no relation to my questions
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJeepXJ View Post

Old 07-15-2011, 11:50 PM  

OK gents, let's keep it civil!

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.