Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Click Here to Login

Old 11-20-2011, 01:25 PM  

Senate Staffers Kick Out Tea Party Debt Commission

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Senate Staffers Kick Out Tea Party Debt Commission - YouTube

Old 11-20-2011, 08:33 PM  

Kent, Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie_T View Post
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Senate Staffers Kick Out Tea Party Debt Commission - YouTube
\o/

10 char

Old 11-21-2011, 08:06 AM  

Stafford, Virginia
Why would you want people there that are going to show you that you are not doing your job.

I say give congress 60 days to balance a budget or they get fined $25k a day and all pay and benefits STOP.
Old 11-21-2011, 10:22 AM  

Kent, Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmurdoc34 View Post
Why would you want people there that are going to show you that you are not doing your job.

I say give congress 60 days to balance a budget or they get fined $25k a day and all pay and benefits STOP.
That would take an act of legislation.

The Tea Party approved of default during the debt crisis. They were willing to torch the national and global economies just to give Obama a black eye.
Old 11-21-2011, 10:42 AM  

Obama gave himself a black eye. Unfortunately the debt problem is not to be resolved. Even if the super-committee had an agreement the bus is still going off the cliff, just at 90mph vice 100mph. We passed 15 trillion in spending a few days ago, I don't know of any politician with smarts enough to dig us out of that pit.
Old 11-23-2011, 07:50 PM  

Bristol, Tennessee
Quote:
Obama gave himself a black eye. Unfortunately the debt problem is not to be resolved. Even if the super-committee had an agreement the bus is still going off the cliff, just at 90mph vice 100mph. We passed 15 trillion in spending a few days ago, I don't know of any politician with smarts enough to dig us out of that pit.
the democrats put forth an offer exceeding the amount expected..... but since it would cut into millionaire's incomes the republicans wouldn't hear of it.....
Old 11-24-2011, 08:13 AM  

No matter what either party proposes the other is against it. However, neither has a plan to keep the bus from going over the cliff, they are just arguing over the speed.
Old 11-24-2011, 11:32 AM  

Bristol, Tennessee
Quote:
No matter what either party proposes the other is against it. However, neither has a plan to keep the bus from going over the cliff, they are just arguing over the speed.
The democrats have caved tremendously, republicans won't budge an inch with all their silly pledges, they even aggresively call the deficit reduction committee using terms as if the party is only their to agree on cuts, that is not bargaining, that is a my way or the highway type approach and the nation is suffering under it
Old 11-24-2011, 12:51 PM  

Kent, Ohio
Quote:
The democrats put forth a measure to "put on the brakes", so to speak. The GOP responded "Why are we going to waste perfectly good brake pads? We've got this bumper on the front, it will hit the guardrail and keep us from going over the edge."
Old 11-26-2011, 10:14 PM  

Like I say, neither has a plan to keep the bus from going over the cliff, they are just arguing over the speed. There is no debt solution on the horizon.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Bookmark this Page!