Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-07-2012, 05:03 AM  

Greenville, SC
So how does it feel America?

To be defeated from within.
We are now continuing down the path of internationalism, losing the right to bear arms, embracing the murdering of innocent babies, emracing unnatural perversions, spitting in the face of our creator, worshipping at the throne of big government and suckling at the teet of the antithesis of self reliance and personal responsibility. Our last chance just passed yesterday to de-rail the dismantling of the things this country was founded on.

I mourn for our country.

--Milton Friedman (1912-2006)
Old 11-07-2012, 05:34 AM  
AK 47 toting Liberal!

A little dramatic don't you think? After Bush, Obama is this countries last light. The republicans were nearly the demise of the country. Obama is going to bring us back, and take the credit he desrves for turning this country around. GOMAMA!

Old 11-07-2012, 05:41 AM  

Greenville, SC
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbow View Post
A little dramatic don't you think? After Bush, Obama is this countries last light. The republicans were nearly the demise of the country. Obama is going to bring us back, and take the credit he desrves for turning this country around. GOMAMA!
You say dramatic.... I don't see you pointing out any of my claims and saying "no, he's not going to try to do that!" or "no that's not the direction we are going"......

There have been two main roads to go down. The country has been divided. One half, wants a "new America" which embraces multicultural transformationa and international integration (laws of the world), along with a nanny state taking care of everyone. The other, is the one that would like for the US to maintain it's identity and believes in the individual's pursuit of happiness and success. It is like the Melting pot versus the Salad bowl. I prefer the melting pot idea.....

The choice has been made. We are ushering in the "new America". I don't think there is any turning back.

Oh, by the way.... I am by no means saying that the republicans are perfect... I for one liked most of what Ron Paul was for. I am mostly just against what Obama stands for opposed to being "for" the republicans.... So you can trash them all you want, I won't argue with alot of it...

Old 11-07-2012, 08:37 AM  
Administrator

Missouri
At least we have less chance of getting in more unwinnable wars, like the 2 that Bush started.
Old 11-07-2012, 09:12 AM  

Greenville, SC
Quote:
Originally Posted by samfloor View Post
At least we have less chance of getting in more unwinnable wars, like the 2 that Bush started.
Yeah, we'll see..... I'm not so sure that Obummer can manage the powderkeg over in the middle east either!

Old 11-07-2012, 09:30 AM  
Administrator

Missouri
Within 5 years of the time any of these wars is "over", either the Taliban or Al Quaida will be running those countries anyway. All the Americans died for nothing.
Old 11-07-2012, 09:58 AM  

Greenville, SC
Well, at least the markets can continue their leaps upward! Oh wait....

Old 11-07-2012, 10:36 AM  

I wasn't paying close attention to the talking heads doing the election night analysis, in fact I was in the process of re-tuning my guitar as I am stretching in a new set of nylon strings. So, I don't know who said it, or the exact words, but the concept was that the republicans lost because the RNC let the voters pick the republican candidate. The implication was that it was like letting the choir select the music to perform (rather than the director). I was so amazed at the comment that I just sat there with my jaw dropped rather than taking note of who said what.
Old 11-07-2012, 11:44 AM  
ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɯnɹoɟ

VA
Quote:
Originally Posted by YelloJeep View Post
Yeah, we'll see..... I'm not so sure that Obummer can manage the powderkeg over in the middle east either!
I LOLed at this.

Take a look closer to 'home' and you will see a war that has claimed WAY more lives than those 'religious zealots' over the pond have.

Im talking about Mexico, and how this violence is spilling over into OUR borders.
Hopefully Obama will finally address some of this issue - 2 states have already taken steps towards it.
Old 11-07-2012, 11:56 AM  

Greenville, SC
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaporLung View Post
I LOLed at this.

Take a look closer to 'home' and you will see a war that has claimed WAY more lives than those 'religious zealots' over the pond have.

Im talking about Mexico, and how this violence is spilling over into OUR borders.
Hopefully Obama will finally address some of this issue - 2 states have already taken steps towards it.
Yeah, I wouldn't count on that being taken care of either... Unless of course you consider outlawing most firearms in the US to be helpful....

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads