Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-09-2012, 09:16 AM  

Greenville, SC
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaporLung View Post
No more than the tax exempt churches on every corner here in America.

The 'muslim cause' (if I interpret correctly) is all about my blood and the blood of my children.

These places of 'worship' are about my blood, sweat, AND tears.
Its a wonder why my property taxes are so ridiculous - Someones gotta foot the bill.
I am not clear on what all of your post is saying.... The only thing I really get out of it is the bottom part.... Where I guess you are saying your property taxes are high because Churches are tax exempt.(?)

--Milton Friedman (1912-2006)
Old 11-09-2012, 09:37 AM  
American

Your property taxes do not pay for churches. They do pay for schools.

Old 11-09-2012, 10:20 AM  

Kent, Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by leadarrows View Post
Your property taxes do not pay for churches. They do pay for schools.
Every church that gets built means less taxed property, means my taxes go up. My property taxes pay so churches don't have to. And that is disgusting.
Old 11-09-2012, 11:27 AM  
Administrator

Missouri
And some churches, for example the Catholic Church, own hundreds of rentals and pay no taxes on the income from those. Someone has to make up the taxes, so we do.
Old 11-09-2012, 11:34 AM  

Greenville, SC
Sorry, but I am worried more about money being given away and/or wasted than I am about the lack of taxation. You guys are using the same argument that puts tax cuts in the same catagory as "increased spending". The end result MAY be the same but the principles behind the two are totally different.

--Milton Friedman (1912-2006)
Old 11-09-2012, 03:00 PM  
MRB

Sacramento, California
Ted Nugent is definately one strange dude,says some strange sh!t for the sake of publicity only, and has done some sh!tty things, but he has been very sucessful in the entertainment industry and made alot of $$$. However, he is nothing more than an entertainer. I don't care much for the guy but I like some of his old rock albums.
Old 11-10-2012, 11:13 AM  
AK 47 toting Liberal!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rivalarrival View Post
Every church that gets built means less taxed property, means my taxes go up. My property taxes pay so churches don't have to. And that is disgusting.
All part of the scam. All part of the scam.
Old 11-10-2012, 11:17 AM  
AK 47 toting Liberal!

Quote:
Originally Posted by YelloJeep View Post

Most of my giving goes to my church.
You go to church? Gosh it's no wonder I strongly dislike most religious people, apart from the Jimmy Carters and Reverend Al Sharptons, you know.... the Christlike people. I'm sorry, I keep vowing not to come back to this place.
Old 11-10-2012, 10:31 PM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbow View Post
You go to church? Gosh it's no wonder I strongly dislike most religious people, apart from the Jimmy Carters and Reverend Al Sharptons, you know.... the Christlike people. I'm sorry, I keep vowing not to come back to this place.
We appreciate your posts Rainbow. Please don't quit!
Old 11-14-2012, 03:47 AM  
AZ Resident

Surprise, Arizona
Ted's no different than celebs from the other side. Babs said she would move out of the country if Bush was elected in 2000 and 2004. No luck there. Also, Susan Sarandon claims she would have moved to Canada or Italy if McCain was elected. They're all just overly dramatic.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.