Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-21-2011, 03:11 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
Ten Little Indians

Ten little Injuns standin' in a line,
One toddled home and then there were nine;
Nine little Injuns swingin' on a gate,
One tumbled off and then there were eight.
One little, two little, three little, four little, five little Injun boys,
Six little, seven little, eight little, nine little, ten little Injun boys.
Eight little Injuns gayest under heav'n.
One went to sleep and then there were seven;
Seven little Injuns cuttin' up their tricks,
One broke his neck and then there were six.
Six little Injuns all alive,
One kicked the bucket and then there were five;
Five little Injuns on a cellar door,
One tumbled in and then there were four.
Four little Injuns up on a spree,
One got fuddled and then there were three;
Three little Injuns out on a canoe,
One tumbled overboard and then there were two.
Two little Injuns foolin' with a gun,
One shot t'other and then there was one;
One little Injun livin' all alone,
He got married and then there were none

HTML Code:
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/herman-cain-ceo-godfathers-pizza-announces-candidacy/story?id=13655234
Quote:
By RYAN CREED
May 21, 2011
Herman Cain, the former CEO of Godfather's Pizza, announced his bid for the Republican presidential nomination today at a rally at Centennial Olympic Park in Atlanta.

"After prayerful consideration with my family and closest friends, I have decided to seek the Republican nomination for president of the United States," Cain said. "I look forward to continuing my travels across the country, engaging in discussions with the American people about the concerns facing our nation and sharing my 'common sense solutions' with them."

"In case you accidentally listen to a skeptic or doubting Thomas out there, just to be clear ... I'm running for president of the United States, and I'm not running for second," he said.

"Let me tell you what the Cain Doctrine would be: We ain't raising the debt ceiling," he said, to loud cheers. "We are going to cut cut the spending."

The 65-year-old businessman has worked as for Coca-Cola, Pillsbury, Burger King, Godfather's Pizza and the National Restaurant Association before hosting his radio program, "The Herman Cain Show," broadcast out of Atlanta.

He hit the political stage in 1994, when he argued with President Clinton over the Democrat's health care plan at a televised town hall meeting. In 2004, Cain lost a three-way Republican U.S. Senate primary bid in Georgia with one-quarter of the vote.

Cain has said he supports a strong military, lower taxes, less regulation, a return to the gold standard and he has openly been critical of President Obama's health care plan.

In 2006, Cain was diagnosed with liver and colon cancer. He says he's been cancer-free since 2007, and credits the American health system for his recovery.

On the day of his announcement, Cain wrote a case for his presidency on Foxnews.com called "Solving for X."

"Throughout my own [life], 'solving for x' meant learning how to nurture a family, how to navigate the corporate world during unfavorable times and how to deliver results," he writes. "In delivering these results, I have always maintained a sense of humanity while achieving bottom lines and profitability. It stems from my humble beginnings, upbringing and spiritual compass.

"In the end, it will be up to the American people. They will decide if my 'common sense solutions' make up the proper formula to 'solve for x.'"
Ten Little Indians-herman_cain_jt_110521_wg.jpg 

Old 05-21-2011, 03:20 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
HTML Code:
http://www.ajc.com/news/nation-world/potential-gop-candidate-affirms-953497.html
Potential GOP candidate

Quote:
The Associated Press

SALT LAKE CITY ? Former Utah Gov. Jon Huntsman says he is Mormon, and he doesn't think his religion will be an issue if he decides to run for president.
"I believe in God. I'm a good Christian. I'm very proud of my Mormon heritage. I am Mormon," Huntsman told ABC's "Good Morning America" on Friday.

"Today there are 13 million Mormons. It's a very diverse and heterogeneous cross-section of people. And you're going to find a lot of different attitudes and a lot of different opinions in that 13 million," he added.

His remarks came a week after a Time magazine interview in which he said it was "tough to define" whether he still belonged to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

A Huntsman spokesman issued a statement after the Time interview was posted online May 12, saying Huntsman "remains a member of the church and proud to be part of the fabric of a large, vibrant faith."

Matthew Wilson, a Southern Methodist University professor who specializes in religion and politics, told the Deseret News of Salt Lake City that he thinks Huntsman is still trying to distance himself from the Mormon church to avoid the problems faced by fellow Republican Mitt Romney in his 2008 presidential campaign. Some evangelical Christians view the church as a cult.

"(Huntsman) clearly seems to be trying to hold the church at arm's length," Wilson said.

In his first network television interview since returning last month from Beijing where he served as U.S. ambassador to China, Huntsman told "Good Morning America" that his religion won't be an issue in the campaign.

Voters want someone focused "laserlike on jobs and keeping this economy moving forward in ways that will maintain our pre-eminence in the world," he said. "I think everything else that people like to talk about, in many cases, are less relevant. In fact, some are sideshows."
Ten Little Indians-mormon-spreading.jpg 

Old 05-21-2011, 04:49 PM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
A weird indian poem and a 10-year old map. What's your point? Are you against his freedom to express his religion, as well?

https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy
Old 05-21-2011, 04:55 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
I love inclusiveness.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.