Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-12-2014, 11:28 AM  

A Tim Carter Quote

I picked this up from Tim Carter's Fire Pit
Quote:
September 11, 2014

The Ruling Class and the US Constitution

Are you a student of World History? You should be. It gives you a great perspective on what's going on today.

Look back in time to before the 1770-1780's. Prior to that time, regular people had few rights. Land was controlled by pharaohs, emperors, kings, queens, dukes and dictators.

You lived on their land at their pleasure. You did what they said or you paid the price. Some of them were kind, some were despots.

These rulers all had one thing in common. They had a ruling class of people under them that allowed them to stay in power. It was impossible for a ruler to rule thousands by him / herself.

To keep the ruling class happy, the ruler would shower gifts and benefits onto them. This is simple reciprocity. If you were lucky enough to be in the ruling class, you got all sorts of goodies.

Land grants were one of these things. Look back at the late 1600's and early 1700's here in the USA. The king of England, to reward those that kept him in power, gave away large tracts of land to his buddies.

These members of the ruling class would then sell off tracts of the massive land grants to cash in.

How does this relate to what's happening today? I maintain that ALL of the US Presidents are guilty of feathering the nests of their buddies that got them into office.

It's the same mechanics that have happened all along. It's all about reciprocity.

The campaign donors get guaranteed loans. Look at the Solyndra scandal. Look at all the *green energy* projects. Do you REALLY think that all those horrific windmills you see are for our benefit? No way. Those are payoffs to the people that put the leaders in power.

My point is that none of this is new and that the only difference now is that the wealthy ruling class here in the USA are actively trying to turn back the hands of time.

They don't like all the rights we were granted in the US Constitution. They're working hard each day to dismantle the US Constitution because they want you and I to have to ask their permission to do anything and everything.

Don't believe me?

Then explain this. When was the last time you read a story about thousands of laws being repealed? You don't because it doesn't happen.

EACH TIME A LOCAL, STATE OR FEDERAL LEGISLATOR PASSES A LAW MORE OF YOUR RIGHTS ARE TAKEN AWAY.

Each time a new law is passed, you lose more of your freedom. That's a fact.

Each time a new regulation is written by an invisible unelected bureaucrat, you lose MORE of your freedom. That's a fact.

When will you finally throw a brick through a government office window during a protest?

My guess is when you finally have NOTHING ELSE to lose.

You need to get up off the couch and do something before you lose another one of your rights.

You need to become a true activist.

Posting things on Facebook doesn't count. Attending a local tea party meeting doesn't make you an activist.

You need to go out and engage other people. You need to go out and spread the facts. You need to get ACTIVE.

If you don't, I guarantee you that you or your children will become a REPEAT of history. The US Constitution will lie shredded under the rotunda of the US Capital while the Ruling Class dances on top of it.

Let's hope it doesn't come to that.

Posted by Tim Carter at 9:11 AM

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads