Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-15-2012, 08:39 AM  
Administrator

Missouri
Violence against women

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/46743925...ew_york_times/

Old 03-15-2012, 09:54 AM  

Greenville, SC
Quote:
Originally Posted by samfloor View Post
I only skimmed over the first part of the article but it brings to mind a discussion I had with my wife a couple of days ago.
I believe it was initiated by some news story about some guy who had committed a crime against someone (don't remember the crime) that happened to be a woman. He was charged with the crime, and with committing said crime against a woman (so it was stiffer due to it being a woman). It reminded me of the "hate crime" stuff. It is interesting that the same crime has a different penalty based on motive. Also, there are "groups" that want things to be completely "equal" unless of course, they can make it unequal in their favor. Then they are just fine with it. Just a rant on my part... Sorry.

--Milton Friedman (1912-2006)
Old 03-15-2012, 11:31 AM  
Administrator

Missouri
Don't be sorry, I posted it to get discussion.
Old 03-15-2012, 05:29 PM  

Houston, Texas
I honestly believe that one side effect of the woman's movement is that it has liberated men just as much as it has liberated women. This goes to far. How about a "Violence Against Men Act"? Yes, there are women who physically abuse men so how about some equality? My favorite peeve on this topic is selective service. If we require men to register for the draft what about requiring women to register as well? If we are going to preach equality let's have equality across the board. Let's be equal whether you want it or not.
Old 03-16-2012, 05:30 AM  

Greenville, SC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideways View Post
I honestly believe that one side effect of the woman's movement is that it has liberated men just as much as it has liberated women. This goes to far. How about a "Violence Against Men Act"? Yes, there are women who physically abuse men so how about some equality? My favorite peeve on this topic is selective service. If we require men to register for the draft what about requiring women to register as well? If we are going to preach equality let's have equality across the board. Let's be equal whether you want it or not.
You got that right. ACROSS THE BOARD.

--Milton Friedman (1912-2006)
Old 03-16-2012, 04:25 PM  

Houston, Texas
http://i.qkme.me/3occoe.jpg

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads