Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Click Here to Login

Old 08-18-2011, 10:06 AM  
Traveler

Who votes for those raises anyway?

Old 08-18-2011, 10:15 AM  

Kool Aid intoxication, plain and simple!

NEW YORK -- Stocks are tumbling around the world on more signs of economic weakness.

In the U.S., the government says more people filed for unemployment benefits last week than were expected. And there are signs that inflation is rising - consumers paid more last month for gasoline, food and clothes.

The Dow Jones industrial average at one point was down more than 500 points. It's now down 436 at 10,973. All the major market indexes are down more than 4 percent.

Asian markets started the worldwide drop. Japan's Nikkei 225 index fell 1.3 percent after the country said its exports fell 3.3 percent in July from a year earlier.

Thursday's drop in stocks marks a return to the volatility that sent the market plunging the first two weeks of August.

(Copyright ?2011 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)

Old 08-18-2011, 01:42 PM  
Traveler

Good Gawl.... Where's Anne Murray when you need her? All I can say is that someone was pegging this on the rising minimum wage, so they must be raising it every day!
Old 08-18-2011, 04:07 PM  

Bristol, Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by YelloJeep View Post
They ALL make made than me! How about you?
before the raises = no
after the raises =yes

but I'm only a few years out of college, the people around a president should in theory be the best of the best, I don't expect the people around him to be making less then the market average for their comparable private sector profession
Old 08-19-2011, 07:31 AM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJeepXJ View Post
the people around a president should in theory be the best of the best
In theory!!
Old 08-19-2011, 07:59 AM  

Greenville, SC
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJeepXJ View Post
before the raises = no
after the raises =yes

but I'm only a few years out of college, the people around a president should in theory be the best of the best, I don't expect the people around him to be making less then the market average for their comparable private sector profession
Well thay made more than me before the raises. If the job wasn't paying enough before, then they would not have been able to fill the positions.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Bookmark this Page!