Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-17-2011, 05:16 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
Quote:
Letters To Leaders
All messages are published with permission of the sender. The general topic of this message is Religion:
Subject:
Resignation Requested

To:
Governor Robert Bentley

January 20, 2011

Mr. Bentley

As a registered voter, an American citizen, an Alabama Citizen and a devout Athiest, I am appalled and offended by your remarks made concerning your religious beliefs. This has no place in politics nor in governing a state. I feel like I am one of the many you will not do your best to represent while you are in office. I do not feel safe with you as our Governor. So, I respectfully request that you do the right thing and resign immediately. There is nothing you can do or say that will undo what has been done. You apologized to religious leaders, but what about those of us who choose not to believe? Where is our apology? Please do the right thing, this time, and just resign.
Snead , AL
HTML Code:
http://www.congress.org/congressorg/bio/userletter/?id=134084&letter_id=6356361001&content_dir=politicsol
If your religion is in conflict with your job description you seek another job. If you're Islamic and feel the United States is your enemy you cannot serve both the government and your beliefs.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads