Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Click Here to Login

Old 05-08-2011, 07:58 PM  

Kent, Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake7 View Post
Marriage takes patience, withstanding, and selflessness that few seem to possess anymore.

Unfortunately, I'm one of those crazy guys who believes America was found on Godly principles, and, therefore, don't think that gay's should be married.

Let the flurry of arguments and cheap insults ensue.
Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!

Old 05-08-2011, 08:01 PM  
fustrated genius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake7 View Post
Marriage takes patience, withstanding, and selflessness that few seem to possess anymore.

Unfortunately, I'm one of those crazy guys who believes America was found on Godly principles, and, therefore, don't think that gay's should be married.

Let the flurry of arguments and cheap insults ensue.
"patience, withstanding, and selflessnes"? In my 39+ yrs of marriage I would concurr and might add "forgiveness, and tolerence" to your list.

I too, believe that America was founded on GODley principles, but in response, will not judge my fellow man,(and/or woman), but rather know MY believe limitations and respect the believes of those who go beyond my own. It is my believe that the one who fulfilled the requirements perfectly, was subsequently crucified after being ridiculed and humiliated.

On to the arguments and cheap insult . . .dirty @#*%#@#!!! (lol)

Old 05-08-2011, 08:05 PM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
Haha, see, I KNEW it!

I'm perfectly fine with, and work on a day-to-day basis with, homosexuals. I don't discriminate against them, and some of my best friends have been gay.

However, when it comes to my personal opinion, I've always let them know how I feel. So I consider myself a considerate conservative on the issue, I suppose.

https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy
Old 05-08-2011, 08:48 PM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rivalarrival View Post
A discussion on civil rights is a s__t stirring contest? And you want moderators to shut down a discussion on civil rights?

It's nice to know where you stand, but that attitude is galling.
The OP asked a specific question and I answered it.....and how do you know I'm not for.......marriage?

Narrow is a perspective....sensitive is a conviction.....telling is a fault
Old 05-08-2011, 09:04 PM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbow View Post
Like calling athiest ignorant ISN'T stirring the pot? Oh please!
I never called atheist "ignorant". I did share an article where an atheist author called fellow atheist "stupid" and I asked if there was general forum agreement. I merely cut and pasted from the article.

BTW...
Stupid = lacking ordinary quickness and keenness of mind; dull. a stupid opinion.

Ignorant = lacking knowledge or information as to a particular subject or fact: ignorant of Christianity.
Is this really that easy!!
Old 05-09-2011, 07:37 AM  

Greenville, SC
I have read the posts so far and this has been a surprisingly civilized discussion thus far!

In my opinion, I think it should be up to each state to define. The federal gov't only to recognize only where necessary (for tax purposes/benifits, etc..). (this goes for any marriage)
Old 05-09-2011, 09:04 AM  
Traveler

Quote:
Originally Posted by YelloJeep View Post
I have read the posts so far and this has been a surprisingly civilized discussion thus far!

In my opinion, I think it should be up to each state to define. The federal gov't only to recognize only where necessary (for tax purposes/benifits, etc..). (this goes for any marriage)
I'm glad it has been civil for sure. I think that if left up to the states though, that some folks would never be allowed, and discrimination would prevail. If the states did exhibit fairness, then yes, by all means, keep the feds out, but I just don't see fairness being a factor myself.
Old 05-09-2011, 09:29 AM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
Quote:
but I just don't see fairness being a factor myself.
If states were left on their own desegregation of schools would never have happened.
Old 05-09-2011, 09:49 AM  

Greenville, SC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicinabottle View Post
I'm glad it has been civil for sure. I think that if left up to the states though, that some folks would never be allowed, and discrimination would prevail. If the states did exhibit fairness, then yes, by all means, keep the feds out, but I just don't see fairness being a factor myself.
I guess my take is that if a state wants to have marriage be between a man and a woman, so be it. If another state wants to have marriage between a man and a cantaloupe then so be it. Then folks have a choice.
Win Win, right?

Sounds to me like the only way you want it to be up to the states if is they all did the same thing right? That pretty much defeats the purpose.
Old 05-09-2011, 10:00 AM  
Traveler

No. I'm just for equality for all, and anti discrimination. And certain states such as my own, are certainly biased in this regard. Were it a matter of something genuinely wrong like person to animal marriages, then yes, I believe it should be open to interpretation, but on something like this, what's right is right. I'm just one person with an opinion, and I'm not rallying for this cause at all.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Bookmark this Page!