Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Click Here to Login

Old 05-12-2011, 07:09 PM  

Kent, Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by blucher View Post
It's backed up by demographics on NBC & CBS so I'm sure it can be located if one knows where to look.
Can you come up with a better source?

I've searched for studies demonstrating the correlations of homophobia and anti-gay sentiments against education. The only thing I've found even remotely close is a study of parental education levels and household income on the homophobia levels displayed by their children.

(I haven't read the full study yet - the abstract says there is no link between parent's education level and homophobia, but does suggest a link between household income and homophobia)
THE EFFECT OF PARENTAL INCOME AND EDUCATION ON HOMOPHOBIA

The study above does cite other studies demonstrating a positive correlation between religiosity and homophobia. There have been numerous studies demonstrating a positive correlation between household income and intelligence levels. There have been numerous studies demonstrating a negative correlation between religiosity and both education level and intelligence.

I would say there is evidence that tends to support the idea that homophobia is inversely related to education level, but without direct study of the correlation, that evidence is meaningless.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Bookmark this Page!