Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-25-2011, 05:27 AM  

Greenville, SC
Why do we let this continue???

Suspect In Baby's Death Killed Another Child In 1994 - Greenville News Story - WYFF Greenville

Suspect In Baby's Death Killed Another Child In 1994

We let too many killers and pedophiles out of prison. It seems so often that they commit again. We need harsher punishments, or the ones who let them out should be liable.

Old 01-25-2011, 05:44 AM  

Rochester, New York
Locking people up doesn't rehabilitate them and cure them of their propensity to commit crimes. That much is undeniably true. Going to prison is, for many people, a rite of passage rather than a deterrent.

I'm a proponent of the death penalty for those who commit violent crimes. Recidivism rates would plummet to 0% if we hanged all violent felons.

Opponents of the death penalty tend to call this "uncivilized" but I argue that not doing it condemns other innocent people to be hurt or killed. And THAT is truly uncivilized.

Old 01-25-2011, 05:53 AM  

Greenville, SC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
...I'm a proponent of the death penalty for those who commit violent crimes. Recidivism rates would plummet to 0% if we hanged all violent felons.

Opponents of the death penalty tend to call this "uncivilized" but I argue that not doing it condemns other innocent people to be hurt or killed. And THAT is truly uncivilized.
I agree. I do not think that prison "solves" the INDIVIDUAL's problems. I do think that it keeps them from committing again AS LONG AS THEY ARE IN PRISON. (So expensive though..)
But in all reality, you are correct in that the repeat offense rate of executed criminals is zero. I am for it. It makes me sick to see so many times there is another victim of someone who committed the same crime before. It's awful.
It just seems that someone should be responsible for letting these animals out on the streets again.
Old 02-06-2011, 10:31 AM  

macomb, Illinois
I am as conservative as they come,(here it comes)but as in Illinois you have to watch out for zealous prosecutors looking to put a feather in their cap. We have some governors in jail for other crimes,but should be there for bad convictions. Sex crimes have had some people exonerated by DNA. Maybe DNA positive should be required for the death penalty,then not take forever to execute. Those with proof positive should get head of the line privileges.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads