Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-30-2014, 02:11 PM  
Administrator

Missouri
Worthless congress

Ever wonder why congress gets nothing accomplished? Over the past two years, there have been 56 bills introduced in the House to defund Obamacare. They knew that none would pass, but would rather spend time on that instead of things that could pass. I'm no supporter of the ACA either, but wasting time on 56 bills that you know won't pass? What a worthless bunch of leeches.

Old 10-31-2014, 09:41 AM  

Nevada
If you're going to blame "Congress" why not put the blame where it belongs - Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid!!! Of more than 300 bi-partisan bills passed in the House - including Constitutionally required budgets!, only 19 were put to a vote. The Senate has not even discussed a budget since 2009!

Old 10-31-2014, 01:09 PM  

Harry Reid! The prime example of the need for term limits!
Old 10-31-2014, 10:36 PM  
Administrator

Missouri
Well, Boehner is just as bad. Both parties leaders are awful.
Old 11-01-2014, 06:45 AM  
American

I voted for repeal of obummer care and I don't care if it tales a thousand bills to get it done or civil war to get it done. They have done a pretty good job of stalling and stopping much of obummers agenda. We still have a 2nd amendment for example.
Old 11-01-2014, 10:10 PM  
Administrator

Missouri
What negative effect did it have on you? I know it raised rates for some people. I had no insurance before and none after, so it really doesn't affect me.
Old 11-03-2014, 06:38 AM  

Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by samfloor View Post
What negative effect did it have on you? I know it raised rates for some people. I had no insurance before and none after, so it really doesn't affect me.
It's not what it did directly for YOU, it's what it has done to hundreds of thousands of businesses and their employees. You cannot raise costs and impose fines without hurting those trying to make a living outside of government.

And, when unions are opposing something rammed down our throats by Democrats, you know it has some serious failings.
Old 11-03-2014, 06:56 AM  
Administrator

Missouri
It does say something when we are the only "civilized" nation in the world that doesn't provide health care for it's people. And we rank 38th in quality of health care.
And you can forget the so-called horror stories from Canada and the UK. I have friends who live in both countries and have no complaints about health care. The problem with the ACA is that it doesn't cover everyone. I am not eligible.
Old 11-04-2014, 11:19 AM  

Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by samfloor View Post
It does say something when we are the only "civilized" nation in the world that doesn't provide health care for it's people. And we rank 38th in quality of health care.
And you can forget the so-called horror stories from Canada and the UK. I have friends who live in both countries and have no complaints about health care. The problem with the ACA is that it doesn't cover everyone. I am not eligible.
As there are 196 countries and we are at #38, where do you get that we are not the only country in the world not to provide health care for its people?

If you're going to make claims, at least get your facts straight.
Mexico does not have universal medical care. Neither do most of central and south American countries. Africa? How many? Asia? How many?
Old 11-04-2014, 11:55 AM  

Our government has not proven itself capable of managing annything. Why would anyone want them invoved with healthcare?

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads